Ugly restaurant practice in CM

dundas

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slowly but slowly chiang mai slips into the inevitable habits of our neighbors to the south. i already cut down my time in chiang mai to part time and i'm looking for the "next" expat haven. one thing i know they will be speaking spanish there.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am a big fan of Latin America over Thailand. Time for me to up and move also!

I love Latin America too but chose here because of the huge difference it safety and security. It's always something so I guess one has to decide what's more important to them. Heaven or home is where you make it and what you make of it.

• Like 2

slowly but slowly chiang mai slips into the inevitable habits of our neighbors to the south. i already cut down my time in chiang mai to part time and i'm looking for the "next" expat haven. one thing i know they will be speaking spanish there.

Are you two moving because you believe him, and you are also ugly? It sounds like a trend to me........ Ugly bugs moving to Latin America.

I'm intrigued as to which Farang managed cafe on moon muang it was. My guess is that it isn't Mad Dog somehow. Any ideas?

There is that new restaurant Uno or Ugo whatever its called, on MM which was just taken over by a foreigner...

Can the OP give us a clue?

Edited by Paangjang

I'm intrigued as to which Farang managed cafe on moon muang it was. My guess is that it isn't Mad Dog somehow. Any ideas?

There is that new restaurant Uno or Ugo whatever its called, on MM which was just taken over by a foreigner...

Can the OP give us a clue?

Name has changed to No-Go...

Are you two moving because you believe him, and you are also ugly? It sounds like a trend to me........ Ugly bugs moving to Latin America.

Good one. Maybe they can start a TV Brigade.

I suppose the responses are split between those who have an idea of what I'm talking about and those who think i'm a negative whining whatever ...

I describe what I experienced. I don't feel the need to defend myself. You can call me for what you like.

And well, this is the first time I've aroused the famed TV mentality I've read about so often. Quite an experience!

Thank you all.

It's easy. You have learn when to take it, and learn when to give it. Just don't have thin skin, and know when to laugh with, and not against. thumbsup.gif

On a warm summer's evenin' on a train bound for nowhere,

I met up with the gambler; we were both too tired to sleep.

So we took turns a starin' out the window at the darkness

'Til boredom overtook us, and he began to speak.

He said, "Son, I've made my life out of readin' people's faces,

And knowin' what their cards were by the way they held their eyes.

So if you don't mind my sayin', I can see you're out of aces.

For a taste of your whiskey I'll give you some advice."

So I handed him my bottle and he drank down my last swallow.

Then he bummed a cigarette and asked me for a light.

And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression.

Said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right.

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,

Know when to walk away and know when to run.

You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.

There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

Now Ev'ry gambler knows that the secret to survivin'

Is knowin' what to throw away and knowing what to keep.

'Cause ev'ry hand's a winner and ev'ry hand's a loser,

And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."

So when he'd finished speakin', he turned back towards the window,

Crushed out his cigarette and faded off to sleep.

And somewhere in the darkness the gambler, he broke even.

But in his final words I found an ace that I could keep.

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,

Know when to walk away and know when to run.

You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.

There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

Songwriters: SCHLITZ, DON

• Like 1

One can only hope.

I thought this was going to be a thread about ugly restaurants.

I was hoping to see a photo. Warts, cauliflower ears, broken nose, protruding eyes, or blackened teeth. Nothing!! Very disappointing. I've asked, of course, but nothing forthcoming, so I can only assume he really is hideous, poor soul.

It's all hilarious. No, I'm not going to name and shame from my anonymous refuge.

What's been interesting for me is the responses I've had.

At its best TV solves problems, provides information, clarifies ... and there were aspects of that here. At its worst, sarcasm and nastiness, the aggression of opinions, I suppose.

And next time something like that happens to me in a restaurant or wherever, I'll just get up and leave. No need to make a scene and no need to recount the experience here.

Thanks for the lesson!

It's all hilarious. No, I'm not going to name and shame from my anonymous refuge.

What's been interesting for me is the responses I've had.

At its best TV solves problems, provides information, clarifies ... and there were aspects of that here. At its worst, sarcasm and nastiness, the aggression of opinions, I suppose.

And next time something like that happens to me in a restaurant or wherever, I'll just get up and leave. No need to make a scene and no need to recount the experience here.

Thanks for the lesson!

Your welcome.

It was not how ever a wasted lesson. It reinforced in me how petty some people can be and the ease they slip into conspiracy's. As I have said I have personally experienced two things out of the ordinary (both good) and not tried to make them an international trend.

36_12_23.gif