Is anyone interested in taking my Fitness First membership?

Nit3Rid3R

I have a platinum fitness first membership, but I no longer need to use it anymore because I am relocating to another country which doesn't have the gym there, so I am trying to find someone who is willing to take the membership transfer off me.

Before anyone takes up the offer check the internet for comments on fitness first world wide, my daughter and I joined in Australia, almost impossible to stop them taking money from your account even when the contract was expired, it took the threat of legal action before it was resolved, instructors are more interested in getting you to sign for private training than helping in the gym

A little information might be helpful. What does the "Platinum Membership" consist of? How much is the one-time cost? Any reoccuring costs? What locations does it cover? ...

A platinum membership means it covers all clubs in thailand and worldwide. There is 2 cost, first cost is the membership transfer cost, which is around 1,000 - 1,200, second cost is the monthly membership plan, which is 2,500 (if registered by credit card) or 2,700 (if registered with a bank book).

The fitness center coverage is as followed: http://www.fitnessfirst.co.th/th/clubinfo/main.asp

A little information might be helpful. What does the "Platinum Membership" consist of? How much is the one-time cost? Any reoccuring costs? What locations does it cover? ...

Can it be transferred to somebody else?

Yes, the membership can be transferred to anyone.

I recently cancelled my fitness first platimum membership with about 11 months to go on a 2yrs membership which was being auto paid through my Amex credit card. I was using their Q-house Sathorn gym since 2007. Gave them a written letter with the reason (relocating to another part of town), had to pay a small penalty of about 1200 baht (which was the benefit of having taken 2yrs membership as against monthly payment) and 20 minutes paperwork.

Update: Here is all the information.

This membership is a platinum membership. A platinum membership isn't really different from a standard membership, it just allows access to 4 other clubs (Landmark, Siam Paragon, Sukhumvit 39, Q House Lumpini.)

A platinum membership allows access to all clubs in Thailand. To use clubs overseas, you will need to ask for a passport (free), which will have a validation of 3 months.

Costs:

The cost to transfer is around 1,000 - 1,200.

The cost of this platinum membership is 2,562.

There is 2 different prices of this membership, if you register your payment method as credit card, then you will pay the standard 2,562. If you choose to register your payment from your bank book, then the membership will cost around 2,700.

How much is it to join fitness first? (note, this is a membership transfer so you won't need to pay the joining fee). From what I have seen, and from all the clubs I have asked, they are all generally the same. You will have to pay an admin fee and 1 month up front, I don't remember exactly how much it all cost, but my total came down to 5,388.

The billing cycle starts from every 1st of each month, with a late payment on the 15th.

The fitness first locations are as followed:

http://www.fitnessfirst.co.th/th/clubinfo/main.asp

I can transfer this membership around the 20th - 25th of this month.

I recently cancelled my fitness first platimum membership with about 11 months to go on a 2yrs membership which was being auto paid through my Amex credit card. I was using their Q-house Sathorn gym since 2007. Gave them a written letter with the reason (relocating to another part of town), had to pay a small penalty of about 1200 baht (which was the benefit of having taken 2yrs membership as against monthly payment) and 20 minutes paperwork.

Oh really? Because they wouldn't allow me to cancel it, and said that I had to finish the 1 year contract, but since I am moving out of Thailand, I can just cancel my credit card. But when I talked to them at the landmark counter, they just told me that I had to finish the contract. But thanks for this information, I will take a look at the contract carefully.

I'd love to take it off you, I go to True Fitness and the music there does my head in. I've been wanting to switch to Fitness First for a while but the huge joining fees put me off.

. But I don't think I can, I don't have a credit card, just standard thai and british bank accounts. The only way I got membership at True Fitness was by lying and saying my UK debit card was a CC.

Edited by razorramone

I'd love to take it off you, I go to True Fitness and the music there does my head in. I've been wanting to switch to Fitness First for a while but the huge joining fees put me off.

. But I don't think I can, I don't have a credit card, just standard thai and british bank accounts. The only way I got membership at True Fitness was by lying and saying my UK debit card was a CC.

Which branch of True Fitness do you use?

I go to Exchange Tower in Asoke area but have never found the volume of the admittedly crap music to be that bothersome.

Maybe you should visit the FF gyms - last time I did, the music was a lot louder.

2nd rate equipment too.

• 1 month later...