British tourist survives three-storey Phuket balcony fall

webfact

British tourist survives three-storey Phuket balcony fall
Khemin Wicheetthagoon

PHUKET: -- A 21-year-old British tourist, Melissa Romanni, fell down three floors from a guesthouse balcony in Patong around 3am yesterday (November 12).

Kathu Police said they received a report that a female foreigner had fallen from a balcony at a guesthouse on Nanai Rd.

At the scene they found Ms Romanni, who fortunately was not seriously injured. She was taken to Patong Hospital where she remains under observation.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-tourist-survives-three-storey-phuket-balcony-fall-42822.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-11-13

Must have been drunk. She is too young and wrong gender for Phuket balcony diver.

It's increasingly apparent that Europeans generally have a difficult time dealing with balconies. As I suggested once before, airlines should be required to show an instructional video on incoming flights regarding their use. That could be expanded to include other enigmatic situations such as which button to use when calling an elevator ... another issue that seems to defeat many of our friends from the north.

elevator-buttons-24783508.jpg

It's good news that she survived, although it must be a disappointment to the conspiracy theorists.

Good idea. They could also warn people that when they try and exit an elevator not to be surprised that most Thais will try and push into the elevator first. They're too dumb to understand it would be easier, quicker, safer and good manners to allow people off first. Same with some at BTS/MRT. Me first !!

They are afraid the elevator will leave without them, the same as they believe the plane will leave without them.

• Like 1

Naming Man, where does it say she had a Brit boyfriend facts, facts facts man, leave your guessing with the rubbish, at that time probably pissed out of her mind that is probably why she is not injured much, relaxed body on the way down.

She is bloody lucky, hopefully learned so lessons or sense.

• Like 1

Naming Man, where does it say she had a Brit boyfriend facts, facts facts man, leave your guessing with the rubbish, at that time probably pissed out of her mind that is probably why she is not injured much, relaxed body on the way down.

My post was in conjunction with the quoted post. My point being, it is possible she jumped.

Sure, the article doesn't state she has a Brit boyfriend, however, it also doesn't state that she hasn't got a Brit boyfriend.

I keep an open mind to all possibilities here.

My post was in conjunction with the quoted post. My point being, it is possible she jumped.

Sure, the article doesn't state she has a Brit boyfriend, however, it also doesn't state that she hasn't got a Brit boyfriend.

My bet is that her beloved albino German Shepherd dog died and she was distraught at the news. Sure, the article does not state she had an albino German Shepherd dog, however it does not state that she does not.

According to the deeply philosophical view of the previous poster, we have to keep an open mind to all possibilities and that allows us to reach such conclusions.

Please, please reassure us that the previous poster is not in law enforcement or the NSA etc.

• Like 1

My bet is that her beloved albino German Shepherd dog died and she was distraught at the news. Sure, the article does not state she had an albino German Shepherd dog, however it does not state that she does not.

According to the deeply philosophical view of the previous poster, we have to keep an open mind to all possibilities and that allows us to reach such conclusions.

Please, please reassure us that the previous poster is not in law enforcement or the NSA etc.

Rember this case?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/562808-aussie-woman-jailed-for-false-sexual-assault-report-in-phuket/

The women had an argumnet with her boyfirend and made a false claim of rape to gain his attention. No, I don't think she owned a German Shepherd dog, but she what charged and sentenced.

Of course, she could have just attempted suicide to gain that attention.

I've seen plenty of young farang women on Bangla Road leave a bar crying, because the boyfriend is got just a little too friendly with the bar girls.

Alcohol, loss of affection, fear of abandonment, depression etc - could influence a girl to jump a balcony.

In this case, I would say it was just an accident, but who knows? Like I said, I'll keep an open mind.

Edited by NamKangMan

Must have been drunk. She is too young and wrong gender for Phuket balcony diver.

It's increasingly apparent that Europeans generally have a difficult time dealing with balconies. As I suggested once before, airlines should be required to show an instructional video on incoming flights regarding their use. That could be expanded to include other enigmatic situations such as which button to use when calling an elevator ... another issue that seems to defeat many of our friends from the north.

It's good news that she survived, although it must be a disappointment to the conspiracy theorists.

Maybe the elevator buttons stumped her and she chose the easier way down?

Good idea. They could also warn people that when they try and exit an elevator not to be surprised that most Thais will try and push into the elevator first. They're too dumb to understand it would be easier, quicker, safer and good manners to allow people off first. Same with some at BTS/MRT. Me first !!

They are afraid the elevator will leave without them, the same as they believe the plane will leave without them.

Same as the trains, buses and immigration then?

• Like 1

Same as the trains, buses and immigration then?

I am totally confused......have we mixed up the forums? I was thinking this one dealt with a lady who fell off a balcony????

• Like 1

You could do what I have done on some of these occassions Let rip a mighty fart as you push your way out and try to hit all the floor buttons whistling.gif

But I am an Aussie so please forgive me cheesy.gif

If I had a Brit boyfriend, I would jump too!

She's lucky not to be seriously injured. But for the rest of her life, a prospective employer doing a simple Google search will come across this incident.

So what? The girl had an accident, why should a prospective employer be concerned?

She's lucky not to be seriously injured. But for the rest of her life, a prospective employer doing a simple Google search will come across this incident.

So what? The girl had an accident, why should a prospective employer be concerned?

Wrongly or rightly assuming excessive alcohol consumption caused this accident. Oh well, if I would be a prospective employer I would give her the benefit of the doubt, and assume she was sober, and an unexpected gust of wind made her topple over.

Possibly because she may have a back, or neck injury, from the fall, and may try to claim insurance or compensation from a future employer. In other words, start work with a pre-existing condition, and then say the injury was work related.