Yingluck rules out House dissolution, resignation

webfact

millwall_fan post # 22

Yingluck and Puea Thai are not 'clinging to power' as mentioned above. They were elected just over 2 years ago by a large majority - they don't need minor parties to keep them in power. The yellow shirts are seeking to overthrow by undemocratic means, the elected government of this country.

They were not elected by a large majority their share (P.T.P.) of the votes cast was 48% thus they had to coerce and pay or offer political ministry incentives etc so as the minor political parties would come to join them so as to form a coalition government.

I along with many others do not see preponderance of Yellow Shirt supporters in the anti government rally rally. You would be certainly surprised if you were to take a stroll round our and the surrounding villages her in Amphur Sangkha Changewat Surin and canvass the views of the locals.

They are indeed supporting this anti government movement.

Strangely enough some of them are university educated and their fellow villagers understand their speech too, like them there fellow villagers are fully aware being rice farmers just how well they have been and still are being shafted by this puppet government and banks who haven't got the money y to pay for the pledged rice scam scheme.

No they didn't.

There was no "need" to form a coalition. The results of the 2011 Election records that the PTP were allocated 265 seats out of a total of 500 seats, a majority. The Dems had 159 seats. That leaves 76 seats shared out amongst the smaller parties (all potential coalition partners). Even if the dems got the army in to force ALL the smaller parties at gun point to join "their" coalition they'd still only have 235 seats.

So the dems would probably need to get the navy and the air force in as well to persuade 31 PTP MP's to join the dems to even have a chance at forming a government with a majority of 1.

Now do you understand?

But Abhisit should have won, as he is better qualified. Therefore the seats in parliament don't matter, and steps must now be taken to overturn the election result. Do try and keep up with enlightened TV thinking dear chap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

fab4 post # 32

No they didn't.

There was no "need" to form a coalition. The results of the 2011 Election records that the PTP were allocated 265 seats out of a total of 500 seats, a majority. The Dems had 159 seats. That leaves 76 seats shared out amongst the smaller parties (all potential coalition partners). Even if the dems got the army in to force ALL the smaller parties at gun point to join "their" coalition they'd still only have 235 seats.

So the dems would probably need to get the navy and the air force in as well to persuade 31 PTP MP's to join the dems to even have a chance at forming a government with a majority of 1.

Now do you understand?

If that was the case an overwhelming victory why did the P.T.P. puppet government feel the need to form a coalition?

Remember that saying ,''Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.'' Thaksin knew that the P.T.P. was doomed unless he paid political mercenaries for their support and probably yours too.

This puppet administration has courted the military and the police by virtue of nepotism so inane comments concerning the democrats needing support from the military are merely a reflection of the current P.T.P. puppet government and your viewpoint and it indicates a view of total hypocrisy and myopia.

Now pop down to the stadium and go and support your fellow fascists there's a good little P.T.P.puppet while you're singing Two Lips from Amsterdamwhistling.gif .

millwall_fan post # 22

Yingluck and Puea Thai are not 'clinging to power' as mentioned above. They were elected just over 2 years ago by a large majority - they don't need minor parties to keep them in power. The yellow shirts are seeking to overthrow by undemocratic means, the elected government of this country.

They were not elected by a large majority their share (P.T.P.) of the votes cast was 48% thus they had to coerce and pay or offer political ministry incentives etc so as the minor political parties would come to join them so as to form a coalition government.

I along with many others do not see preponderance of Yellow Shirt supporters in the anti government rally rally. You would be certainly surprised if you were to take a stroll round our and the surrounding villages her in Amphur Sangkha Changewat Surin and canvass the views of the locals.

Strangely enough some of them are university educated and their fellow villagers understand their speech too, like them there fellow villagers are fully aware being rice farmers just how well they have been and still are being shafted by this puppet government and banks who haven't got the money y to pay for the pledged rice scam scheme.

No they didn't.

Now do you understand?

Interesting that given their strong position in the HoR and influence over a lager number of senators and the senate speaker, that they screw up so much legislation in passage.

