Thaivisa to launch new online shopping portal

george

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paying for goods is a big problem as most of us expats do not have a credit card and cannot get one so online shopping is a major problem

You can obtain and fund low-cost pre-paid online credit cards from any number of services. They can be loaded (and reloaded) a number of ways (from someone else's credit card, bank transfer, wire transfer, etc.). Entropay is one service that I've used, but there are plenty of others out there, too.

Having said that, I think it would be convenient if the shopping portal allowed payment through direct bank transfer between Thai banks.

You all bloody mad. Most of the insipit things you yearn for is readibly available in THAILAND . you want an xxl t-shirt? Stop gutsing and lose weight! Educational toys and games? AVAILABLE! T-shirts Polo Shirts? ™Everywhere! SEX toys? You obviously don't get out much . Home beer kits? Move back to England/Gefmany. You are so set in your ways that you

Sent from my M3 Enjoy TV Box using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How about some boy sized T/shirts for the loud mouth poster, quoted above, saying "I'm the biggest <deleted> on ThaiVisa"

• Like 1

There's no way I'm buying stuff online in Thailand from a variety of random small suppliers, operating out of their home, with no track record, likely no customer service and no chance of returning a faulty product.

I would just use a single, large, established online shop instead.

Could this work as an Amazon-style option for Thailand? I am thinking along the lines of already existing businesses like Bunters, Wishbeer, InvadeIT, etc. This would allow us to order from multiple sources, pay once and receive delivery once. It might also open up an outlet like Bunters to smaller orders in more remote locations.

Maybe with a 600 million baht loan.

Excellent idea.

I often order computer parts from amazon / ebay UK, it would be great to order in the Kingdom so as to avoid postal charges and delays.

Also, a good range of Western food items available by mail would be great.

why the <deleted> are you ordering that stuff from the UK when it is made in Thailand. Crikey.

Could this work as an Amazon-style option for Thailand?  I am thinking along the lines of already existing businesses like Bunters, Wishbeer, InvadeIT, etc.  This would allow us to order from multiple sources, pay once and receive delivery once.  It might also open up an outlet like Bunters to smaller orders in more remote locations.

Maybe with a 600 million baht loan.

Not really. Amazon started small. A portal doesn't require warehousing or SAP, just diligent supplier selection and an experienced solutions builder. £12 million loan? george has a ready client base too so I think you could slash that dramatically.

Sent from my phone, hence brevity and gypos

• Like 1

Hi all,

We are adding products as we speak, and if all goes well we can have the first product launches at end of next week 1st week in December).

Still a few things are missing, but our webteam is working hard on this new on-line shopping mall.

We wouldn't be able to provide a huge product line in the very beginning, but we will add more as we go. We hope to a decent amount of products for delivery before Christmas and New Year.

Thanks for all suggestions so far, and keep 'em coming.

Watch this space!

Cheers wai.gif

• Like 1

For the poster wanting a masher for his potatoes ,

Good news my friend . MAKRO , bought one just last week after looking for a very very long time. Decent stainless steel not the sort that would collapse when you use it. 250thb or so . The fork days are numbered ;)

Masa Harina, to make corn tortillas and tamales at home, Thai sardines in oil. chili, or brine (anything but tomato sauce) American style and size underwear, canned corned beef, canned hominy would be some things I would buy!

Canned corned beef? surely there is something you desire more than that? thumbsup.gif

My list is the items (I, ME, Myself) would buy if they where available, if you do not like them don't buy them.

Surely you must have more to do, then to critic my shopping list! Get a life!

Cheers

Really everything you guys ask for is for sale here in BKK. If you pay me i can send it to you there in the outback.

Or shall i organise group tours for farang that don't know the way in BKK? Then we go shopping in groups and might get groupdiscount.

What about potato's that are good for frying? You don't have that right? Or good beef-steaks (not the local chewing-gum) or cod-fillet without bones/skin and fresh. Fresh green-pea's, sheppards pie, roastbeef, good wholeweat bread that does dry out when old, imported cigarettes (taste much better then thai marlborough) , saucage rolls, good old cheese, smoked saucage....need more tips?

