Good dentist in Ubon

jambco984

Google "dentist ubon thaivisa". There's a thread from 3 years ago which I used myself last week. I'll help you - I'll post a comment on it, so look out for it in the Isaan Forum soon!

Edit:

No - that didn't work - should have said google "dentist recommendation ubon ratchatani thaivisa" there is a 2011 archived thread that will come up (which I cannot bump up because it's archived. There was another thread that had other recommendations but I cannot find it now and that would also presumably be archived.

From memory the recommendations were:

Ubon Rak private hospital

Rajavej private hospital

A clinic opposite Big C on Chayangkhul Road (same lady as in Rajavej)

A clinic opposite Robinson on Chayangkuhl Road

A clinic opposite Ubon University in the road connecting Chayangkuhl and the road leading to Yasothon from (and near to) the clock tower

The emphasis of those two threads was cleanliness and getting an English-speaking dentist. No reason why this thread should not continue on the theme of updating dental recommendations, including anyone's comments on value.

My twopennyworth. I went to the dentist in UbonRak for no better reason than I am already registered there, know the place to be reasonably clean and its easily accessible to 'my side of' Ubon without going into the traffic mayhem in the very centre (as it was early when we arrived). Even though it was 9:00 am I expected only to book an appointment but the dentist saw me - but had no unbooked availability after that. He was youngish (30 ish?) and spoke good English. He examined the area where I was complaining of light pain when chewing and took an X-Ray of that part of my lower jaw. He concluded that there was no tooth problem but some gum redness and potential for gum disease if I did not improve on my flossing regularity and technique - so he gave me a demo and its true I had been slipping into a back and forward motion with no acute angle flossing. He said I could get cleaning anywhere including a clinic in my home town and that he would do it if I booked another day. Cost 150 baht for the exam and 150 baht the X-Ray, which I thought was very reasonable for a private hospital!

Only adverse comment was that the X-Ray dental holder for the small X-Ray plate that I had to bite down on, which the dental nurse put in my mouth, looked offputtingly ancient - it probably was sterilized, just looked very low tech and old. The facility was in a renovated area of the hospital but looked a little bit low tech so far as the equipment was concerned (like 30 years old in the UK) but the place was generally clean and spacious. No matter - I was quite happy with dentists 20 years ago in the UK! Would use him again - particularly as he was obviously not into selling unnecessary dental work!

Others might update their prior or more recent experience for you! Bergen? Memock?

Edited by SantiSuk

Brilliant thank you. 'My side of town' is big c side. I did do a search for dentist Ubon and nothing came up so I started the thread.

It would be good to keep it up and have reviews from different people.

I will scope out the one near me that you mentioned.

Thanks

Brilliant thank you. 'My side of town' is big c side. I did do a search for dentist Ubon and nothing came up so I started the thread.

It would be good to keep it up and have reviews from different people.

I will scope out the one near me that you mentioned.

Thanks

Do let us know how you get on.

There is a dentist at Bright Smile which I have noticed in passing there is a website with charges and a phone number.

Need to go for scaling and polishing soon.

As a teacher you would be able to use Sapphisit Hospital and claim back part of the cost from the Social Insurance deducted each month from your salary.

Hi. I need to have quite a bit of work done, a few extractions and a few fillings, possible root canal.

I was just wondering if they would be using a modern x-ray machine that brings it up on the computer screen within a minute or two,

or do they use they old photo negative ones.

It would be handy if I could get this done in Ubon or Sisaket, when on my yearly visit.

and do you think I could get in if I booked just a few days ahead,

Thanks for any help.

Dunno about live X-Ray camera work. Not at UbonRak - I had to go to an ante room and the physical X-Ray negative was brought out (but only a couple of minutes later from memory). So, not modern but certainly sufficiently quick to provide seamless advice. The dentist chatted with plastic models of teeths and gums while we waited for his assistant to bring the negs in.