Why do you think that is ? With the figures you quote, they shouldn't have to cheat, lie, and deprive the opposition of the right to debate.

Is it arrogance, stupidity, inept whips, total disrespect for democracy ? Why do you think they choose to behave this way and create problems for themselves?

But Abhisit should have won, as he is better qualified. Therefore the seats in parliament don't matter, and steps must now be taken to overturn the election result. Do try and keep up with enlightened TV thinking dear chap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The only reason the current government need to be removed, preferably by impeachment and legal process, is because they have broken the law, refuse to abide by the law and are openly controlled by a convicted fugitive.

They have tried to ram 3 very dodgy bills through parliament to suit their own ends and have been caught out.

Nothing to do with the suitability of the opposition, or how previous Thai governments have behaved. This is about the current government and its behavior and performance.

Yingluck has been instructed by he brother she must not resign and dissolve parliament, If it suited his game plan she would be told the opposite.

• Like 2

I keep hearing the same old thing from many posters that the Democrats have no chance of winning the next election.

I think to the contrary. A lot can happen in a short amount of time in politics. All the PTP needs to do is lose 12% of their seats to the Dems, and they are in.

The recent polls show that the PTP have lost a huge amount of support, and that is echoed by the lack of support the reds are able to drum up in contrast to the massive support the Dems are getting for their anti-gov protests.

Yingluck and the PTP are refusing to dissolve the house because they know it is going to be like climbing a mountain to get back to power for another term.

Don't forget, they gained massive support for the rice pledging policy, and look what has happened to that. Lots of their voters still waiting to be paid, and very unlikely that it will continue.

It is not unusual in any democratic country to see the ruling party popularity decrease as the pendulum swings the other way. In fact, it is very rare for a government to increase its popularity, it almost always decreases.

I am not saying that the Dems will stroll in at another election, but I can assure everyone, it won't be a landslide for PTP if they even exist. Because I doubt they will even be around after this government has been closed down.

The constitutional court still has a case on the table that can see them banned and all 312 MPs and 'in the pocket' senators banned along with them.

You only need to win an election by a majority of 1 and if history is anything to go by (in most countries) the 'other' will always scurry to the majority side of the house in a coalition option.

millwall_fan post # 22

No they didn't.

Now do you understand?

Interesting that given their strong position in the HoR and influence over a lager number of senators and the senate speaker, that they screw up so much legislation in passage.

Why do you think that is ? With the figures you quote, they shouldn't have to cheat, lie, and deprive the opposition of the right to debate.

Is it arrogance, stupidity, inept whips, total disrespect for democracy ? Why do you think they choose to behave this way and create problems for themselves?

Indeed, aside from anything else, why didn't they make sure that all of the voting procedures and debating procedures were perfect? If this is all one big game, the thing that matters is the result. But by screwing up on the way through they gave the CC a chance to throw the vote out. Why? How dumb and arrogant are these people.

To Fab, they got Newin to switch before, they can get some to switch now. All they need is an overwhelming threat over someone and they will cave. This is what they had with Newin with his father, so he switched. Is there really that much loyalty among liars and thieves? They will jump to leave a sinking ship, no doubt at all.

She can't resign.

To do so would trigger a new election which PTP may win, but with a much smaller majority (mandate) which would make any controversial legislation impossible to push through. This situation is clealry not acceptable to Taksin

Her only card left is to try to wait it out, which is real a non starter, so its stalemate.

I hope the military stay put, and i think they will. They must let politics take its course and remain impartial observers.

Well as things are going now I would have to agree with you. Mind you if they did throw the Shinawatra clan out on it's collective ass I would not object.

But there is a line that no government should cross and the PTP is getting close to it. Walking on thin ice refusing to abide by the Constitutional court and the ICJ pretty close to it. So far just talk.

While giving interview to reporters at noon following the weekly Cabinet meeting, a reporter asked her to affirm that she would neither dissolve the House nor resign, she replied: "That's right".

She then walked away and was said to be heard muttering my brother won't let me.clap2.gif

I wonder how edgy the PTP and associated "coalition party" MPs are?