PM me if you wanna know where to buy it in BKK.

I do not think it's a good idea to concentrate on what people want, only because what people want is NOT what they will necessary buy.

I would suggest concentrating on products which you can source at great prices and on sell for bargain prices as well.

Clothing is a hard item to sell as pics and sizes are problematic .

Food is highly perishable .

Gadgets , phones , electronics , toys, pet accessories, watches, vitamins, in my opinion is the way to launch

• Like 1

Really everything you guys ask for is for sale here in BKK. If you pay me i can send it to you there in the outback.

Or shall i organise group tours for farang that don't know the way in BKK? Then we go shopping in groups and might get groupdiscount.

What about potato's that are good for frying? You don't have that right? Or good beef-steaks (not the local chewing-gum) or cod-fillet without bones/skin and fresh. Fresh green-pea's, sheppards pie, roastbeef, good wholeweat bread that does dry out when old, imported cigarettes (taste much better then thai marlborough) , saucage rolls, good old cheese, smoked saucage....need more tips?

I would greatly appreciate if you advised me where I could by any brand of "Masa Harina" in the LOS, not corn flour, corn meal, but nitamalized Masa Harina for corn tortillas or Tamales, as sold in every country of the America's including the U.S.!

Cheers

This post aimed at George .

I would imagine that between members , guests and friends on TV there are alot of people that actually own / manufacture or indeed could supply you with various wide rangeing items

Could you lay the terms and conditions for everyone ?

Thx

I would greatly appreciate if you advised me where I could by any brand of "Masa Harina" in the LOS, not corn flour, corn meal, but nitamalized Masa Harina for corn tortillas or Tamales, as sold in every country of the America's including the U.S.!

Cheers

Allright mate, i will keep an eye open for that. I have been looking for corn tortillas as well but can't find them anymore, in the past it they were in Villa market.

I guess the Tops in Central Chidlom will have that, problem is that i don't live close to it and parking at Mo-chit is a disaster. Gourmet market in Paragon might have it or maybe even Foodland. It's a shame but in the biggest supermarket of BKK (gourmet market siam paragon) nobody speaks english, not even hello sir but don't worry i will find it and buy for myself as well. Never new this is the flower to make corn tortilla's.

Cheers

Allright mate, i will keep an eye open for that. I have been looking for corn tortillas as well but can't find them anymore, in the past it they were in Villa market.

I guess the Tops in Central Chidlom will have that, problem is that i don't live close to it and parking at Mo-chit is a disaster. Gourmet market in Paragon might have it or maybe even Foodland. It's a shame but in the biggest supermarket of BKK (gourmet market siam paragon) nobody speaks english, not even hello sir but don't worry i will find it and buy for myself as well. Never new this is the flower to make corn tortilla's. Also Verasu sells flower and breadmixes if i recall well, they also have a website by the way.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/for-c0rn-tortillas-i-would-do-anything-t26242.html here they say Villa market has it, i will check that soon.

In my 13 years in Thailand I purchased corn tortillas from Food land and Villas in Pattaya. I have also purchased them at Food land and Villas in Bangkok also at Rimpings in Chang Mai and Makro in Nakhon Sawan. Never ran into Masa Harina sold anywhere in Thailand

There are two Mexican Corn processing plants one in China and the other is in Malaysia, that sooner or later will start marketing corn tortillas and packaged masa harina under the Maseca and Mission brand names. These plants have been operational for a number of years now, but has yet to offer its products on a large scale to the Asians markets.

All one can do is hope!

Cheers:

Edited by kikoman

What I call "adult toys"

No, not sex aids!!!!

Remote control airplanes, helicopters boats and the like.

I have purchased a couple in Thailand only to find they are defective and was refused service or return at the shops I bought them from.

Will there be a good return policy?

I am not Thai and will expect good merchandise or a replacement or refund if defective merchandise is sold.