pollution

muslim insurgency in South

food poisoning

warnings

did i miss something

???????

Is this the good stuff or bad stuff?

political unrest much better than the Middle East

murder on the streets the kids have not started playing that knockout game.

muggings, It takes 10 Thai guys to take down one big Texan.

noise from boom cars, not as bad as most places.

floods have not been a problem for a couple of years.

drugs you don't need a prescription

prostitution is available most places.

unlicensed bars, cars, bikes, businesses make doing business a breeze.

jet ski scams are a good reason to take up sailing at which Thailand excells.

baht bus scams are rare.

scams in general not much of a problem for people used to India, Russia or Chicago.

alcohol more expensive than UK if you want to drink UK imports.

alcohol sales hours for children Keep an eye on the kids and don't let them buy booze.

noise, quiet compared to Mexico.

pollution Not much outside of the burning season and Bangkok.

muslim insurgency in South has not bothered anyone in any other part of Thailand.

food poisoning not much of a problem google CDC food poisoning and easily cured with antibiotics.

• Like 1

..hope many countries would give a warning soon. It will help to cool down the protesters and would make the government work again

I do not think so. How many Thais do you think are capable of contemplating the broader picture or thinking of their tomorrows?

• Like 1

The TAT should employ somebody who knows how to use a calculator..cheesy.gif TAT are in fantasy land with their arrival numbers and the dollars spent for each arrival. coffee1.gif

If you know the TAT is wrong you must have the real numbers. So tell us. If you don't have the real numbers how do you know the TAT is wrong?

There are other organisation in Thailand, including the Airport Authority of Thailand with tourist knowledge and arrival numbers. Anyway it is remarkable that in one of their (TAT) greatest market (Phuket) their number are double of what some of their co organisations comes up with.

The TAT should employ somebody who knows how to use a calculator..cheesy.gif TAT are in fantasy land with their arrival numbers and the dollars spent for each arrival. coffee1.gif

If you know the TAT is wrong you must have the real numbers. So tell us. If you don't have the real numbers how do you know the TAT is wrong?

There are other organisation in Thailand, including the Airport Authority of Thailand with tourist knowledge and arrival numbers. Anyway it is remarkable that in one of their (TAT) greatest market (Phuket) their number are double of what some of their co organisations comes up with.

Good post. If not BS please link.

It pains me to remind all again about Sir Winston Churchill.

To paraphrase slightly "There are lies, dam-n lies and TAT statistics"

If it pains you, why do it?

Patient: Doctor, doctor, when I raise my arm like this it hurts.

Doctor: Well don't do it then.

Get the picture? biggrin.png

Better than 2 trillion baht lost to coruption

I try to stay focused on the article and not stray too far. It seems to help this bi-polar, shortsighted, moron remain on track.

Edited by Benmart

It pains me to remind all again about Sir Winston Churchill.

To paraphrase slightly "There are lies, dam-n lies and TAT statistics"

Mark Twain popularized the saying in "Chapters from My Autobiography", published in the North American Review in 1906. "Figures often beguile me," he wrote, "particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"

I doubt Churchill would have used such a worn out over spoken and almost illiterate phrase. Twain dropped out of school at 13 and Churchill was educated at three independent schools: St. George's School, Ascot, Berkshire; Brunswick School in Hove, near Brighton (the school has since been renamed Stoke Brunswick School and relocated to Ashurst Wood in West Sussex); and at Harrow School from 17 April 1888.

political unrest

murder on the streets

muggings

noise from boom cars

floods

drugs

prostitution

unlicensed bars, cars, bikes, businesses

jet ski scams

baht bus scams

scams in general

alcohol more expensive than UK

alcohol sales hours for children

noise

pollution

food poisoning

warnings

did i miss something

???????