They will be wondering which mast to pin their colours to if it goes to the polls.

Abhisit could have some fun by asking them to declare up front.

Well We know what the PTP would do.

But for the other parties?

The one thing for sure it would certainly put them in a very uncomfortable position.

Ah what the heck lets do it and let the chips fall where they may.

So much for the dream.

How do you know that PT would be returned with a decreased majority? Has anyone actually asked the supporters of PT? I doubt it. Most polls are conducted in 'Bangkok and surrounding provinces' and are conducted on behalf of the polling companies by university students who barely speak the same language as the ordinary Thais.

Sorry, 46% is not a large majority.

See above. 46% or 48% translated into a good working majority of parliamentary seats.

Makes no difference the majority of the people want them out of there. They got the majority of votes from people they had paid good money for.

Today the Nation has been able to watch them strut there stuff for over two years and 180,000 people have turned up telling them to step down and 50,000 people have turned up to tell them no stay in power. We are masochists and like in fact we enjoy being used as tools.

How do you know that PT would be returned with a decreased majority? Has anyone actually asked the supporters of PT? I doubt it. Most polls are conducted in 'Bangkok and surrounding provinces' and are conducted on behalf of the polling companies by university students who barely speak the same language as the ordinary Thais.

A lot has changed in the last two years. If PT were that confident they could retain their large majority why don't they prove it by calling an election now or at least putting their proposed constitutional amendments to the people?

Haha, I am sure many in America are saying the same thing right now. Why though, because countries have guidelines, rules and laws governing the election process that attempts to instill stability in the government. No one is going to be happy 100 % of the time. Throwing those out the window when one side is unhappy only leads to chaos, instability and uncertainty.

The answer would be to shorten terms if Thailand is unwilling to wait more than two years every time someone gets into office. This is getting to be a joke, so much so it is not even news around the world. Just common place.

I really hate to see this happen in Thailand. You guys be safe over there as this thing may begin to unravel a bit if the mob rules mentality to does immediately get its way.

Actually, there was a poll done in the North East which showed that the majority didn't agree with some of PTP's decisions. Whether that leads to loss of seats, who knows, but it's sure to lead to less votes. Those votes may not go to the Democrats, but there are plenty of other parties that could take seats off PTP.

No they didn't.

Now do you understand?

PTP didn't need a coalition to form government. They needed a coalition to form an effective government. With government ministers not being able to vote on some laws (I forget the exact reason why), the PTP needed coalition partners to get laws passed.

• Like 1

She can't resign.

To do so would trigger a new election which PTP may win, but with a much smaller majority (mandate) which would make any controversial legislation impossible to push through. This situation is clealry not acceptable to Taksin

Her only card left is to try to wait it out, which is real a non starter, so its stalemate.

I hope the military stay put, and i think they will. They must let politics take its course and remain impartial observers.

and if the margin is smaller coalition partner may side with the Democrats.

You assume Suthep will be victorious. What Abhisit and Suthep are doing is no more welcome that the Military Driving Thaksin from office or the courts convicting Thaksin of corruption for supporting his wile by countersigning a contract for her. In civilised countries women have equal rights with men a therefore a husband doesn't have to countersign her legal documents. For doing what many of Thai men have to do every time their wife want's to buy an asset.Thaksin received a two year prison sentence for that anomaly in Thai Law. It's out of the dark ages of the abuse of women and needs fixing in Thailand by giving women full juristic rights.

You assume Suthep will be victorious. What Abhisit and Suthep are doing is no more welcome that the Military Driving Thaksin from office or the courts convicting Thaksin of corruption for supporting his wile by countersigning a contract for her. In civilised countries women have equal rights with men a therefore a husband doesn't have to countersign her legal documents. For doing what many of Thai men have to do every time their wife want's to buy an asset.Thaksin received a two year prison sentence for that anomaly in Thai Law. It's out of the dark ages of the abuse of women and needs fixing in Thailand by giving women full juristic rights.

Come on indy. You've been posting here long enough to know that it wasn't because he just signed for his wife.