If Having A Child Would You Choose Uk Or Thailand?

I'm British, my wife is Thai. I'm just wondering if we were to have a child, what are the pros and cons of giving birth in each country in terms of visas and residency, given that we would like to move between each country, live in the UK for the immediate few years, then eventually move to Thailand.

Thanks.

My daughter was born in Thailand, and we got her a Thai and UK passport.

She hasn't got UK citizenship yet, but it is easy to get if needed.

I guess you could easily get Thai sitezenship if born in the UK.

As your wife is Thai, her child can acquire Thai citizenship regardless of place of Birth. If he/she was born outside Thailand, then he/she may apply for a Thai Birth certificate and passport from the Royal Thai Embassy.

Your child born in the UK will also automatically be a UK citizen because you are a UK citizen.

However, if your child is born outside the UK, then it's more complicated for your child and your grandchildren. Your child's claim to UK nationality would depend on how you had acquired your UK nationality. See Consular Birth Registration, Notes on British nationality for more details.

Incidentally, if your child was born in the United States, then he/she would also acquire US citizenship, according to the U.S. Constitution - Amendment 14.

As your wife is Thai, her child can acquire Thai citizenship regardless of place of Birth. If he/she was born outside Thailand, then he/she may apply for a Thai Birth certificate and passport from the Royal Thai Embassy.

Incidentally, if your child was born in the United States, then he/she would also acquire US citizenship, according to the U.S. Constitution - Amendment 14.

and what good would that be to anyone.... hehehe....

Sorry coudnt resist, my child has a UK passport and citizenship and we live in Thailand however i am thinking of going back to the UK for education reasons. Its expensive here in Bangkok, where it would be free in the UK.

[am thinking of going back to the UK for education reasons. Its expensive here in Bangkok, where it would be free in the UK.

You have have to choose where you live carefully, to get a quality education.....

Try looking at schools like Assumption College in Thailand.

My daughter was born in Thailand, and we got her a Thai and UK passport.

She hasn't got UK citizenship yet, but it is easy to get if needed.

I guess you could easily get Thai sitezenship if born in the UK.

Don't understand Neeranam, if your daughter has a British passport and I assume birth certificate then on the basis of what nationality were they issued? :o ?