Pheu Thai says opposition must display evidence to impeach PM

webfact

Head of the Pheu Thai’s legal team, Mr Phichit Chuenbarn, said that the opposition’s claim of confidential documents that could not be included in the motion was a claim which violated Article 271 of the Constitution.

When did PTP start caring about the constitution? You want evidence that they deserve to be impeached?, how about changing the wording of a bill that has already passed a first reading, and then passing the changed bill, clearly unconstitutional. The Prime Minister must be held accountable, if she had any honor she would tender her resignation until the court rules.

Personally, I would love to see Yingluck being grilled.

With a nice BBQ sauce.

Loy Kratong we eat crabs from Myanmar in my family.

I said to the public: Sorry, Yingluck. We have to eat you.

No one understood quickly. 5 minutes later they all eat poo.

Another crazy attempt from the Dems, it never stops. A bunch of cry babies. AV leads the pack.

I believe that the question is how much evidence and material they have to show, and how much have they actual submitted. I can't believe that they have submitted zero reasons.

In a democracy, its good that the PM answers some questions about her actions and decisions.

Misogynist!

With a nice BBQ sauce.

Beware of the pincers of the Mighty Crab.

With a nice BBQ sauce.

Beware of the pincers of the Mighty Crab.

Beware indeed! The pincers are the tastiest part.

post-9891-0-22698900-1384784234_thumb.jp

They just fancy impeaching someone without giving any evidence?

And these are people from the supposedly intelligent party?

Nobody said they weren't giving any evidence, they are saying that they want to keep it secret until the impeachment hearing.

But Somsak is blocking any chance of a hearing unless he can see the evidence first. Of course he will leak copies straight to Yingluk, Thaksin and everyone else involved. He is in their pockets remember.

AV is probably rightly concerned that all those involved will have everything stitched up with corruption to counter the evidence by the time the hearing comes around.

Well, teh parliament isn't a court of law. Declaring it before the hearing is a bit stupid unless of course it is proveable illegality, in which case, they should take it to the coppers.

Another crazy attempt from the Dems, it never stops. A bunch of cry babies. AV leads the pack.

I believe that the question is how much evidence and material they have to show, and how much have they actual submitted. I can't believe that they have submitted zero reasons.

In a democracy, its good that the PM answers some questions about her actions and decisions.

So you like watching girls cry then....? Hahahaha. I really want to see it too. 'Let me get back to you in 20 mins, I have to ask my brother how to answer that one....';

Members of the House of Representatives of not less than one-fourth of the total number of the existing members of the House have the right to lodge with the President of the Senate a complaint in order to request the Senate to pass a resolution under section 274 removing the persons under section 270 from office. The said request shall clearly itemise circumstances in which such persons have allegedly committed the act.

Section 271 of the 2007 Constitution first paragraph above.

How can they itemise lese majeste charges? If they did they would be charged with the crime. I hope lese majeste is not the charge, but the move to impeach without a charge is ridiculous enough for this to possibly be the case.

It's the upper house to decide whether they need more documents or not for the impeachment, not PTP. They also mix it up between impeachment and motion of no confidence, which latter one is MP's privilege and should require no evidence at all on initiation.

It should be impossible to impeach a politician without evidence that supports their indictment.

I have always presumed that P M Thaksin was not Impeached because no evidence exists that could support an indictment for his impeachment.

Impeachment is without doubt the correct way to remove a suspected criminal from Office.

However P M Thaksin appears to have been removed from Office by use of a criminal conspiracy utilising institutions of Thailand that seem themselves to have been corrupted at the time.

The same forces wielded by people that are thought to be criminals themselves, are now trying to remove P M Yingluck from office too.

Thaksin, Somchai, Yingluck.......

Don't you think people are sick to the back teeth of them?

The sad part is the people who could run the country can't get elected (hint they have the tanks). Those are the people that are sick of them. The people who can't run the country are the ones who get elected and they are not sick of them (they don't have the tanks).

So where are the tanks?

How many generals in Pooaah Thai?

Last time the tanks rolled, they were given flowers.

Not by the government they ousted!smile.png

It's plain as day Yingluck is afraid to face Apisit, Jurin, Korn etc, and she has good reason to.

A lamb to the slaughter.

I doubt whether she is afraid though probably very aware of the Democrat leadership's strengths.

What is beyond dobt is that Abhisit, Korn and Jurin are frightened as kittens that if they play this wrong Yingluck will dissolve parliament and appeal to the Thai people.

It's plain as day Yingluck is afraid to face Apisit, Jurin, Korn etc, and she has good reason to.

A lamb to the slaughter.

I doubt whether she is afraid though probably very aware of the Democrat leadership's strengths.

What is beyond dobt is that Abhisit, Korn and Jurin are frightened as kittens that if they play this wrong Yingluck will dissolve parliament and appeal to the Thai people.

What a profound comment considering that 6 Democrat MP's resigned to join the anti-government protestors, who's goal is to remove the corrupt Yingluck administration and have a general election. Really you need to research this issue more thoroughly as your read is way off the mark.

A lamb to the slaughter.

What a profound comment considering that 6 Democrat MP's resigned to join the anti-government protestors, who's goal is to remove the corrupt Yingluck administration and have a general election. Really you need to research this issue more thoroughly as your read is way off the mark.

Not sure whether it's that profound.This is an internet forum for expatriates with time on their hands - not a parliamentary select committee.Still one wonders whether the Dems are really that keen on facing the Thai electorate.Much of the evidence suggests they would prefer some kind of judicial deus ex machina involving the dissolution of PTP and a back door shady entry into government - just like last time.Still I would give the Dems a sporting chance at a general election.The PTP and Yingluck are definitely less popular.The trouble is the Dems haven't really capitalised on this and Abhisit is to campaigning what the Mayor of Toronto is to skinny jeans..Still who knows?

Edited by jayboy