Suthep calls for 'people's government'

webfact

A people's government will be established to amend the country's rules so that it is genuinely a democracy under constitutional monarchy

But not like an elected one .... not like one that the majority can win ....

I think I have heard this all before when they occupied goverment house and then the airport. biggrin.png

Lets go team yellow ... lets win ... lets make a new non elected goverment, but a democratic non elected one

• Like 1

<deleted> Suthep is still walking around. Why nobody is going to arrest him. There are 90 dead Thais on his and Abhisits account.

Where is the justice in Thailand?

Thailand is not readz for democracy, there live 150 years behind the social and political evolution.

The amnesty bill almost brought justice back to Thailand.

BS. It almost brought Thaksin back. Justice was never the real issue......or even AN issue.

• Like 1

there is an elected government. Even Y. is not performing best, but in a democracy there has to be a change only by election. Suthep is pushing people into the next civil war. He is not legitimated to appoint any new government. The best is to arrest him, because occupying ministries is a criminal act. This might cool down his brainless followers

A 'Peoples Govt' appointed by Suthep. Is that some kind of bad joke or at the very least an oxymoron?

I suppose it would have been a joke had it been said at all, rather than just manifested in your own head.

'A people's government will be established to amend the country's rules so that it is genuinely a democracy under constitutional monarchy," he said'

No mention of appointing anyone.

There is a difference between appointing officials and intention to establish a government under a fairer more democratic system which is obviously what is meant here.

Democracy means elections which is not what is meant here. Of course maybe I'm wrong. If so list the democratic governments that appoint rulers rather than elect them.

yes normally you need to pay to get ruler in Thailand.

I see a big mistake taking over Government offices......gone too far IMO.

With your attitude Romania would still be under Nicolae Ceaușescu

USA would be still a colony of England

France would be still a kingdom

Everywhere the people gone too far. Or do you think the government would resign if 1.000.000 demonstrators sing songs at the Monument? Something drastic must happen to make a difference.

And the I don't see how the Government offices belong less to Suthep than to a government which does not accept the constitutional court.

So 10% of the electorate has the right to change the government because you don't like the current government?

Everyone has the duty to change the government when the government want to change the country into a dictatorship or harm it in a way that needs decades to repair.

• Like 2

there is an elected government. Even Y. is not performing best, but in a democracy there has to be a change only by election. Suthep is pushing people into the next civil war. He is not legitimated to appoint any new government. The best is to arrest him, because occupying ministries is a criminal act. This might cool down his brainless followers

To destroy the separation of power and the checks and balances is as undemocratic as possible. Don't accepting the constitutional court (and later dissolving it) is just one of the last steps to dictatorship.

• Like 1

The clown is at it again. If you have a true democracy which we dont have you will have a peoples government. By undermining the current imperfect democracy, the people are taught to rule through protest which in most cases end in undemocratic behavior. By leaving the parliament the clown have made it clear that he chose the undemocratic path that can only end badly, but then again he will not be the one letting any blood or tears, only the people he is using as pawns. He is no different than TS same same just another colour.

• Like 1

<deleted> Suthep is still walking around. Why nobody is going to arrest him. There are 90 dead Thais on his and Abhisits account.

Where is the justice in Thailand?

Thailand is not readz for democracy, there live 150 years behind the social and political evolution.

The amnesty bill almost brought justice back to Thailand.

But it wouldn't have brought the fugitive back - any idea's why??

I agree with cms22. Here in the north-east people are supporting Thaksin and his party. They are happy with higher wages and the rice pledging system. Send this Suthep into prison!!! He is destroying the country and will lead into the next CIVIL WAR

cms22, on 26 Nov 2013 - 03:07, said:snapback.png

Yes all the right wing TV members love this. DEATH PENALTY FOR YINGLUCK!!
Fact is, Suthep and his mob have proved themselves unlawful by breaking into govt facilities. Just like the airport...
Fact is, even if Yingluck steps down and the yellow shirts take over, at some point there'll be another election which Thaksin-backed party will win.
Fact is, most people in Thailand (not Bangkok) want Thaksin and his popular policies.
Fact is, Thaksin and whoever he supports/backs will win the next election and the elite/right wing can't accept it BUT IT IS DEMOCRACY.

I like Southern curry. After a week of my wife trying to buy it for me here in Sattahip, she was told that the regular vendor had been paid Baht3000, given a clapper and the promise of free food, to join the demonstrations for one month in Bangkok. I hope the demonstrations are over quicker than one month. I am missing my curry, but it is refreshing to see Thai style democracy in action.

Ron Martin

A 'Peoples Govt' appointed by Suthep. Is that some kind of bad joke or at the very least an oxymoron?

I suppose it would have been a joke had it been said at all, rather than just manifested in your own head.

'A people's government will be established to amend the country's rules so that it is genuinely a democracy under constitutional monarchy," he said'

There is a difference between appointing officials and intention to establish a government under a fairer more democratic system which is obviously what is meant here.

Democracy means elections which is not what is meant here. Of course maybe I'm wrong. If so list the democratic governments that appoint rulers rather than elect them.

Just goes to show what a power driven egotistical trouble maker Khun Suthep is.

I like Southern curry. After a week of my wife trying to buy it for me here in Sattahip, she was told that the regular vendor had been paid Baht3000, given a clapper and the promise of free food, to join the demonstrations for one month in Bangkok. I hope the demonstrations are over quicker than one month. I am missing my curry, but it is refreshing to see Thai style democracy in action.

