After We Die

murni

We are both English & getting old, so time to think about this:

Anyone know how easy (or difficult) it will be for our son in England to claim the 800,000baht (& take out of the country)we keep in the bank for our visa?

Thanks in advance.

We are both English & getting old, so time to think about this:

Anyone know how easy (or difficult) it will be for our son in England to claim the 800,000baht (& take out of the country)we keep in the bank for our visa?

Thanks in advance.

u have to send it out the day before you leave.......

but seriously transfer it out now and next time visa, transfer back and out again, that way no need to keep it here?

I would talk with the bank first and if no solution a lawyer. In the US believe you can pay on death to a named person so they might have the same provision here (but you would probably have to check at a large or head office).

give him an ATM card and pin number... he can withdrawl it but probably only from within thailand unless you get the banks to issue you an international enabled card?

Just a thought, might not work

give him an ATM card and pin number... he can withdrawl it but probably only from within thailand unless you get the banks to issue you an international enabled card?

I think that's the easiest answer, assuming you trust your kid to wait... Getting a card that can be used overseas is no problem

On the will end, I recently made my will with a similar provision as yours. My lawyer says no problem. I'm inclined to believe that since I've talked to my bank, and they said it is no problem as long as they come to get the money themselves...

Who is executor of your will? Why not just list your son as a benefactor for a fixed amount, to be paid by the executor...

Do talk to a lawyer. One guy I can reccomend is Pipat, 053-242-900.