Protest leader vows to eliminate Thaksin regime

webfact

I did research. That is why I am quoting Wikipedia. I am only reporting facts as I found them from reliable sources. Are you? If Thaksin is running the government illegally, is bail jumping, has an illegal passport, and the Thailand government will do nothing, why hasn't he been arrested by Interpol and indicted before the World Court?

If I am off-topic, I am sorry.

Thaksin skipped bail in 2008.

His passport was cancelled by the government in 2009.

His passport was re-issued by this government and personally delivered by Foreign Minister. The government have been asked a number of times how and why they issued a passport to a fugitive.

I think you need to do some research about the "World Court" if you think they would look at this case.

I agree with you that the "World Court" will probably do nothing.

If his passport was reissued, how can it be invalid?

Then the only way to bring Thaksin to justice is through regime change, which is exactly what Suthep is trying to do. I maintain that, in a democracy, the correct way to do this is through free and open elections, not civil disobedience which might lead to violence.

I thought Thaksin was in the Interpol most wanted list or something like that.

I remember Kasit said that or similar while he was visiting the Yellow protesters when they shut down Bangkok airports.

• Like 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did research. That is why I am quoting Wikipedia. I am only reporting facts as I found them from reliable sources. Are you? If Thaksin is running the government illegally, is bail jumping, has an illegal passport, and the Thailand government will do nothing, why hasn't he been arrested by Interpol and indicted before the World Court?

If I am off-topic, I am sorry.

Thaksin skipped bail in 2008.

His passport was cancelled by the government in 2009.

His passport was re-issued by this government and personally delivered by Foreign Minister. The government have been asked a number of times how and why they issued a passport to a fugitive.

I think you need to do some research about the "World Court" if you think they would look at this case.

I agree with you that the "World Court" will probably do nothing.

If his passport was reissued, how can it be invalid?

Then the only way to bring Thaksin to justice is through regime change, which is exactly what Suthep is trying to do. I maintain that, in a democracy, the correct way to do this is through free and open elections, not civil disobedience which might lead to violence.

It can be invalid because a passport shouldn't be issued to a convicted criminal on the run. It probably shouldn't be personally delivered to him either.

How do you bring someone to justice that in self exile to avoid justice?

• Like 1