Ron Martin

A truly big surprise. ALL should wonder how many others are there under the same pretenses, but from one look at TV it's a world wide contagion. For the people, by the people cheesy.gif . If they only knew

Suggest you listen to Sutheps speeches over the weekend when he spoke about an entirely appointed Govt.

Democratic principles my ass. He is as corrupt as those he is trying to replace.

And could have a short life span too.

Now who does this guy think he is? The new "leader" of the country, appointed by himself, ruling als sole leader without a parliament? and he claims to understand anything about democratic processes? and of course, him having been MP for years, he surely is the One and Only who is NOT suspected to be part of the political corruption and game playing scheme in Thailand?

Pathetic... this guy should be put in a mental hospital.

P.S.: I am supporting neither colour, but what this guy Suthep does is completely off any reasonable path and is even more unconstitutional and undemocratic than anything the current or previous governments have been doing...

I see a big mistake taking over Government offices......gone too far IMO.

With your attitude Romania would still be under Nicolae Ceaușescu

USA would be still a colony of England

France would be still a kingdom

Everywhere the people gone too far. Or do you think the government would resign if 1.000.000 demonstrators sing songs at the Monument? Something drastic must happen to make a difference.

And the I don't see how the Government offices belong less to Suthep than to a government which does not accept the constitutional court.

The US was a totally different situation to Thailand. 2013 Thailand is about internal politics inside a sovereign nation, with opposing groups of Thais. The US wanted independence from the British, for a former colony. That is completely different to the situation in Thailand which is purely internal politics and relating to state-level corruption by an elected party.

And France might well have been better off as a Kingdom. We got Mitterrand in France, a communist economy-wrecker, who idolised Mao and visited Mao during the Maoist Genocide years ;

<from http://www.newstatesman.com/books/2010/09/mao-china-famine-western >

"When François Mitterrand visited China in 1961, Mao Zedong mocked reports of famine in the country. There was no famine, he said, only "a period of scarcity", an assertion that Mitterand - who described Mao as "a great scholar known in the entire world for the diversity of his genius" - was happy to accept. Returning to France after his three-week tour, Mitterrand had no doubts about his account of events: "I repeat in order to be clearly understood - there is no famine in China."

Also those examples you provided were pre digital-media-age. Today the images of Thailand's mass-protests are on the internet and that in itself is putting pressure on the highly face-obsessed and glossy media-spin orientated PTP.

Overthrowing regimes by force does not lead to better regimes. In many cases historically it leads to worse regimes. Also by using force you are setting a precedent, you are saying that force is OK if it is for your cause. Future generations will remember that, and so the sad story continues. At some point you have to put down the gun and pick up the megaphone. Making a stand politically without resorting to force, is actually respected by a huge number of people, and so they will be more likely to listen to you and vote for you. The problem in Thailand is not that we don't have enough armed men here, it is that we don't have enough channels of open debate, and also that PTP refuse to discuss anything. When the opposition resorts to use of force, it is to lower themselves and to lose the moral imperative. The place to beat PTP is in the legal system and parliamentary system, and in the form of peaceful mass demonstrations.

Edited by Yunla

Nixon resigned because he got caught being a crook, The newspapers did him in. Johnson did not run for a second term, same as a resignation because of gross negligence in conducting the Vietnam war. The TV and newspapers did him in. Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, was impeached by the House of Representatives on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice, on December 19, 1998. but got off in the Senate. A blue dress got him. Andrew Johnson was impeached on February 24, 1868, in the U.S. House of Representatives on eleven articles of impeachment detailing his "high crimes and misdemeanors. The Senate let him off too. Before my time I don't know if the newspapers got him.

I mention the above only to demonstrate the significance of a Free Press. Might be more important than all the other freedoms.

I take a very simplistic view of politics and speak from my own experiences of living in Buriram province and occasionally on the Eastern seaboard. I observe how ordinary person's lives are affected by successive government policies

Fortunately, despite the constant political unrest, the lot of the ordinary people appears to be improving. Homes are being upgraded and refurbished and most families have all the basic facilities required for modern living. It is so noticeable as one travels around the 'poorer' North East and i think that has to be the barometer of the health of the country

I can see no evidence of the 'middle class' being squeezed, they too appear to be driving new or newish cars and have all the latest gadgets that Thais love to acquire

So, despite all the political turmoil, lives are generally much healthier and more prosperous than they were, and, at the end of the day that's all that really matters

I can only hope that the current situation burns itself out and we can all carry on enjoying this wonderful country in relative peace

I take a very simplistic view of politics and speak from my own experiences of living in Buriram province and occasionally on the Eastern seaboard. I observe how ordinary person's lives are affected by successive government policies

Fortunately, despite the constant political unrest, the lot of the ordinary people appears to be improving. Homes are being upgraded and refurbished and most families have all the basic facilities required for modern living. It is so noticeable as one travels around the 'poorer' North East and i think that has to be the barometer of the health of the country

I can see no evidence of the 'middle class' being squeezed, they too appear to be driving new or newish cars and have all the latest gadgets that Thais love to acquire

So, despite all the political turmoil, lives are generally much healthier and more prosperous than they were, and, at the end of the day that's all that really matters

I can only hope that the current situation burns itself out and we can all carry on enjoying this wonderful country in relative peace

I hear what you say, but it would be a thousand times better if the cream was not being scooped off the top by corrupt officials, in or out of government. Here it seems that paying a bribe is the expected thing to do to get any decent service. When I queried this practice, my Thai friend spoke to my wife in Thai saying, 'Ron does not know how we do things here'??. I have also heard rumours of the person stirring thingsand represents the Phuket area? Bent as a nine bob note!