Nissan Juke launch in Thailand

nok_dan2000

Makes me wonder what will happen to the prices of the old model ? Import and 1.5 engine, still asking around 1 million + baht for a 2011 model.

or a 2012 1.5 model for 1.89 million ?? http://www.one2car.com/NISSAN_JUKE/J12120312

They will be there forever unless they drop the prices big time.

I very surprised that somebody have paid what 2 mill? for a mini suv like that, must be Bangkok Thais, LOL.

Makes me wonder what will happen to the prices of the old model ? Import and 1.5 engine, still asking around 1 million + baht for a 2011 model.

or a 2012 1.5 model for 1.89 million ?? http://www.one2car.com/NISSAN_JUKE/J12120312

They had plenty of warning that official imports were going to start, should have liquidated them a long time ago.... I'd expect them to have to drop to around 700K to move them now.

Guess then the Eurosport, Trax and the Jazz SUV will all be around this price ? maybe if it comes the Toyota Rush, that will leave the Ertiga as the bargain of the new Mini SUV.

wonder if Mitsubishi will join in ?

Yep, all will fall in the 700-900K price range.

The Ertiga is an MPV, competing with Avanza, Exora and Freed - the Suzuki in this class is the 800K Baht SX4 - maybe it will start selling more as people get more people get interested in the segment? Pity it's getting a bit aged right when the segment looks to be hotting up.

AFAIK, Mitsu don't have anything coming soon in this space. Maybe something from them in 2015-6.

Guess then the Eurosport, Trax and the Jazz SUV will all be around this price ? maybe if it comes the Toyota Rush, that will leave the Ertiga as the bargain of the new Mini SUV.

wonder if Mitsubishi will join in ?

Yep, all will fall in the 700-900K price range.

The Ertiga is an MPV, competing with Avanza, Exora and Freed - the Suzuki in this class is the 800K Baht SX4 - maybe it will start selling more as people get more people get interested in the segment? Pity it's getting a bit aged right when the segment looks to be hotting up.

AFAIK, Mitsu don't have anything coming soon in this space. Maybe something from them in 2015-6.

The SX4 has been replaced 2013 with the 2014 S-Cross SUV, no idea when or if it will arrive here, comes as a 2WD and a 4x4 [ i-4 AWD which will replace the current Vitara ] in other markets.

I'm usually not enamoured with 2 door cars but this ones looks really nice.

Here it is in English.

http://www.nissan.co.th/en/Vehicles/Juke.aspx

It's love it or hate it, that's for sure. One note though, It actually has 5 doors tongue.png

Thanks for that matefacepalm.gif

I couldn't see any door handles for the back.

A 5 door hatch makes it even better IMO.

Nice but no go without the 1.6 DIG Turbo engine with CVT transmission.. 1.6E: THB 819,000 1.6V THB 858,00 and 1.6 DIG-T CVT: THB 1,050.000

Now are Nissan so stupid or am I so smart? tongue.png

Thanks for that matefacepalm.gif

I couldn't see any door handles for the back.

A 5 door hatch makes it even better IMO.

• Like 1

Went along to a launch day for the Juke up here in Chiang Rai.

Due to the promotional girls, my eyes wanted me to stay but as the

music being blasted out, was at ear-splitting levels, my ears wanted

me to go.

Anyway, it was all a bit chaotic, no brochures available but plenty

of Nissan keyringsrolleyes.gif

Salesman said they had sold 10 by 11 o'clock so they were pretty happy.

Couldn't drive it as there was only one on display. My first impressions

were that it looks pretty sporty. I really liked the interior, quite modern,

leather seats etc.

They had the usual 1 year free insurance, mats, tint and 1000 Baht for fuel.

After 15 minutes, my ears nearly started bleeding so it was time to go.

On the way home, saw that the Ford Ecosport will be on display at the local

Big C this Wednesday, so am looking forward to having a look.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Well, the new facelifted March now looks like a 15 year old Daewoo Lanos and the Juke looks like.....I am not even sure which derogatory term fits best! Turd on wheels? They threw out the baby and kept the afterbirth? Designed by a committee of blind people?

• Like 1

Suprised that BSJ finds it funny looking turd biggrin.png ,personal choise of course. Then I find the Ford Focus the worst looker in its class , and the Fiesta cool looking.coffee1.gif

Yeah, that's true, One man's turd is another man's gold nugget. At the motorshow on Saturday, I can tell you there were massive crowds around this Nissan turd, and lots of people were taking pics behind the wheel stylin. biggrin.png As for the new Focus, it is cool, looks like the poor man's Aston Martin!

Suprised that BSJ finds it funny looking turd biggrin.png ,personal choise of course. Then I find the Ford Focus the worst looker in its class , and the Fiesta cool looking.coffee1.gif

Yeah, that's true, One man's turd is another man's gold nugget. At the motorshow on Saturday, I can tell you there were massive crowds around this Nissan turd, and lots of people were taking pics behind the wheel stylin. biggrin.png As for the new Focus, it is cool, looks like the poor man's Aston Martin!

No ones that Poor ,the Focus out Turds them all, to me the Almeira looks better at haif the price.. Recon this Nissan will sell here , thumbsup.gif

My wife ordered one on launch day. The sales guy said sales were very good and will be available in early Feb. The car is ok but I won't be driving it.

It's popular now due to Thai people looking at the old grey market price of 1.8mb and now it's 800k.

The sales guy said at least 50% of people came to purchased based on that.

My wife ordered one on launch day. The sales guy said sales were very good and will be available in early Feb. The car is ok but I won't be driving it.

It's popular now due to Thai people looking at the old grey market price of 1.8mb and now it's 800k.

...that's a 'common sense' approach...giggle.gif

...that's a 'common sense' approach...Posted Image

I giggled inside when I heard that.

Thais feel if it was 1.8 before and people were buying it, it's a super bargain at 858k. Like they are saving a million baht.

Interior is quite good but the outside is an acquired taste.

...that's a 'common sense' approach...giggle.gif

I giggled inside when I heard that.

Thais feel if it was 1.8 before and people were buying it, it's a super bargain at 858k. Like they are saving a million baht.

Interior is quite good but the outside is an acquired taste.

Ello Ello.biggrin.png .

I think Nissan need to stop employing Stevie Wonder to design their cars. Not one of their current Thai range would make it anywhere near my driveway. I'd be embarrassed to own one.

I'll stick with Ford as they still make the best driving and looking cars available to us. Shame their aftersales is so, well, Thai.

Lucky to get a Ford in Thailand to reach you doorway.

You wouldn't know Poop,you don't deserve one...tongue.png

That can be taken two ways. I guess you mean "he doesn't deserve the punishment of Ford ownership"? :P

• Like 1