Hotel for Xmas

smokie36

Smokie , have you tried Agoda or one of the other on-line booking sites to see availability ? Agoda does crap me off a bit with their "only two rooms left at this price " spiel, but you can normally book a room still as this is only to rush you into booking.

Smokie , have you tried Agoda or one of the other on-line booking sites to see availability ? Agoda does crap me off a bit with their "only two rooms left at this price " spiel, but you can normally book a room still as this is only to rush you into booking.

Of course we can look on Agoda but I prefer to get a recommendation or two from people who have stayed at a hotel. Been bitten before with places which look great then turn out to be awful.

This is not entirely true. If it shows that only 2 rooms are available there are really only 2 rooms available on Agoda at this moment. The hotel might still have rooms for walk in guests. They might also add more rooms if the 2 ones are booked, but you can't count on this.

Anyway, if you see a hotel fully booked on Agoda or any other website you could still try to contact the hotel directly and check if they have rooms. Usually hotels don't put all their rooms on websites during high season to avoid paying too much commission.

• Like 1

Look no further

http://paramakohchang.com

I stayed two nights last weekend and it's absolutely fabulous! Guaranteed satisfaction.

Book immediately if you want some digs at Xmas...

That looks very nice but ahmm OP said max 2000 per night.

I don't think you will get anything there for 2000 baht, maybe a broom closet biggrin.png

I just booked on Klong Prao Resort (same beach name) for 3200 baht per night (25/12-29/12) but don't know if's it's good or not.

As somebody pointed out , it looks so good in the pix and then when you see it, shit.

2000 baht huh? Well, this place will fit smokies budget:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580110-d1607102-Reviews-Siam_Hut_Koh_Chang-Ko_Chang_Trat_Province.html

PS Klong Prao Resort for 3200 B ain't a bad price but be prepared for a heap of Russkies and other Euro-trash...

Well the Russians are everywhere now, here in Pattaya we are overflowed with them right now.

They also stays on the 5 star hotels/resorts.

I am from Euro land myselfbiggrin.png

• Like 1

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580110-d1607102-Reviews-Siam_Hut_Koh_Chang-Ko_Chang_Trat_Province.html

PS Klong Prao Resort for 3200 B ain't a bad price but be prepared for a heap of Russkies and other Euro-trash...

Well the Russians are everywhere now, here in Pattaya we are overflowed with them right now.

It's a dump to be honest, was probably nice 4 years ago, now it is tired and dirty. It's also full of speedo wearing Russians.

Nice location, as the beach there is great, but personally that particular hotel would be on my avoid like the plague list given the type of clientele that it attracts.

It's a dump to be honest, was probably nice 4 years ago, now it is tired and dirty. It's also full of speedo wearing Russians.

Nice location, as the beach there is great, but personally that particular hotel would be on my avoid like the plague list given the type of clientele that it attracts.

Are you referring to klong prao resort?

It's not too late to cancel and try finding something else, perhaps the demonstrations in Bangkok have made some cancel and I can try something else.

Edited by guzzi850m2

My apologies, as I was speed reading, and I meant Koh Chang Resort, which is just down the road. Klong Prao is ok, and it is a nice beach. Lots of Speedo wearers though

OK thanks, you got me worried there, lol.

Well the Russians are impossible to avoid if you go to any major beach destinations in Thailand.