30,000 red-shirts coming to Bangkok

webfact

Well the Dems are busy pressuring the court to dissolve PT, so did anyone not expect a response?

A response is certainly fair.

Just so there are no double standards, the people funding the reds should be looked into for possible money laundering and the Constitution Court should be off limits through the security act.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to keep repeating that the current government was DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED People may not like their policies but that's one of the consequences of living in a democracy

I don't like many of the policies of the current coalition government in UK but it is up to the opposition parties and the strength of public opinion to make the coalition change or modify their ppolicies.

They have a right to govern in the same way that PheuThai have a right to govern. Allowed that right and without rabble rousers like Suthep trying to oust the democratically elected government there would be no need for supporters of the government to rally to their support

I continue to be disappointed that so many posters whose home countries respect democracy somehow feel that Thailand is somehow different. Let the government be judged by it's actions during it's term in office and then, if it falls horribly short, elect a different government at the end of their electoral term

The current government in UK , with an election around the corner, is already trying to 'buy votes' by introducing 'populist policies' it's the way of the World

" it is up to the opposition parties and the strength of public opinion to make the coalition change or modify their ppolicies."

Isn't that what's happening?

• Like 1

I have to keep repeating that the current government was DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED People may not like their policies but that's one of the consequences of living in a democracy

I don't like many of the policies of the current coalition government in UK but it is up to the opposition parties and the strength of public opinion to make the coalition change or modify their ppolicies.

They have a right to govern in the same way that PheuThai have a right to govern. Allowed that right and without rabble rousers like Suthep trying to oust the democratically elected government there would be no need for supporters of the government to rally to their support

I continue to be disappointed that so many posters whose home countries respect democracy somehow feel that Thailand is somehow different. Let the government be judged by it's actions during it's term in office and then, if it falls horribly short, elect a different government at the end of their electoral term

The current government in UK , with an election around the corner, is already trying to 'buy votes' by introducing 'populist policies' it's the way of the World

" it is up to the opposition parties and the strength of public opinion to make the coalition change or modify their ppolicies."

If your only idea of opposition is to boycott votes and call for street theatre histrionics because you can't beat a coalition government then you deserve everything that happens to you. Whatever happened to cunning and guile and well, let's face it worked last time, money, and a military hand in luring a few mp's your way. It's not as if the dems are above that kind of behaviour. This has been the dems biggest chance of exploiting the amnesty bill fiasco and they've blown it.

• Like 1

What is marshall law like, I have never experienced it, if things go badly wrong? Do I need to get some extra beer in? Is there any advance warning, how would I know when to get the beer in?

Bought a refs whistle yesterday!

Edited by nong38

I wonder who's paying for this...... whistling.gif

It would be fair to ask who is paying for the anti government rally? They sure are not sitting there spending their own money. Sorry i forgot its ok for the other side to be financed by faceless people with an agenda to send Thailand back into the dark ages

• Like 1

I just looked on the Isaan forum, there are not 30,000 missing people with Dubai credit cards, heaven forbid!

Not like the home country is it here, well, up to them.

Bit like being on train in the UK heading back to London after a Man Utd home match, not a pleasant journey I can tell you from experience!

Edited by nong38

A lady friend of mine tells me the demonstration attendees are paid 700 baht each. She has friends that have gone

to the demonstrations. They are not red shirts, just were red and attend the march and collect there remuneration.

Don't know if it is true but that is what she tells me. (Red for bread I guess)

• Like 1

Hitler vas democratically elected and so was R Mogabe when he won the first election.

Well the Dems are busy pressuring the court to dissolve PT, so did anyone not expect a response?

A response is certainly fair.

Just so there are no double standards, the people funding the reds should be looked into for possible money laundering and the Constitution Court should be off limits through the security act.

