Cortisone shots & Deep ear cleaning?

Gone

Ok so yeah 2 different request.

1) I get vertigo and just recently had it bad so was on tons of medicines (as that's what they sell you on here) and it is gone but it is a good idea to get a deep ear cleaning once in awhile too. I remember the last one I had was at Banglamung and it was only 300 baht. I went there today and they no longer have that service. I called BPH just to enquire and they said sure thay have it.......4000 baht ! I told them I was not looking for new ears but they didn't see the humor so does anyone know the best place for this? I know there was a thread a couple of years back and that's where I got the reccommondation for Banglamung but can't even find that thread now.

2) I have had a pinched nerve in my neck for about 3 months now between C-3 to C-7 which effects my shoulder, arm, hand and fingers and I have been in exruciating pain for this long. I had an MRI at Samitrijit hospital but they want 50,000 for a cortisone shot. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even lay in the MRI for the 1 hour that they require so they had to give me anastasia wich was another 25,000 baht.

I took the MRI to Pattaya Memorial (decent hospital price wise and all) but they want 25,000 baht. Both places say it needs to be done in an operating room and I can only just believe them.

Today when I went to Banglamung I wanted to know how much there and if they can do it but the line up was 3 hours or more they said and I am just in too much pain to sit more then 1 hour and also that was just to see a doctor who would have sent me to see the Orthapedic doctor who was not in today but is tomorrow. I will try again tomorrow but couln't make an appointment today because I couldn't stick around that long.

Has anyone else here had these cortisone shots and maybe can reccommend the best place to go and if you know how much that would be great.

Pre-thanks for any help folks.

PS: I already tried the Physio clinic on Thepriset and the Acupuncure but that doesnt work.

Edited by Gone

No sorry they want 25,000 baht too and again only in an operating room. Maybe 800 in your knee or shoulder but as I say this if for my nech and between the C-3 and C-7. Maybe mine is so much because of the fee for the operating roo? I don't know why they say mine has to be in an OR but that's what they are telling me. Or maybe because of the type of cortisone they want to use?

Cortisone shot at PIH 800 BY.

Edited by Gone

Ok so you made me Google "anesthesia"

Sorry I'm not a Linguistics Engineer (or however the hell that is spelled lol)

they had to give me anastasia wich was another 25,000 baht

an expensive lady that Anastasia... i sez wink.png

had mine done at BPH and correct was performed in operating theatre with live x ray so they can see were they are threading the needle in to get in the correct position was about 23,0oo in total but worth it to get rid of the pain invalided surgeon nurse and someone operating the x ray

WOW so for once BPH is the cheapest place? Sounds wrong but if you did it then the proof of the pie.....

Yours was the same as mine was it? What year was your done please?

I agree for around 25k to get rid of the pain would be great however I am not that flush right now. That's why I was hoping to get better news on here but I guess that's the average price.

had mine done at BPH and correct was performed in operating theatre with live x ray so they can see were they are threading the needle in to get in the correct position was about 23,0oo in total but worth it to get rid of the pain invalided surgeon nurse and someone operating the x ray

For Ear cleaning, I always go here: http://goo.gl/maps/kI2rr

700 THB

Thanks but is it where the little man is standing on Pattaya Klang just West of sai 3 yes? I wish I knew where the one in Banglamung went for 300 baht but they couldn't tell me.

Just zoom out and then you will see, but yes that's the one, this is the cheapest one I found, and he also does a good job.

Wow that is outrageous. for 1000 baht PIH will either give you Morphine- morphine sulfate- Penyryl patch (Misspelled ) or Oxycontin as they have zero medium range Narcotics like Vicodin. But I would think the Morphine would work just as good for an anesthesia. I had Morphing when they rammed a 6 inch needle in L3, L4 & L5

to inject dye & troubleshoot where the pain was originating. I was numb from the Morphine . I didn't need anesthesia as I was somewhat comfortably numb & they needed me awake. But I was Zombified as well as being out. As much as cortisone sting I wouldn't think that you need to be out. I tried an earcone that is a cone shaped paper thing that is lit up & inserted in your ear & I was amazed how much wax was transferred into the cone. Unfortunately it was my birthday & it made me feel woozy & couldn't party all that much. But it was cheap at a natural health place. Not sure here where to get. Maybe the Chinese herb place near the temple on the lower Pattaya Thai Soi.towards 2nd road. That would be non evasive & all it would require is someone to light up the cone & pull it out when it is 3" left. It doesn't go poof just a real slow burn. It does feel warm so I would do it in an air conditioned room for comfort. My ears haven't needed any care now for 15 years after the natural method. It did feel kind of freaky though! But it was better than going to a doctor for sure.