Can't imagine this would be a reason for not attending an Ubon dentist but perhaps you are ever-so impatient?biggrin.png

Yes to the last question, particularly if you have a choice of two or three to go to if the first has a waiting list.

Like the dentist just after the main Police Station, looking at the entrance of the Police Station is on the next block of buildings on the left of the Police Station.

Great Dentist, good hand, may because she is specialized in kids, she can do anything to me, I dont fill any pains.

• 4 weeks later...

A few months back a European friend was praising the dentist he had used in Ubon -- I asked for the details. He sent this information:

As promised I send you tel. numbers for the dentist in Ubon.
045-313909, 045-314153, 086-8799846.
It is just across the road from Robinson.
There is a lady and a man.
The man I don`t know anything about, but the lady is good. Speaks good English.
I paid 37000 for 4 crowns (8000x4), 1 root canal treatment, 1 filling, x-rays and temporary plastic teeth while waiting for crowns.

I subsequently had occasion to receive four crowns and found her treatment excellent.

• 11 months later...

Went back to UbonRak 4 months ago. My wife had phoned for an appointment this time and we were able to see the dentist within a couple of days.

Different dentist and this time a bit less fluent in English - enough to get by though. They probably have different dentists from outside clinics on different days so if I was that way inclined I would try to find out the hours of the one I liked.

But again - no procedure to be done. Was still having a bit of pain nowithstanding better hygiene by me. So he X-rayed the area again to be safe and said he could find no evidence of tooth rot - 'sometimes these things come on for a while and then disappear as mysteriously as they appear'. He was right sometime relatively soon after all pain vanished and it hasn't come back.

Apart from the fact it's good value (only ThB 150 for the X-Ray plus consultation) and none of them seem to invent work for themselves I'm sorry that's not much to go on as far as quality of work!

Both Dortmund and Arsenal have been on poor form. We both met in Peppers a couple of months back and shook our respective heads about that!

I would put the likelihood of Arsenal beating Galatasary as a 50% chance and the likelihood of Dortmund losing against Anderlecht in Westfalanstadion as 25%. My A level stats therefore tells me that the likelihood of Arsenal topping their group is 12.5 %! Could happen but unlikely.

• 1 year later...

The Dentist ( Female ) across Robinson on Chayangkuhl Road is still around and still does a great job and still speaks english wink.png

Has anyone used this Dentist in Ubon lately for some Crown work? Appreciate your "Help"-Thanks in advance!! wai2.gif

Appointment went well, Teeth examined, x-rays, I had two filling (with no novocaine)-Total 700 Baht (approx. $20 USD). She used a new filling cement with "No Mercury." So far very happy with the results. Crown tomorrow at 6:30PM (18:30 Local). More later. wai2.gif

How come no novocaine? Was it not necessary? Did they not have it?

Not sure what they have, but she said it would take awhile (Approx 2 hours) to deaden the area and it is not good for your health. So I was in a little pain for approx. two minutes. I told her it was pain, she said you have sensitive teeth. Anyway, that part is over. Crown tomorrow and of course they will deaden that area!! More later. wai2.gif

Not sure what they have, but she said it would take awhile (Approx 2 hours) to deaden the area and it is not good for your health. So I was in a little pain for approx. two minutes. I told her it was pain, she said you have sensitive teeth. Anyway, that part is over. Crown tomorrow and of course they will deaden that area!! More later. wai2.gif

Until I came to live in Ubon 22 years ago I had never had novocaine or any other injection for pain relief when getting fillings. And believe me my teeth are not in good shape. Anyway, once in Ubon, they give me the old pain relief injection nearly every time, which annoys me, as for several hours later my gums are all numb.

What I am most interested in is how one can get a crown done in just one day. I have had about eight crowns done in Ubon, and each one takes 4-5 weeks for competition. The old filling is drilled out and a temporary filling put in. Then it takes another two visits a week apart, to thoroughly clean the old tooth root before a temporary crown is put on. Then on the second to last visit, this temporary crown is taken off, a mould is applied to get the new crown shape. This mould has to be sent to Bangkok to get a dental technician to make the permanent crown. On the final visit the permanent crown is glued and grinded down to fit one's teeth.