Unfortunately it looks like the Constitution court is about 4 km's from Government House.. I'm not sure if it's in the security zone (probably not, by about 100 metreswhistling.gif )

If your only idea of opposition is to boycott votes and call for street theatre histrionics because you can't beat a coalition government then you deserve everything that happens to you. Whatever happened to cunning and guile and well, let's face it worked last time, money, and a military hand in luring a few mp's your way. It's not as if the dems are above that kind of behaviour. This has been the dems biggest chance of exploiting the amnesty bill fiasco and they've blown it.

Oh listen to yourself.. What you describe is exactly what happened in 2010 by the REDS and PTP.

Only idea? Why would it be my "only idea"?

But didn't the strength of public opinion cause the government to (supposedly) back down on the their amnesty bills?

Yes, there's also a lot of talk of 'hidden hands' again on the social media and the like. But no one should worry about street protesters pressuring the court, the judges are apparently being well looked after:attachicon.gif2013-11-18.jpg

Beg to differ.

The judges should be worried. When was the last time a decision made against them where the red shirts said ah darn gee wilikers and just went home.

Not that I think this one will go against them any more than the PTP attempt to get the Dems dissolved.

I just realized they are spending all this money to supposedly watch some thing they can't see Yet not even 1 baht for their fellow in arms still in jail waiting for bail.

Not sure what the dictionary description of scum is but I think they fit into that category. I of course could be wrong but I don't think so.wai2.gif

There are 27 Red Shirts at Lak Sri temporary prison. The 112 (LM) prisoners are in Klong Prem. They're in jail because they've been refused bail not because they can't afford it. Do you really think the UDD or the PTP would allow that to happen - well obviously you do, so there's not much point in saying anything more.

Well it seems that the leaders got out ok.

Thailand’s Criminal Court freed on bail Tuesday seven leaders of the anti-government “Red Shirt” movement who were detained last year after leading mass protests that triggered a violent military crackdown.

The seven had been detained on terrorism charges since surrendering to the government May 19 after weeks of clashes in Bangkok between protesters and security forces in which more than 90 people were killed and 1,400 injured.

source;http://www.france24.com/en/20110222-thailand-court-frees-seven-red-shirt-leaders-bail

The Udon Thani Provincial Court agreed on Thursday to release four jailed red shirts on bail of 2.5 million baht each while their sentences are heard on appeal, the Lawyers’ Association of Thailand said.

source: http://www.udontalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11977

AND lastly my favourite: March 2012

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra told his supporters yesterday that he would personally pay for detained red shirts to be bailed out, and said he would soon make an ''elegant'' return to Thailand.
  • Like 1

Hitler vas democratically elected and so was R Mogabe when he won the first election.

Hun Sen has been winning elections for years in spite of his unsavoury past and his very unusual wealth. And now Cambodia's very own rabble rousers have had enough of his corrupt ways and are creating problems for our leader's best mate too.

It's all so unfair on these two paragons of democracy..

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

30,000 just popping down to BKK for a wee chat and all playing nicely. Aye, that sounds about right......

I can't see the point of waiting outside the court to hear the verdict. Couldn't they wait to learn about in to TV? I wonder how many of these rent-a mob Charlies know the real reason why they are being dragooned into going. If asked I guess the most popular answer would be 'I'm only here for the beer'.

• Like 1

Whereas the red-shirts are happy with their shirt and having all (rice) farmers rich by now, curtsy of the middleclass taxpayers.

PS massive bias in education and health? Wasn't this government busy working on that by 'optimising / merging' upcountry schools and of course the re-introduction of 30 Baht for a health system still not financially supported sufficiently?

Anyway 30,000 red-shirts to the rescue, all knowing it's about the red shirt, the being for against blanket amnesty including Abhisit/Suthep and the request for Thaksin returning to serve (his time). Somehow democracy doesn't seem to play in thatermm.gif

Mostly Bangkok middle class....you can't buy them for 500 baht

No need to.They have already been bought ...through the massive bias in state expenditure on urban infrastructure, education and health .. at the expense of the Thai majority.

"Whereas the red-shirts are happy with their shirt and having all (rice) farmers rich by now, curtsy of the middleclass taxpayers."