Miss something? Yeah. You forgot to mention that most of the items on your list are identical or kindred to problems and issues faced by the entire civilized world- Not to mention that several of your particulars are nothing more than your own personal opinions and dislikes. The list is inflated also by redundancy. Then you throw in natural disasters? Really should be a law against them huh? For your list to have any meaning you would need to first cull it down drastically and then make absurd comparisons. For example you would most likely be safe saying that there are no jet ski scams in the Swiss Alps. Or hey, how about Antarctica? Now that is one destination with clean air and no street crime- Now you actually have a workable comparison venue for your list- Although the alcohol price on the cruise ship is likely to be more expensive than the UK.

political unrest

murder on the streets

muggings

noise from boom cars

floods

drugs

prostitution

jet ski scams

baht bus scams

scams in general

noise

pollution

food poisoning

warnings

did i miss something

???????

Miss something? Yeah. You forgot to mention that most of the items on your list are identical or kindred to problems and issues faced by the entire civilized world- Not to mention that several of your particulars are nothing more than your own personal opinions and dislikes. The list is inflated also by redundancy. Then you throw in natural disasters? Really should be a law against them huh? For your list to have any meaning you would need to first cull it down drastically and then make absurd comparisons. For example you would most likely be safe saying that there are no jet ski scams in the Swiss Alps. Or hey, how about Antarctica? Now that is one destination with clean air and no street crime- Now you actually have a workable comparison venue for your list- Although the alcohol price on the cruise ship is likely to be more expensive than the UK.

Travel-warning threat looms over tourism: TAT

political unrest

murder on the streets

muggings

noise from boom cars

floods

drugs

prostitution

jet ski scams

baht bus scams

scams in general

noise

pollution

food poisoning

warnings

did i miss something

???????

yeah!

contaminated rice bah.gif

less-than-friendly (non-compliant) ladyboys tongue.png

Have Thai rice contamination levels actually been determined by consuming nations to be a health hazard? From what I read it certainly is being imported in massive volumes.

Ladyboys? Trannies are a drag everywhere tongue.png

Right , so if countries issue highest warning it will only drop by 10%, in other words still just as much as last year if not more.

Good to see TAT is optimistic smile.png

Do most people pay attention to travel warnings?

I'm sure some Americans and other hysterical types might easily panic, but I would have thought that most people regard government travel warnings with a healthy dose of indifference.

It's a bit like the concern over the Baht 500 airport departure tax.

I'm trying to picture the sort of tourists who would think, "Oh, no. I'll have to pay $15 more for airport taxes if I go to Thailand. I guess I'll just stay home and clip the cat's nails instead," or " I was going to spend the holidays organizing my sock drawer, but I've heard that Thailand is scrapping its $15 airport tax so I'm going there instead."

Anyone whose holiday plans hinge on such things is not going to be a major loss or boost to the Thai economy.

Edited by Suradit69

political unrest

murder on the streets

muggings

noise from boom cars

floods

drugs

prostitution

jet ski scams

baht bus scams

scams in general

noise

pollution

food poisoning

warnings

did i miss something

???????

yeah!

contaminated rice bah.gif

less-than-friendly (non-compliant) ladyboys tongue.png

Have Thai rice contamination levels actually been determined by consuming nations to be a health hazard? From what I read it certainly is being imported in massive volumes.

Ladyboys? Trannies are a drag everywhere tongue.png

I didnt know Thailand imported rice

Nice bunch of numbers! Too bad businesses are currently experiencing up to 50% reduction in sales Oct and Nov 2013 compared to the same months last year (Oct and Nov 2012). So when you see numbers issued by a Thai Gov't. department you should know they are not accountable numbers.

If as a tourist you step out of Thailand into say Cambodia and reenter Thailand are you now two tourists and if you also step out to Laos and reenter are you now 3 tourists?

• Like 1

Nice bunch of numbers! Too bad businesses are currently experiencing up to 50% reduction in sales Oct and Nov 2013 compared to the same months last year (Oct and Nov 2012). So when you see numbers issued by a Thai Gov't. department you should know they are not accountable numbers.

If as a tourist you step out of Thailand into say Cambodia and reenter Thailand are you now two tourists and if you also step out to Laos and reenter are you now 3 tourists?

50% reduction in sales? Link please. You see, I think you are less reputable than the Thai government. Why you may ask. Because you are an anonymous internet poster. So unless you provide a link for your silly numbers 50% down nonsense they remain nonsense.