Need good cardiologist in Chiang Mai

BillyBobThai

In the process of applying for the gov. insurance, it seems the x-ray shows I have an enlarged heart. This does not really surprise me as I have had heart failure for 10 years. After reading the post on recommened doctors here in Chiang Mai, there were two at different hospitals.My question to all of you heart patients, who is the best, not the cheapest.

CARDIOLOGY (Heart)

Dr Patarapong

Chiang Mai RAM Hospital

053 920300

Dr Tanawat Benjanuwatthra

Rajavej Hospital, and Sriphat 053-801999

Many thanks for your help.

I use Dr. Pattarpong at RAM. He is the head of cardiology and found him quite good and willing to talk with you and explain everything. Even makes effort to save you money on procedures if he felt they weren't absolutely necessary.

Tywais: I've had two angioplasties with 6 stents done at Bumrungrad at a cost of around $40,000. Is it any cheaper in CM? Of course, I like my cardiologist, Dr. Sukitti, very much. He's very positive and I always feel cheered up after seeing him.

Tywais: I've had two angioplasties with 6 stents done at Bumrungrad at a cost of around $40,000. Is it any cheaper in CM? Of course, I like my cardiologist, Dr. Sukitti, very much. He's very positive and I always feel cheered up after seeing him.

Had the procedure in RAM in 2011 with placement of single Everolimus drug eluting stent from Abott Vascular.

Total cost 200.000 baht.

Very positive about dr. Pattarapong

Joop

Wow! $40,000 seems a lot. not that I've got anything to compare it with.

Yeah, it was a lot. The first procedure was done on a semi-emergency basis so I wasn't in a position to argue about the price but that's why I'm checking on what others paid. Hoop, you paid less than a third of what I paid for my first procedure during which two J&J stents were placed! It does seem cheaper up there, or at least cheaper than Bumrungrad. I haven't shopped around for cheaper hospitals in Bangkok.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app