Internet Banking w. Bangkok Bank - paying to individual

Hi, this is a technical question. Maybe some members of the forum are familiar with it.

I asked already a Bangkok Branch. However, they did not understand me: How to pay a small amount to an individual? They told me- do it by ATM.

I pay my phone bill over the internet without any problems.

Why not to an individual with a BB account?

In the internet mask - how to enter an individual person as a payee. They always need a type of business. I could't find an option to enter only the name of the individual. The individual has a BB account.

I attached a screen grab to clarify.

post-54807-0-16849300-1384750626_thumb.p

post-54807-0-38804300-1384750639_thumb.p

You make a transfer to an individual. All you need is there account number and bank.

You mean: Select 'Transfer' instead of 'Payments'. I used 'transfer' to move money between my 3 accounts at BB.

I'll check it. Thank you.

Edited by prepress

Yeap, just use "Add 3rd Party Account"...this is a very common way of also paying for products/services you buy/order from them....or paying periodic payments like your yearly car insurance premium....or paying a company for something you order from their online site. Just a few weeks ago I paid the company that installed my house guttering this way...first I paid 50% down once I got their initial estimate...paid the remaining 50% after the installation was complete. Works like a charm. Just be sure you get and enter the correct account number...usually when setting up the transfer and after entering the account number a name associated with the account will appear but not always initially....just be triple sure of the account number as I don't know what the recovery method would be it you sent the money to the wrong account number and make some Somchai very happy (and surprised) who quickly spends the money. Just be sure of the account number and when setting up the transfer...common sense really.

When you do a transfer to an individual for the first time on internet banking you must utilize a 'one time' password which will be sent to you mobile phone via sms. You can also have the person to whom you are transferring notified by sms or email. After making the initial transfer, the individual will remain on the transfer menu. I do it all the time. Very efficient. Just wish Bangkok Bank was more 'customer friendly' in other relative simple matters.

• Like 1

You make a transfer to an individual. All you need is there account number and bank.

For extra safety, I'd also check that the account I'm transferring to is in the right name, to reduce the risk of transferring to the wrong account-number by mistake.

And I'd query it, if this were (say) a deposit for a hotel-booking, but the account was a private-individual rather-than the hotel.