How Fast Is LA Consulate's Turn Around Time?

How soon should I apply for my visa?

You may apply for the visa no earlier than 90 days from when you plan to enter Thailand. As the visa will expire in 90 days from the date of issue (six months if two entries are issued) you do not want to apply too early. Also, allow enough time for the visa to be issued (two business days if applying in person or ten days - not including mailing time - if applying by mail).

How long does it take the Thai consulate in LA to process a tourist visa application (double entry)?

Any one done it in say 10 days?

Probably a lot faster than the the Chicago consulate which does not return any quiries... :o

My personal experience with mail order tourist visas at the LA Consulate was quite good. They came back in the mail so quickly, I presume they must have processed them the same day they received them.

Only caveat is that this was during 2002/2003, before I relocated here.

How long does it take the Thai consulate in LA to process a tourist visa application (double entry)?

Any one done it in say 10 days?

They do not offer any guarantees, but so far I've had it done (through mail) about 4 times, and the response time ranged from 7 to 15 days (note that most of the time was documents traveling from SF to LA and back -- I used priority mail, not overnight). If you go in person, I think it would be faster.

The LA Thai Consulate is available for inquiries, very polite and helpful on the phone (I called them once), so if you need it done faster, I assume you could call them.

I must note their service was the best of all consulates of any country that I dealt with anywhere... not the mention our very own INS.

Edited by crocodilexp

Many years ago a client had a dire emergency on a project here in LOS.

I purchased my ticket to BKK for the following day but was also confirmed for that evenings flight.

Went to the consulate and received my non-immigrant "B" visa in 35 minutes. Normally is is as Jing Jing says. In one day out the next.......

My personal experience with mail order tourist visas at the LA Consulate was quite good. They came back in the mail so quickly, I presume they must have processed them the same day they received them.

Only caveat is that this was during 2002/2003, before I relocated here.

I had the same recent experience, just about a month ago. I sent my passport, money order and other paperwork for a non-immigrant ED visa and it came back in four days. If you do as they suggest and provide an express self addressed envelope with the proper amount of postage stamps on it with your paperwork, it's quite fast and efficient.