Fedora 20 Beta released...

Richard-BKK

I just finished installing Fedora 20 Beta and I need to say that it looks good, Fedora 20 is release day is set somewhere mid next month so I look forward to see how that actual release works...

One of the improvements I can appreciate is that Fedora 20 has now some tools for people who use a SSD and regular hard drive combination. Its not easier to setup...

I also wonder how much people in Thailand actually use Fedora (any version) at home or work?

Edited by Richard-BKK

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been using Fedora since 9 release. I use it for my notebook at work and for my personel netbook at home. I could never go back to Windows again.

However, I find its not so good for netbooks with a small screen even though I like the gnome 3 desktop environment. However, for netbooks I would recommend the XFCE as its more geared to limited hardware performance and for smaller screens. However, I haven't tried it since version 4.6.

I have also tried using Ubuntu which is a very popular distribution for home use. However, I don't like the Unity desktop environment.

K

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned in another thread in here, I just switched to Fedora 19 with cinnamon and my laptop became suddenly incredible fast. Beats Ubuntu and of course win7 hands down.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1