Recommendation for a 10-inch tablet / Android Jellybean 4.2

moonseeker

Whatever you do, don't buy a knock-off - something that pretends to be a brand name. They generally fail within a week and you will have zero support from the vendor. Personally I'd buy a Google Nexus over the Internet, but Samsung tablets are fine, just very expensive here, I doubt you'll find a current model Galaxy Tab 10" in your price range. Alternatively there's a local i-mobile range that have some reasonable tablets at very reasonably prices,

And as this is more technology-related than Pattaya-related let's move it to the technology forum.

• Like 2

Whatever you do, don't buy a knock-off - something that pretends to be a brand name. They generally fail within a week and you will have zero support from the vendor. Personally I'd buy a Google Nexus over the Internet, but Samsung tablets are fine, just very expensive here, I doubt you'll find a current model Galaxy Tab 10" in your price range. Alternatively there's a local i-mobile range that have some reasonable tablets at very reasonably prices,

And as this is more technology-related than Pattaya-related let's move it to the technology forum.

Thank you very much! To everybody. Very kind. MS>

I bought a Nexus 10 for 9,900 baht in Central (at Winners 4th floor) which is a great tablet (and now has 4.4). I think that was a special offer though so maybe more now. Well worth paying a few extra baht though. I agree don't buy a copy, gives poor performance and a short life.

• Like 2

Personally I'd buy a Google Nexus over the Internet, but Samsung tablets are fine, just very expensive here, I doubt you'll find a current model Galaxy Tab 10" in your price range.

The 10in Tab 2 is advertised at 12,900B so at most only 900B more than his budget, maybe less. To my mind there isn't much (useful) difference between the Tab 2 and the Tab 3, and so the Tab 2 should be fine for his needs.

I bought a Nexus 10 for 9,900 baht in Central (at Winners 4th floor) which is a great tablet (and now has 4.4). I think that was a special offer though so maybe more now. Well worth paying a few extra baht though. I agree don't buy a copy, gives poor performance and a short life.

You purchased a Nexus 10 here in Thailand? AFAIK, Samsung Thailand never localized this model here. What, or where, is "Winners 4th floor? In a particular Central mall? 9.900 is a lot cheaper than the Play Store in the U.S.

I guess it could be some grey-market unit which somebody wanted to unload?

There were some N7's in that price range.

The N10/2 is due to pop any day now, maybe on Black Friday.

The Samsung Tab 2/10.1/3G+WiFi is 10,500 - 12,900, the latter being the MSRP.

Edited by lomatopo

But no sim card option available

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a NookHD+ 9" on eBay for about $100. Rooted it and installed plain Android. Makes for a nice tablet at a bargain price - assuming WiFi only and no camera is OK. Excellent screen.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I bought a NookHD+ 9" on eBay for about $100. Rooted it and installed plain Android. Makes for a nice tablet at a bargain price - assuming WiFi only and no camera is OK. Excellent screen. Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think you must have been quite lucky to get a 9" Nook for $100. Checking Ebay now, the only ones I find in that range still have weeks left of the auction.

Is there anything bigger than 10" available ?

don't know for sure, but I think going in the 11"+ territory you are talking netbook, laptop, touchscreen laptops

there are some 10.6-11.1" listed here - sort by screen size on the page

I saw a 12" asus running windows, but I haven't seen anything big running android -- apart from dubious chinese kit on alibaba ;)

I'd take a 14" or so if I could find one - it's to become my main, semi-portable viewing device. I have a older 3.5" smart-ish mobile (and a pair of glasses) for my pocket on an everyday basis, and a 24" LCD TV for my room, so I'm looking for something in-between which will be easy on my old eyes. smile.png

Edited by jpinx

• 3 weeks later...

You purchased a Nexus 10 here in Thailand? AFAIK, Samsung Thailand never localized this model here. What, or where, is "Winners 4th floor? In a particular Central mall? 9.900 is a lot cheaper than the Play Store in the U.S.

I guess it could be some grey-market unit which somebody wanted to unload?

There were some N7's in that price range.

The N10/2 is due to pop any day now, maybe on Black Friday.

http://www.shopat7.com/tablet/samsung/nexus-10.html