Ok gentleman and "ladies."

quiuvo

How do we address a female? Girl, lady, woman??

I made the mistake of interchanging all of the above. Now I want you all to tell me how to mention them properly.p in future threads. Remember that my girl.friend is a 30 plus year old and I still have to say my girl.friend not lady friend or woman friend . 555 to you since my dilemma is not uncommon. Up yours, up to you.

When I was working in Ireland one of the guys affectionately referred to his girlfriend as his mutt. Or you could make people think you are gay and call her your partner. Or you could make people think you are a pretentious politically correct tit and call her your life partner.

Women can be referred to as girls up to age 29. After that they must be referred to as women. Quito, your lady friend is 30 so you have been incorrectly referring to her as a girl when in fact she is a woman. Please amend your previous posts to reflect the correct terminology.

Women can be referred to as girls up to age 29. After that they must be referred to as women. Quito, your lady friend is 30 so you have been incorrectly referring to her as a girl when in fact she is a woman. Please amend your previous posts to reflect the correct terminology.

No way, she is my gf. Girlfriend. She is over 29. understand the dilemma? Woman friend ? 555

Definitions

noun

1. a female child from birth to young womanhood
  2. a young unmarried woman; lass; maid
  3. (informal) a sweetheart or girlfriend
  4. (informal) a woman of any age
  5. an informal word for daughter
  6. a female employee, esp a female servant
  7. (South Africa, derogatory) a Black female servant of any age

The use of girl as in meaning 4, to refer to a woman of any age, is highly likely to be considered old-fashioned or to cause offense

Source

Definitions

noun

1. a female child from birth to young womanhood
  2. a young unmarried woman; lass; maid
  3. (informal) a sweetheart or girlfriend
  4. (informal) a woman of any age
  5. an informal word for daughter
  6. a female employee, esp a female servant
  7. (South Africa, derogatory) a Black female servant of any age

The use of girl as in meaning 4, to refer to a woman of any age, is highly likely to be considered old-fashioned or to cause offense

Source

This is not fair.

It is too much for Quiuvo.

He will not understand all that.

Definitions

noun

• a female child from birth to young womanhood
  • a young unmarried woman; lass; maid
  • (informal) a sweetheart or girlfriend
  • (informal) a woman of any age
  • an informal word for daughter
  • a female employee, esp a female servant
  • (South Africa, derogatory) a Black female servant of any age

Source

Ok, thanks. In USA I think most of us want to use 4. Some females do not approve and are called ladies....

Definitions

noun

Source

Ok, thanks. In USA I think most of us want to use 4. Some females do not approve and are called ladies....

Sorry, not nearly true. Way off the mark. In the US, modern women do not like "ladies." It's women. They sure don't want to be called girls past the age of about 21 unless there's a special relationship. You'd never refer to an employee as a girl, but you might refer to a grown daughter or girlfriend affectionately as "my girl."

"Ladies" left the room about 20 years ago.

Definitions

noun

Source

Sorry, not nearly true. Way off the mark. In the US, modern women do not like "ladies." It's women. They sure don't want to be called girls past the age of about 21 unless there's a special relationship. You'd never refer to an employee as a girl, but you might refer to a grown daughter or girlfriend affectionately as "my girl."

I have been corrected. USA females are a different breed indeed. I lived there many years.

Definitions

noun

Source

Or in Victorian times!

Why dont you ask Kudel.

I believe this thread is directed towards him (from another thread).

tongue.png

Hey, what was that link to the 'other thread' ... it might shed some light on a dim subject.

This subject got some light, not dark, for awhile. Good traction I would say.

Why dont you ask Kudel.

tongue.png

Hey, what was that link to the 'other thread' ... it might shed some light on a dim subject.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683505-legal-age-of-consent-in-thailand-16-or-18/page-4

Back and forth sparring about the same.

Definitions

noun

Source

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwC7ph9FD54

Why dont you ask Kudel.

tongue.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683505-legal-age-of-consent-in-thailand-16-or-18/page-4

Back and forth sparring about the same.

Thanks ... thumbsup.gif

I saw the title of the OP and decided to pass, hence I haven't read any of the posts apart from the initial OP.

I think the majority of us who post here can rise above this.