Anti-govt Thai actress files charges over car acid attack

webfact

And just how would thaksin be able to sue for libel,when he is a fugitive ?

Easy, he would have his lawyer file the application and then it would be before the court for years.

As to whether they were trying to intimidate her, nothing surer and she will need to watch over her shoulder coffee1.gif

It is way to easy to sue someone here for deformation of character. God forbid people start actually telling the truth. This country desprately needs free speech and then an open dialog. Until then education will continue to teach them that eating durian with beer will kill you and a hair cut on a Wednesday is bad luck.

The prettier they are the dumber they are. If 80% of Thailand is made up of people that hardly come buy, 18% is middle class and 2% are the people related to the demonstrators, it is clear that she does not like her work very much. The masses pissed off by the lady with her pretty face would not watch hr shows or like her very much. What means that she can only work for the army channel 7 whose signal cannot be received anyhow in the North and North East.

Anyone, celebrity or not, is allowed to have an opinion. And in a democracy are allowed to ventilate those opinions. Then again this has become a MOCKRACY (Leave the de- out). So anyone saying a celeb should stay out is actually saying foreigners are not allowed to air their opinions. Any useful and up-building criticism of society is needed to become a true democracy. In my humble opinion.....

It says in the report that he's not going to sue her.

would, not is...

"would" implies, "How would Thaksin....., if he would be here" as opposed to "How is Thaksin....... as he is here."

God I must be bored and killing time 60 minutes before beer o'clock on a friday arvo

That was my question at the time as well.

How can a fugitive sue someone while outside the country he was convicted in?

Mai khao jai! smile.png

Ja naa, after he calmed down, he realized that he put his foot in his mouth and announced he will not press charges. What a windbag

It has a lovely white sporty body, nice attractive curves, probably a real pleasure in the right hands.

lol - my thoughts exactly.

shame there's nothing like this available on the rental market...

There is in places like Baccara and some of the up scale private clubs like Sherbet.

She's got major cajones for taking the stage. She's already famous enough for her notoriously controversial public remarks but in this case its usually showbiz suicide for a celebrity to do what she did so my hat's off to you Ms. Watermelon.

I sure hope she doesn't have cajones. In Thailand one often doesn't know until it's too late.

Anyone, celebrity or not, is allowed to have an opinion. And in a democracy are allowed to ventilate those opinions. Then again this has become a MOCKRACY (Leave the de- out). So anyone saying a celeb should stay out is actually saying foreigners are not allowed to air their opinions. Any useful and up-building criticism of society is needed to become a true democracy. In my humble opinion.....

If she cares I expect to read her in the papers and see her on TV. She made a speech, which being quite so photogenic is right up her street. Celebrities the world over stick their name on stuff and do virtually nothing to change anything.

. there are some amazing exceptions I e. Bob geldof with live aid for example but, I wish her well in her efforts.

The prettier they are the dumber they are. If 80% of Thailand is made up of people that hardly come buy, 18% is middle class and 2% are the people related to the demonstrators, it is clear that she does not like her work very much. The masses pissed off by the lady with her pretty face would not watch hr shows or like her very much. What means that she can only work for the army channel 7 whose signal cannot be received anyhow in the North and North East.

Back to the bar for you mate.

I would bet this didn't have anything to do with her political speach and views, but just using the incident to re-focus on her (look at me) agenda.

I would also venture the substance used was not acid, but DOT3 or 4 brake fluid which will destroy the paint job and not the metal.

The use of the word acid I believe was used to instill shock and awe (drama).

IMHO.

I really do think that TV celebrities and models should stay out of this type of limelight.

But then again, if movie stars can become presidents and governors, who are are we to argue.

Just because they are celebrities they shouldn't have an opinion or be restricted in this . . . many actors have used their fame to highlight politically unattractive situations

I don't care what she looked like before the operations, as she's looking pretty god now.

And stating her feelings about your favourite criminal hardly rates as a 'politically unattractive situation.' Having a criminal running the country by proxy is much more of a 'politically unattractive situation'.

While you try to control your outrage over Thailand's PM perhas you'd also read correctly what was written . . . try.

I'll give you a hint . . . 'they' and 'many' are the operative words here