Local fruit markets in Pattaya - help!

Duriana

Hello everyone!

Guys please help me! I eat a lot of fruit (4-5 kg a day but durians of course weight more:-)), and so the price is important factor. Hence, I like buying at local markets which aren't tourist-oriented.

Unfortunately, I've already arranged my staying (at least for the 1st month) close to the Ambassador hotel - the south of Pattaya (due to the location of my yoga class). Could anyone please help me to understand where and how to get lots of fruit?! Are there any fruit markets in the south of the city with non-touristy prices? What are my options?

Of course I would not worry if I could drive a scooter, but unfortunately it's impossible at the moment:-(((.

PLEASE, HELP!!!

You are obviously one of those a-peeling people, the apple of your mothers eye.

The main tourist fruit shop is the row of stalls at the rear of Mikes Department Store. Avoid them.

Try the permanent market on South Pattaya Road, the Tuesday and Friday markets at Soi Buakhow or the fruit markets along Central Road.

Go easy on that yoga, it'll give you the pip, and stay away from the cherry girls.....not that you'll find too many in Pattaya. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Ambassador is not the best place to stay for someone who cannot drive, right ?

It has so much within walking distance in and around it, including it's own beach, not really any need to drive, i guess that is why it is so popular.

Try Makro - just follow the queues of Russians from the Ambassador

Indeed. The white bahtbus goes right past the door and Makro is a good place to buy large quantities of most things, and is open very long hours.

They also have private delivery pickups with driver for hire in the car park outside Makro so that might be worth investigating for the trip back to the Ambassador when laden with shopping.

Ambassador is not the best place to stay for someone who cannot drive, right ?

It has so much within walking distance in and around it, including it's own beach, not really any need to drive, i guess that is why it is so popular.

It's so popular because the Russians like the all inclusive price of the place. That and the architecture reminds them of home

• Like 1