Love and Relationships - how do you treat your Lady Love?

David48

Love and Relationships (in Thailand) - how do you treat your Lady Love?

... or Man Love?

... or Other Love?

So, some well meant relationship advice read recently - while not revealing who said what ...

The case for the Positive ...

Have you tried talking, listening, ... ?
... communication being the main one.

Rebutted with ...

Words from a hardened Sailor ...

We ain't in the west, we don't have to put up with this rubbish.
Dump her and get a new one!

'listen to her needs' <deleted>!

Is it different for you here in Thailand? A fresh start with a fresh Woman.

Or does it feel like 'Ground Hog' Day ... same (insert appropriate expletive) different day.

For me ... I have to admit to being quite lucky ... but then again ... I believe my Girl is Different ... facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Sorry, but this is OUTSIDE of Thailand.

Learn what makes her tick.

Know what makes her unhappy, sad, angry, frustrated etc. and don't do those things to her.

Let her make decisions, and praise her when those decisions prove to be beneficial to you both.

Always treat her as your equal.

Encourage her to achieve what she thinks might be too difficult for her. Applaud her when she succeeds.

Always be there for her when she needs assistance.

Make sure she knows that she is the only person in the world who can satisfy your needs, both emotional, physical and mental.

Almost 15 years now and still going strong.

Mighty Mouse, Mrs. Chrisinth (AKA Google, AKA Encyclopedia Britannica Ultimate) would really appreciate your advice.........tongue.png

On a serious note, your point of treating her as an equal, for myself and our relationship, is by far the most valid. IMO, this should never be overlooked in a lasting relationship. Only being able to speak from my own experience, equality, friendship & trust are the basis of a lasting relationship.

I of course do what I want when she wants, which also helped the relationship mature over the last 14 years..............rolleyes.gif

Edit: Forgot, your point 1: if Mrs. Chrisinth starts ticking, I normally adapt the role of shepherd and get the flock out of there...........

Edited by chrisinth

I would like to say I rule with an iron fist. But that's a lie. I treat her to what ever she wants, when I am not offshore we do most everything together. Se yea I treat her with respect even when she asks stuff that makes me go <deleted>....

• Like 1

All of the Thai women I know well have held to a very strict code of male and female responsibilities. This of course is impossible to carry out if the male does not speak Thai. I have met women who take the lead who have Thai husbands but I would not get to know them well because I don't like carrying the small dogs they always seem to own.

• Like 1

I respect my wife and as a result treat her the best I can, as a human being ,I also have my faults, I treat my wife like I want her to treat me we share many of the same values in life.. My wife is my equal and I consider her needs that is within my power to give her and the freedom to make a lot of decisions in our life together.

I was very lucky in my life to meet the Sole-mate I always looked for in the old country, now that I have met her I will try to unlearn my bad behaviors of the past with the women in my life and not repeat the same mistakes again.

You should never marry a woman that you can not respect or trust!

Cheers:.

• Like 2

Like any woman anywhere in the world she should be treated with respect admiration friendship support and LOVE!!!! But any successful relationship between a man and a woman needs infinite patience - more patience that you have ever thought possible. Sounds hard? But the rewards are worth it.

Never ever and I say never put her fourth on the list of the 10 most influential women in your life.........ends in divorce. How was I to know that it was a trick question.

Never go to bed feeling angry, and always own your part of what goes on, being good or bad. And keep her feeling special.

Other than that, be like me, third time lucky.thumbsup.gif

I respect my wife and as a result treat her the best I can, as a human being ,I also have my faults, I treat my wife like I want her to treat me we share many of the same values in life.. My wife is my equal and I consider her needs that is within my power to give her and the freedom to make a lot of decisions in our life together.

I was very lucky in my life to meet the Sole-mate I always looked for in the old country, now that I have met her I will try to unlearn my bad behaviors of the past with the women in my life and not repeat the same mistakes again.

You should never marry a woman that you can not respect or trust!

Cheers:.

So, you're just another of those guys who like to tread on his women, right?

Sorry, couldn't resist...I liked your post really.

The biggest problem I see here in couples is trouble communicating--learning both languages can help. However, there are also different expectations, which can still get in the way even if people understand each other. Again, knowing the culture (Thai and whatever other country) really helps, but it takes time.

I would like to say I rule with an iron fist. But that's a lie. I treat her to what ever she wants, when I am not offshore we do most everything together. Se yea I treat her with respect even when she asks stuff that makes me go <deleted>....

I like this true opinion, pretty rather here ....

This is a very hard work to do it cause the farang almost always will cry if trusts in Thai lady. I told almost ... don't scream!

Off course exept you and your GF:)

Edited by Loles

People nowadays often mix up in their life love, passion and respect with fall in love and lust. I have to say i'm lucky man to have simple traditional Thai lady with what i have love, respect, passion and happiness. We live together, we sleep together, we fight together, and soon we will have kid together... True love and respect is about sharing. People today are to selfish to know or learn how to do that...

Best regards,

Mike

I try to make her laugh every day, kiss her every day. I tell her she is sexy and beautiful.

I have tried to make her self sufficient too and that seems to be working.

Treat her like a normal human being too.

was she not self sufficient before you met her?

• Like 1

Men have to treat their Thai women with all respect and have to be able to deal with all cultural differences.The real foreign men will read their wishes on their lips, and make Papaya salad i in front of her every morning.

Then breakfast in bed with sticky rice.. -coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1