Three police officers wounded in Bangkok Makkhawan Bridge bombing

webfact

Three police officers wounded in Makkhawan Bridge bombing
By English News

13849991592958.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 21 – Three police officers were wounded when a home-made bomb was hurled behind the barricade near Makkhawan Bridge that prevents outsiders from entering off-limits zones.

The three officers were identified as Pol Sgt Krisana Mangala from Samut Sakhon provincial police station, Pol Sr Sgt Siripong Indrarit from the Border Patrol Police Division, and Pol Sr Sgt Naruset Taosaentaweesin.

Police immediately inspected the scene to find the culprits.

Deputy Metropolitan Police Commander Chayut Tanataweerat said the incident could be linked to an attempt to instigate unrest in Bangkok, as earlier reported by intelligence police. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-21

Looks like they missed one of those undercover police without id that have been invading the peaceful protests. Entirely predicatable and the police shouldn't look too hard for the culprit, unless of course there is a job vacancy for deputy house speaker.

The big problem with this report is the fact that someone managed to throw a bomb at the police in a secure zone that is supposed to be guarded... what the hell were they actually doing. And then to manage to NOT catch them... unbelievable :blink:

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Police step up security to prevent third-party attacks

PNPOL561121001000601_21112013_125858.jpg

Bangkok, 21 November 2013 (NNT) – More security checkpoints have been set up to prevent third-party attacks at the rally sites, say authorities.

According to Deputy Commissioner of Metropolitan Police Pol Maj-General Chantawit Ramasut, more security check points have been set up in addition to the original 19, to prevent third-party attacks even though the number of police stationed at the rally sites has not been increased.

The Deputy Commissioner pointed out that he would like the police to understand their roles and duties in maintaining peace and order within the city, and that they must treat all sides equally, regardless of their political convictions.

As for the bomb incident at the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge, an investigation has been launched to determine the cause of the bomb that injured 3 law enforcement officers.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-21 footer_n.gif

Another source is describing this bomb as a giant cracker or ping pong bomb which hit one policeman's riot shield, he fell to the ground and hurt his arm in the process.

Non of the other officers saw who threw it as when it went off, they lay down on the ground double quick.

Edited by Thaddeus

The big problem with this report is the fact that someone managed to throw a bomb at the police in a secure zone that is supposed to be guarded... what the hell were they actually doing. And then to manage to NOT catch them... unbelievable :blink:

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Not hard to believe. Remember the "Green Zone" in Baghdad? Highly guarded and the bad guys still penetrated the perimieter and got into the secure area to do their dirty work.

It's tempting for me to criticize after-the-fact from the comfort of my easy chair, but I try not to. Double :blink: