Singapore Banking

Does anyone have experience of Singapore banks?

Can you open one if your not resident in Singapore but live in Thailand?

Which are the better banks and do they issue debit/credit cards that can be used overseas?

I have a Siam City account & the debit card will not work overseas.

Thanks for any advice..........

Yes,

Yes,

Not sure....but there are plenty.

Advice..... google -> search for banks in singapore (many )-> look up " contact us" and give them a call.

ditto - you will need to go there and produce your passport and make the minimum deposit . was 500 sing dollars for me with HSBC and it costs me 8 sing dollars each time I make a withdrawal using the card in thailand

ditto - you will need to go there and produce your passport and make the minimum deposit . was 500 sing dollars for me with HSBC and it costs me 8 sing dollars each time I make a withdrawal using the card in thailand

Any other documments needed than passport over there?

Singapore or Hong Kong for European customer living in thailand 3-5 months a year?

Which one is better for banking and why?

I have income coming from many countries...

Is this card debit or creditcard?

Yes,

Yes,

Not sure....but there are plenty.

Advice..... google -> search for banks in singapore (many )-> look up " contact us" and give them a call.

S$8 (200 THB) on /each/ withdrawal sounds a lot - I think that must be for a 10KTHB withdrawal right?

Edited by madsere

The card I have is just a straight cash card - you might be able to apply for it to be a credit card also.

I opened my account 3 years ago and all I required was my passport.

Every ATM transaction I have made in Thailand has cost me 8 sing dollars - because of this I will use a Bangkok Bank ATM which will allow me to withdraw 25k at a time.

S$8 (200 THB) on /each/ withdrawal sounds a lot - I think that must be for a 10KTHB withdrawal right?

Not cheap but sounds about right. For HKG-issued cards I pay outside of HKG/Macao

HK$ 50/transation. (S$ 8 = HK$ 40.00)

Not cheap but sounds about right. For HKG-issued cards I pay outside of HKG/Macao

HK$ 50/transation. (S$ 8 = HK$ 40.00)

cheaper than paying tax innit :o

cheaper than paying tax innit :D

Not sure, Hong Kong Standard tax rate is 16%,

Singapore 32 - 33%. Maybe better to declare for tax in Hong Kong as payment not applicable

if income derived from outside of the territory. :o