Thailand grabs World Record for largest human Christmas tree

webfact

The record will only last about one week - from the WSJ article - "The City of Lacombe in Alberta, Canada, is already planning an attempt to break the record on Nov. 29. According to the city’s website, it hopes to form a tree with 1,000 people.

"

Granted, this may not be the news of the century and it may not improve the plight on mankind in general. However, it's nice to see a group of young folks, (standIng on two-feet or in a wheel-chairs) peacefully cooperating, in a common endeavor, to display a symbol that does not advocate violence, bigotry or hate.

I suppose I could join the naysayers, but after reading the article and viewing the photo, I thought, "That's nice".

Without any speculation or investigation, I left it at that and went on to the next article.

"Knowledge is a good thing, until we know too much for our own good".

• Like 1

I reckon the Guinness Book Of Records has really gone to seed. When I was young it was all stuff like " World's Tallest Tree", "World's Longest Train", "World's Most Expensive Car" etc. Now it seems to be " Longest time spent on a pogo stick juggling a pair of ferrets while dressed as a milkmaid, singing "Ave Maria" and eating a plate of spaghetti while Papau New Guinea headhunters throw buckets of custard at you."

You forgot the jumping-the-pogo-stick-through-a-burning-hoop-down-a-flight-of-stairs-while-juggling-the ferrets-without-missing-a-beat-grande-finale bit at the end! ;-)

• Like 1

Granted, this may not be the news of the century and it may not improve the plight on mankind in general. However, it's nice to see a group of young folks, (standIng on two-feet or in a wheel-chairs) peacefully cooperating, in a common endeavor, to display a symbol that does not advocate violence, bigotry or hate.

I suppose I could join the naysayers, but after reading the article and viewing the photo, I thought, "That's nice".

Without any speculation or investigation, I left it at that and went on to the next article.

True, nice photo, but hardly world record material, this type of record is simply ridiculous, Guinness should be ashamed of themselves.

True, nice photo, but hardly world record material, this type of record is simply ridiculous, Guinness should be ashamed of themselves.

It would be presumptuous of me to try and decide what is worthy of a world record , what is ridiculous or what is shameful. I am neither trained, qualified nor inclined to do so. I leave that to those that are better suited, either by scholastic achievement or self-appointment.