A crown in one day in Ubon. That is indeed very quick. I didn't know they made them here.

Until I came to live in Ubon 22 years ago I had never had novocaine or any other injection for pain relief when getting fillings. And believe me my teeth are not in good shape. Anyway, once in Ubon, they give me the old pain relief injection nearly every time, which annoys me, as for several hours later my gums are all numb.

What I am most interested in is how one can get a crown done in just one day. I have had about eight crowns done in Ubon, and each one takes 4-5 weeks for competition. The old filling is drilled out and a temporary filling put in. Then it takes another two visits a week apart, to thoroughly clean the old tooth root before a temporary crown is put on. Then on the second to last visit, this temporary crown is taken off, a mould is applied to get the new crown shape. This mould has to be sent to Bangkok to get a dental technician to make the permanent crown. On the final visit the permanent crown is glued and grinded down to fit one's teeth.

A crown in one day in Ubon. That is indeed very quick. I didn't know they made them here.

Hey Mike,

You are right, The crown process will start tomorrow and I get a plastic Temp with the permanent crown one week later. My last crown took a total of two weeks in Orlando, FL. That is what I have been told. More later as I get this done. Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

Appointment went well, Teeth examined, x-rays, I had two filling (with no novocaine)-Total 700 Baht (approx. $20 USD). She used a new filling cement with "No Mercury." So far very happy with the results. Crown tomorrow at 6:30PM (18:30 Local). More later. wai2.gif

First appointment for the crown was the drilling and mold of the replacement crown (with novocaine)-Took approx 1 hour. Total Baht 3,000. One week later, second appointment for crown placement went very well. Very surprise that they got the permanent crown back in one week after ordered. In the US would have taken two weeks plus! Took about 30 minutes to place on the tooth. Total 3,000 Baht. Total Paid with the above fillings 6,700 Baht (Approx: $189.61 USD at todays rate), which I call "Very Reasonable!" In the US the whole procedure would have cost well over $1,000 USD. Made a 6 month checkup appointment for Oct. 2016-"Very Satisfied." wai2.gif

First appointment for the crown was the drilling and mold of the replacement crown (with novocaine)-Took approx 1 hour. Total Baht 3,000. One week later, second appointment for crown placement went very well. Very surprise that they got the permanent crown back in one week after ordered. In the US would have taken two weeks plus! Took about 30 minutes to place on the tooth. Total 3,000 Baht. Total Paid with the above fillings 6,700 Baht (Approx: $189.61 USD at todays rate), which I call "Very Reasonable!" In the US the whole procedure would have cost well over $1,000 USD. Made a 6 month checkup appointment for Oct. 2016-"Very Satisfied." wai2.gif

That is about the normal cost in Ubon. Somewhere between 5,000 and 7,000 baht. I am surprised that you only had two visits. It is some time since I had a crown done but it usually has taken 4-5 visits with a week between each visit. On each visit, they take out the temporary filling (not a crown) and thoroughly clean out the cavity right into the root canal. I think this is because with my crowns they have make sure to clean out the root canal thoroughly to prevent later infection. Anyway, well done. I think your dentist sounds more modern than mine.

That is about the normal cost in Ubon. Somewhere between 5,000 and 7,000 baht. I am surprised that you only had two visits. It is some time since I had a crown done but it usually has taken 4-5 visits with a week between each visit. On each visit, they take out the temporary filling (not a crown) and thoroughly clean out the cavity right into the root canal. I think this is because with my crowns they have make sure to clean out the root canal thoroughly to prevent later infection. Anyway, well done. I think your dentist sounds more modern than mine.

The reason their were only two visits was I did not have a root canal-only a crown placement due to a chip and small hole in my upper right side, 4 to the back from the front tooth! Thank you your constructive reply.wai2.gif