Pheu Thai MPs to convene on Monday

Lite Beer

POLITICS
Pheu Thai MPs to convene on Monday
The Nation November 24, 2013 1:21 pm

30220424-01_big.jpg?1385274770614

Prompong Nopparit

BANGKOK: -- As pro- and anti-government protesters are heading to Bangkok, Pheu Thai Party's MPs will convene on Monday.

Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said all MPs will meet on Monday, getting ready for the no-confidence debate which is scheduled for November 26-27.

All MPs are told to closely monitor the political situation until the end of this month, he said.

Though three anti-government groups join force to topple the government, he said the government would not call for House dissolution.

Prompong said that former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban is likely to lead supporters to the Parliament building and the Government House, to block the no-confidence vote. On another front, the Democrat Party could rush the National Anti-Corruption Commission to impeach 312 MPs and to call for the reopening of the House when only Democrat and Bhum Jai Thai MPs remain. They would then vote against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and vote to appoint Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva as the prime minister.

"Is this actually the plan?" Prompong asked, directing the question to Suthep and Abhisit.

He noted that 15 million voters who support Pheu Thai Party would not stay idle if this is true.

On Monday, he would go to NACC to urge for fair investigation into the 312 MPs, who endorsed the charter amendment on senator selection.

The investigation followed the Constitutional Court’s ruling that the amendment was unconstitutional. Pheu Thai still questioned the court’s authority in reviewing the case.

Anti-government groups have stepped up their movement, with plans to cripple Bangkok on Monday. While more supporters are coming from provinces, including some 2,000 from Chon Buri and more from Nakhon Ratchasima, the pro-government groups have also mobilised supports. Over 10,000 are expected from eight provinces in the North - a major stronghold of Pheu Thai Party

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-24

I wonder why it was necessary to tell all Pheu Thai MPs to closely monitor the political situation until the end of the month.

Isn't that what they're paid for....... or did they something more important to do?

My thoughts exactly, you know for a moment there I thought 'stupid me i thought politicians were supposed to monitor the political situation all the time' ?

No doubt they will all be reminded in no uncertain terms that they must love the great master more than they love themselves.

I wonder how many of these MP's have actually spoken a word in parliament since they took their oath, or even how many times some of them have been there?

Could it be that some are already looking for a fire exit?

Possibly have had secret talks even.

He noted that 15 million voters who support Pheu Thai Party would not stay idle if this is true.

15 million x 500 baht = 7,500,000,000 Bangkok will be crowded, but i don't think they will be staying long.

reported it went up to 750 Baht and many don't want to go. There are also reports of treason that a few mini bus went to the "wrong" demonstration.

Than include some internal corruption, I guess 50 % is a kind number in this situation.

Actually Thaksin has been unusually quiet. No doubt he is preening himself for an emotional plea to his ardent followers.he had better hurry up as they appear to be slowly evaporating.

His tadpole is talking for him

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I found this line to be interesting

On Monday, he would go to NACC to urge for fair investigation into the 312 MPs, who endorsed the charter amendment on senator selection.

Why would he ask for a fair investigation?

A fair investigation would surely reveal information that would bring the government down if they are not already gone.wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

• Like 2

15 million x 500 baht = 7,500,000,000 Bangkok will be crowded, but i don't think they will be staying long.

reported it went up to 750 Baht and many don't want to go. There are also reports of treason that a few mini bus went to the "wrong" demonstration.

Than include some internal corruption, I guess 50 % is a kind number in this situation.

Treason, that's how people from Yorkshire answer the start of most questions, treason is..... most of them are too busy twerking Mundy to Fridy.

(hat, coat, chek bin....... sorry H)

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

Pheu Thai MPs to convene today
The Nation

To prepare for no confidence debate amid moves by anti-govt groups aimed at toppling regime

BANGKOK: -- AS PRO- AND anti-government protesters from the provinces descend on Bangkok, Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said all party MPs would convene today to prepare for the no-confidence debate, scheduled for tomorrow and Wednesday.

Pheu Thai Party MPs have already been told to closely monitor the political situation until the end of this month, he added.

Despite a decision by three anti-government groups to join forces in a bid to topple the government, Prompong said the administration had no intention of calling for a House dissolution.

Prompong said that former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban would likely lead supporters to Parliament and to Government House tomorrow, in an attempt to block the no-confidence vote, in an effort to create a political deadlock.

He said the Democrats might also try to pressure the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) into making a quick decision on impeaching the 312 MPs who endorsed the charter amendment on senator selection, and call for the House to reconvene when only Democrats and Bhum Jai Thai MPs remained.

They could then vote against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and vote to appoint Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva as prime minister.

"Is this actually the plan?" Prompong demanded to know - directing his question at Suthep and Abhisit.

He warned that 15 million voters who support the Pheu Thai Party would not remain idle if this were true.

Prompong will visit the NACC today in an attempt to urge the |commission to carry out a fair |investigation into the 312 MPs.

The investigation follows the Constitutional Court's ruling earlier this week that the amendment was unconstitutional. Pheu Thai is still questioning the court's authority in reviewing the case.

Meanwhile, anti-government groups are ramping up plans to bring Bangkok to a standstill today.

While supporters stream in from the provinces - including some 2,000 from Chon Buri and more from Nakhon Ratchasima - pro-government groups are also mobilising support.

Over 10,000 are expected from provinces in the North - a major stronghold of Pheu Thai Party.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-25