Education official begs Bangkok protesters to disperse

webfact

He should be begging the government to step down. Then the protesters will go.

I would imagine The Phue Thai Party instigated this plea. Desperate measures for a desperate government. They don't care about the kids or their education.

It's no big deal missing a couple of weeks of school. All they are being denied is the half assed education they would normally get about Thai history, thai geography, thai maths, thai science and english if they have time. Stay at home kids and watch TV. You'll learn a lot more that way.

Actually (Retired in Khon Kean) students can and do fail here. It takes the process of notifying the school and parents before hand. Yes there is money involved for bums on seats like any business I am afraid. Let's not kid ourselves.

Gee, I wonder if video games are only a problem for Thai kids. I see plenty of Westerners glued to their screens in every bar and cafe in the Kingdom. Plenty of Kids from all over the world love violent video games, a convenient scape goat. Sorry that the modern culture has changed and left so many of the medicated retiree crowd behind.

Maybe some of you need to come out of retirement and mentor or do something besides wear a crack in that bar stool. Kids have a right to learn about more than just bloodshed in the streets. Who's political views should they be learning??  Yours, mine, the schools, their parents? Political Opinions are like....well you know. 

Can you get me a work permit?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good so they have time to attend the demonstrations.

The students can join their teachers at Rajadamnoern.. many teachers announce meeting points on Facebook etc

Please send us a link of the so call "many teachers".

While cynical Falang expats love to wax philosophically and light fires about what the students learn in Thai public schools, there is a sense for many kids here that school provides a degree of normalcy for many students, in a politically (and "economically?") challenged state, particularly students too young to fully grasp the "well tempered" views of protesters, angry mobs and soldiers in the streets. Yes this is democracy in action. Yes, you can be critical of Thai curriculum all you want,(did anyone believe the tablet in every kitchen promises would happen and change things for the better?) but lets also be real about students lives beyond the realm of politics which there is more to life than arm chair hooligans who have nothing better to do than get drunk and sit on their <deleted> criticizing the place where they have chosen to spend their retirement dollars to exploit a cheaper lifestyle. Have you ever actually taught anything? Kids need consistency to learn and grow. Kids need to learn about the political process for certain, yet there is more to everyday life for kids than this, getting access to higher education (inside or outside the Kingdom) just like most spoiled foreigners have had. Thai public schools are far from perfect. You get what you don't pay for. So why don't you get off your butts and do something to help kids learn if you are content to be so critical in your new home?

Thank you for a very sensible post. Makes a nice change from the cynical, self-serving and negative posts on this topic. There are no doubt problems with the Thai education and I have seen them first hand. However, this is about the rights of children to go to and from school without fear of violence. Surely this should be a universal right.

Your stated opinion of those members who do not support 'the Education Official' detracts from the point you wished to make. The standard of your grammar leaves much to be desired also which acts as another distraction. IMO your post is a waste of electrons. Rather than persuading those who harbour an alternative opinion to yours to rethink the matter and come up with a different opinion all you have done is stoke their fires. A seat in the Thai Cabinet should be yours for the asking.

While cynical Falang expats love to wax philosophically and light fires about what the students learn in Thai public schools, there is a sense for many kids here that school provides a degree of normalcy for many students, in a politically (and "economically?") challenged state, particularly students too young to fully grasp the "well tempered" views of protesters, angry mobs and soldiers in the streets. Yes this is democracy in action. Yes, you can be critical of Thai curriculum all you want,(did anyone believe the tablet in every kitchen promises would happen and change things for the better?) but lets also be real about students lives beyond the realm of politics which there is more to life than arm chair hooligans who have nothing better to do than get drunk and sit on their <deleted> criticizing the place where they have chosen to spend their retirement dollars to exploit a cheaper lifestyle. Have you ever actually taught anything? Kids need consistency to learn and grow. Kids need to learn about the political process for certain, yet there is more to everyday life for kids than this, getting access to higher education (inside or outside the Kingdom) just like most spoiled foreigners have had. Thai public schools are far from perfect. You get what you don't pay for. So why don't you get off your butts and do something to help kids learn if you are content to be so critical in your new home?

Thank you for a very sensible post. Makes a nice change from the cynical, self-serving and negative posts on this topic. There are no doubt problems with the Thai education and I have seen them first hand. However, this is about the rights of children to go to and from school without fear of violence. Surely this should be a universal right.

Your stated opinion of those members who do not support 'the Education Official' detracts from the point you wished to make. The standard of your grammar leaves much to be desired also which acts as another distraction. IMO your post is a waste of electrons. Rather than persuading those who harbour an alternative opinion to yours to rethink the matter and come up with a different opinion all you have done is stoke their fires. A seat in the Thai Cabinet should be yours for the asking.

Hahaha. Long live the Queens English. The royal we. This isn't only a political issue about Tie-land...Thai Math? What is that? Its about the rights of children everywhere not to have to live in fear of violence, their parents or neighbors get killed or maimed. who's dubbing whom a political junkie.

Lets hope the military keeps things cool. I agree missing a coupla weeks of school isn't the end of the world, unless it drags on indefinitely or breaks out into violence and kids are hurt. Kinda like a futbol match then ay? .Right! Opps my gryaammar is showing... Do tell. Such sophistication on this site.