700 THB

Thanks but is it where the little man is standing on Pattaya Klang just West of sai 3 yes? I wish I knew where the one in Banglamung went for 300 baht but they couldn't tell me.

Just zoom out and then you will see, but yes that's the one, this is the cheapest one I found, and he also does a good job.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

it was two years ago i had done and it was three discs that had popped out in my lower back

Ok so the cortisone wasn't injected into your neck then I take it? Maybe into your lower back which would be quite different then into the neck where they could do some serious damage and paralasys if anything went wrong. That might be whY it was so cheap (for BPH).

Wow that is outrageous. for 1000 baht PIH will either give you Morphine- morphine sulfate- Penyryl patch (Misspelled ) or Oxycontin as they have zero medium range Narcotics like Vicodin. But I would think the Morphine would work just as good for an anesthesia. I had Morphing when they rammed a 6 inch needle in L3, L4 & L5

to inject dye & troubleshoot where the pain was originating. I was numb from the Morphine . I didn't need anesthesia as I was somewhat comfortably numb & they needed me awake. But I was Zombified as well as being out. As much as cortisone sting I wouldn't think that you need to be out. I tried an earcone that is a cone shaped paper thing that is lit up & inserted in your ear & I was amazed how much wax was transferred into the cone. Unfortunately it was my birthday & it made me feel woozy & couldn't party all that much. But it was cheap at a natural health place. Not sure here where to get. Maybe the Chinese herb place near the temple on the lower Pattaya Thai Soi.towards 2nd road. That would be non evasive & all it would require is someone to light up the cone & pull it out when it is 3" left. It doesn't go poof just a real slow burn. It does feel warm so I would do it in an air conditioned room for comfort. My ears haven't needed any care now for 15 years after the natural method. It did feel kind of freaky though! But it was better than going to a doctor for sure.

Thing is that a hospital can only give you 7 units of morphine unless they are going to keep you under observation and when I had my MRI I had 15 units and said I would stay but morphine has very little effect on me and none of the doctors could believe I was still wide awake and walking around still in pain, hence the anesthesia. No other way they could stop me from moving for 1 hour.

I'm not sure if they would want me out during a cortisone shot or not.

The ear cleaning I prefer to go to the proffesionals because I don't like having things probes into my ear in case it upsets the vertigo so I will go for the 700 baht option reccommended here.

Thanks for your reply though Beardog

<snip>

The ear cleaning I prefer to go to the proffesionals because I don't like having things probes into my ear in case it upsets the vertigo so I will go for the 700 baht option reccommended here.

<snip>

Just in Case if you go to this Doctor I would recommend that you tell him about the vertigo (but I think already you will)

• Like 1

700 THB

Thank you. I appreciate that.

And when you are done, get some noodles at the shop in the pic. Wifey says its one of the best in town! 5555

• Like 1

I know this is a real "pain" but you might try the hospital in Sattahip. If you are in real pain, go in on a gurney and you'll be seen immediately. Otherwise, it can be a long wait. But the prices are really low and they do have good doctors there. Not sure if they do your procedure, but I'd be willing to call down there (err...wifey will) and check it out.

Best of luck.

No sorry they want 25,000 baht too and again only in an operating room. Maybe 800 in your knee or shoulder but as I say this if for my nech and between the C-3 and C-7. Maybe mine is so much because of the fee for the operating roo? I don't know why they say mine has to be in an OR but that's what they are telling me. Or maybe because of the type of cortisone they want to use?

Cortisone is... cortisone.

If you get a shot, check to make sure they also put some local anaesthetic in the syringe with the cortisone otherwise you really would be in pain.

Cortisone is... cortisone.

If you get a shot, check to make sure they also put some local anaesthetic in the syringe with the cortisone otherwise you really would be in pain.

Actually there are different types of cortisone and it would be up to the seurgon how they do it I think. They might put me under or not I'm not sure. I haven't got that far into the discussion with the doctors yet. It is an actual proceedure as some have stated under x-ray observation etc.

I know this is a real "pain" but you might try the hospital in Sattahip. If you are in real pain, go in on a gurney and you'll be seen immediately. Otherwise, it can be a long wait. But the prices are really low and they do have good doctors there. Not sure if they do your procedure, but I'd be willing to call down there (err...wifey will) and check it out.

Best of luck.

Thanks, I will call you and give the wifey the details soon. Queen Sirikit is a great hospital and I'm sure they do it there but a long way for me to travel on the bike in pain lol.

lower back is pretty easy to get paralysed as well i would guess spine is spine if its done wrong then your done permanently don't you think

Actually that is VERY incorrect. When dealing with the spinal and vertebral levels there is quite a big difference of what can happen when you start sticking needles around your spine and vertabres. You can do a lot more damage in your nech then you can in your lower back.

post-147691-0-23298400-1385090090_thumb.