Nokia Lumia 520 anyone use it ? only 1600 baht in USA BF sales

BKKdreaming

Hi

just wondering if anyone has used a Lumia 520 ?

they are REAL cheap at the Black friday after Thanksgiving sale at $50 at the Microsoft store , normally $100 .

and if anyone has used it with Thai software how does it work ? Facebook and the normal other things

it is a windows 8 phone and I do not know if the Thai version is any good, Nokias website does have a page in Thai so I think it is supported

yeah not as cool as a iPhone or Samsung but much cheaper

I've seen many a poor teenager using a Lumia 520 as opposed to the iPhone or latest offering from Samsung. When I ask if it's any good the general response is "It's OK".

I'm not a fan of Microsoft but I'd be willing to buy one if the camera was better. I'm still favouring the i-mobile IQ X for 7000 baht just because it has a better camera and the reviews are pretty good.

MSRP here 4,990.

I'd be careful purchasing in the U.S. as the phone may be contract-free but locked to AT&T, a la "Go Phone".

A truly unlocked version in the U.S., comparable to one purchased here might be closer to $150 +, so perhaps a marginal return given any warranty service/repair/replacement issues.

so I am not sure if its even worth getting xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.gBNm0PzB6t.webp

Like I said, "I'd be careful...".

I think you'd want the totally unlocked RM-915 variant for use here in Thailand.

yeah I agree but the only reason it was interesting was the $50 price! and the RM-915 is not available here......

Ohh well , I guess it is a nice $50 camera , GPS , Media player, 8gb MP3 player and an OK phone for the USA.......