Cruise Ships visiting Koh Samui 2014

Goodness me. Last time we had one in Nathon was like the land of the living dead, all tottering around on their zimmer frames. Think a great business would be renting out mobility scooters for a day at the pier! Still Max Murphy's will be happy always do well when ship in town.

Goodness me. Last time we had one in Nathon was like the land of the living dead, all tottering around on their zimmer frames. Think a great business would be renting out mobility scooters for a day at the pier! Still Max Murphy's will be happy always do well when ship in town.

You will be old one day, let's hope folks show you more respect.

Yep, we ALL get Old, unless of course you stop breathing, in which case you may save the cost of a zimmer-frame.

We (that is my wife, my daughter and I) all love cruising so do we know if there are any packages being offered on any of these ships for people wanting to sail from Thailand and presumably fly home again?

• 3 weeks later...

We didn't need the photos to know this one jimmy - I have just passed 26 trucks of 'Jungle Safari'. sad.png

Nice of you to keep us updated though.thumbsup.gif

Jusdging by the total lack of mb skills that I have seen today - I supect that some of the 'cruisers' are getting rid of their sea legs by renting mb's. OMFG - it is mayhem out there. crazy.gif

Sorry Big C moment there.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Not one but two cruise ships in Nathon, today... they are off schedule!... A surprise visit! wink.png

AIDAaura was supposed to be here yesterday! 10 Dec I can't tell which is what.... though~!

IMG_8521.CR2.jpg

I think you are looking at the 2014 schedule. Both AIDAaura (on the left) and Volendam (on the right) are here as scheduled.

Not one but two cruise ships in Nathon, today... they are off schedule!... A surprise visit! wink.png

AIDAaura was supposed to be here yesterday! 10 Dec I can't tell which is what.... though~!

I think you are looking at the 2014 schedule. Both AIDAaura (on the left) and Volendam (on the right) are here as scheduled.

facepalm.gif OMG yes! ... Wrong year ! biggrin.png duh on me! blink.png

These people who come off these ships are usually given guided tours by a Phuket Company who come to guide these people around & go to higher end resorts and places that they don't have to mix with the local riff raff! ...and not let loose into the general population! w00t.gif

Having said that Nathon was a buzz with tourists walking around the main street, today! ,,,, Maybe the second class passengers! whistling.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

These people who come off these ships are usually given guided tours by a Phuket Company who come to guide these people around & go to higher end resorts and places that they don't have to mix with the local riff raff! ...and not let loose into the general population! w00t.gif

Having said that Nathon was a buzz with tourists walking around the main street, today! ,,,, Maybe the second class passengers! whistling.gif

What is the name of the company from Phuket? Thanks.

What is the name of the company from Phuket? Thanks.

If my memory serves me correctly it is called "Insight" (not 100% on that, I'll need to go through some photos to find...( I just know some of the guides ... ).

They work in association, with Samui Ships and Trips, located in Nathon. Hope that helps for now!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

AIDAsol

The World btw is a private residential cruise ship serving as a residential community owned by its residents. The residents, from about 19 different countries, live on board as the ship travels the earth—staying in most ports approximately three days. Some people live on board full time while others visit periodically throughout the year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_The_World