Seriously?? Rich rice farmers??? Have you ever been near a rice farm or seen how a typical rice farmer lives? And no, you probably can't see them from your nice condo balcony...

• Like 1

Who cares, at the end of the day whoever is in power here cares nothing about the expat community. Cares nothing about racial harassment and double standards against foreign nationals. Cares nothing about Thais married to foreign nationals. Cares nothing about open corruption against foreign nationals. Cares nothing about the hand that feeds them. Stay low and use Thailand or Thailand will use you.

• Like 1

Just one tiny little difference. The UK coalition government is not, AFAIK, owned and controlled by a fugitive convicted criminal who has installed relatives and cronies into key positions, undermines the system of checks and balances, and is hell bent on installing a dynastic dictatorship.

Do you see the difference or is it a little opaque for you ?

• Like 1

Pressuring as in requesting the court to rule on something or another?

Or having rallies with the vowed intention of bringing down the elected government, as Suthep has stated. facepalm.gifthumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

Whereas the red-shirts are happy with their shirt and having all (rice) farmers rich by now, curtsy of the middleclass taxpayers.

PS massive bias in education and health? Wasn't this government busy working on that by 'optimising / merging' upcountry schools and of course the re-introduction of 30 Baht for a health system still not financially supported sufficiently?

Anyway 30,000 red-shirts to the rescue, all knowing it's about the red shirt, the being for against blanket amnesty including Abhisit/Suthep and the request for Thaksin returning to serve (his time). Somehow democracy doesn't seem to play in thatermm.gif

Mostly Bangkok middle class....you can't buy them for 500 baht

No need to.They have already been bought ...through the massive bias in state expenditure on urban infrastructure, education and health .. at the expense of the Thai majority.

"Whereas the red-shirts are happy with their shirt and having all (rice) farmers rich by now, curtsy of the middleclass taxpayers."

Seriously?? Rich rice farmers??? Have you ever been near a rice farm or seen how a typical rice farmer lives? And no, you probably can't see them from your nice condo balcony...

So Docno, You are saying that the Billions of baht that has been spent By the Thaksin clan for votes has been for naught. That the farmers aren't all rich now as Thaksin promised!

And i think the leaders of this government are certainly not living in a condo, Nice or otherwise. But the house is probably as big as an apartment block.

Also . what's a typical rice farmer?

I wonder who's paying for this...... whistling.gif

Who's paying for the Suthep Show? What does it matter? Probably the same in each case, Rich benefactors.

Suthep has said that he goes to the rally point in the morning to make sure that there is plenty of food and drink plus comforts for the crowd. Bet they don't say " ere your are, Khun Sutep, here's my bht100 for the day.

"I wonder who's paying for this" what a stupid question. sad.png

• Like 1

So Docno, You are saying that the Billions of baht that has been spent By the Thaksin clan for votes has been for naught. That the farmers aren't all rich now as Thaksin promised!

And i think the leaders of this government are certainly not living in a condo, Nice or otherwise. But the house is probably as big as an apartment block.

Also . what's a typical rice farmer?

Before I respond further, could you please look up in a dictionary the meaning of the word, "rich". Also, please cite the specific occasion in which Thaksin promised the rice farmers they would become "rich" (again, based on the dictionary definition of that term).

And no, I don't believe that most rice farmers have living conditions or assets that would qualify them as being "rich".

• Like 1

Pressuring as in requesting the court to rule on something or another?

Or having rallies with the vowed intention of bringing down the elected government, as Suthep has stated. facepalm.gifthumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

I don't like or support Suthep. But he said to bring down the THaksin Regime. Which of course cannot mean Yinglucks Phua thai Government as that is not run by Thaksin.. Do you get it?

Or in fact are you saying that Thailand has in fact got a government were the leader has not been officially sworn in for duty in which case that's ..... undemocratic. Lovely conundrum, Don't you thinkfacepalm.gifthumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif