Re Letter Of Support

Hello Everyone :D

Can you please give me some advice with regard to a letter of support.Further to my previous post I have a couple of questions that i would like answering.My wonderful old Mum has agreed that My wife can come and stay at her place when she come to the UK,so that it will give me a chance to save up a deposit,so that i can get myself back on the Property ladder.

I understand that i will have to give a description of the accommodation that is avalible to both me and my Wife,and that at least the bedroom has to be for our sole use,that is not a problem.

will I have to show the Embassy a copy of My mothers Title deeds?because i read in another post somewhere that you have to do this,and will i have to produce a Rent book?,and last but definatley not least,wil I have to provide a council Tax Bill?

as you can see I am not sure what I have to show them,and what they will expect to see in a case like mine,so any advice would be greatfully recieved

I hope to hear from you all soon

Thanks

Richard :o

will I have to show the Embassy a copy of My mothers Title deeds?because i read in another post somewhere that you have to do this,and will i have to produce a Rent book?,and last but definatley not least,wil I have to provide a council Tax Bill?
The Checklist says that you should supply
Evidence of your spouse's accommodation in the UK, e.g. mortgage statement, letter from landlord, tenancy agreement etc. (original and 1 photocopy)
So, if you mum is still paying a mortgage, then a recent mortgage statement will be fine, if she has paid off the mortgage then a copy of the deeds. The reason for this is to show that she owns the house and so can give permission for you to live there; which is why you'd need a landlord's letter if she rented.

There is no need for her to give you a rent book, neither do you need a council tax bill.

Richard,

If your mother owns the house, then normally a statement by her to this effect will suffice. However, to ice the cake, you could throw in either a letter from a solicitor confirming this, or a copy of the deeds. You do not need to provide a rent book as there is no presumption that your mother will be charging it.

If your mother rents her house, then she should again confirm that she is willing to accommodate you and your wife, and also provide a letter from the landlord stating that he, too, is happy with this arrangement.

Cheers,

Scouse.

The Checklist says that you should supply
Evidence of your spouse's accommodation in the UK, e.g. mortgage statement, letter from landlord, tenancy agreement etc. (original and 1 photocopy)
So, if you mum is still paying a mortgage, then a recent mortgage statement will be fine, if she has paid off the mortgage then a copy of the deeds. The reason for this is to show that she owns the house and so can give permission for you to live there; which is why you'd need a landlord's letter if she rented.

There is no need for her to give you a rent book, neither do you need a council tax bill.

Dear GU22 and Scouser

Thanks for the replies,yet again you have answered my questions.this whole process is,and can be very confusing,but with help form all of you at this forum,it does allow for nights when i can sleep as the mind has been put at rest yet again

Thanks alot

Richard :o