Thaivisa to launch new online shopping portal

george

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paying for goods is a big problem as most of us expats do not have a credit card and cannot get one so online shopping is a major problem

You don't need a credit card.

Most Thai banks have debit cards that can be used for online shopping.

Expats don't keep bank accounts or credit cards from their home countries ??????

Seems crazy to me!

Paying for goods is a big problem as most of us expats do not have a credit card and cannot get one so online shopping is a major problem

Most Thai websites you can make bank deposit and send the slip on Lazada.com you can pay on delivery. TV should be able to allow bank deposits.

Yes, we will offer bank deposits, 7/11, Tesco-Lotus, Internet banking, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, debit cards and hopefully COD (pay to postman at delivery).

What product lines/categories/products do you guys wish? We need your feedback to get this right.

Cheers

George the electronic online shopping segment is very crowded unless you have access to the newest gadgets before the other shops. I think food, wine, beer (imported) and selected kitchen/homeware. In the food line I personally cant get hold of fig preserve (not jam) and sweets like smarties, jelly tots and lunch bars (the heat will be a problem). I think another area to look into is the savory snack area doritos etc.

Also thinking about swimming pool equipment, one can buy either very expensive automatic pool cleaners or cheap crappy ones, nothing in the middle. Cast iron stuff is also difficult to get and expensive.

Often you can make better soup home made than store bought stuff.

But, it would be nice to be able to get some of the Cambell's and Heinz soups available in Australia, the US and Europe.

Check out the Australia Chunky Soup range from Campbell's:

Can you get these?

post-100328-0-90039700-1385542608_thumb.

Food and drink never fails with a ready made expat customer base,would you be looking at buying from local providers and acting as the middle man? Or making and sourcing your own products.

There are many small cottage industries around that could use you and vice verse.

hard to get decent cookware here, roasting dish that isnt stainless steel, pots/pans that have a heavy base and not thin, basically all cooking gear. Various IT bits and pieces, software that isnt a copy, good batteries, decent herbs and spices(now have to get them posted from Australia), extra large clothes(boxers, jocks, T/polo shirts, thais are small and so are all their sizes, extra large here is closer to an aussie medium), bloody flat sheets, on hot nights duvets are too heavy and the mozzies are too bitey to not have something covering you up,pre wash stain remover(spray on like vanish/preen for clothes), disinfectant(can only get dettol here). George there is shitloads of gear that is needed here that is simply unavailable.

All you mentioned is freely available.

You have been here long enough.

Open your eyes.

Maybe a trip to The big smoke (Bkk) is in order.

Confused by this topic tbh. So ThaiVisa decided to launch an online shop and it's ready to go before the festive season (so presumably will be up and running within the next week or so) YET you have not yer worked out what you will stock or attempt to sell?

So we tell you now what we'd like to buy and then you'll quickly go out and buy the stick and add it in time for Xmas?

Doesn't seem likely and very curious as to how you'll get competitive prices so that it would make it worth buying from you over a major retailer?

Also what sort of stuff are we talking about? Can it literally be anything from food to gadgets?

You've done this all a bit backwards guys this research should have been done first to make sure there was a demand for a shop and to see what people wanted.

Oh and just because people SAY they will buy does not mean they will. You better run a few more conclusive tests first,

Sounds good George.................thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

When are you planning to do some new TV T-shirts/polo shirts? There was a thread running not too long ago reference designs, and although it was tongue-in-cheek, there were some great ideas there.

As for categories, you might want to think about IT gadgets (PC & Mobile) that are hard to get outside Bkk for all us under privileged living Up-Country.

For custom tees check out http://www.teespring.com/ you can create and sell custom tees without any costs upfront and they will ship directly to your buyers and pass you on the profits. Whether they ship to Thailand I don't know.

sex toys?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Take a walk down Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok between Nana and Asoke. They've got all the sex toys you'll ever need.

But, it would be nice to be able to get some of the Cambell's and Heinz soups available in Australia, the US and Europe.

Villa Market and Tops.

You all bloody mad. Most of the insipit things you yearn for is readibly available in THAILAND . you want an xxl t-shirt? Stop gutsing and lose weight! Educational toys and games? AVAILABLE! T-shirts Polo Shirts? ™Everywhere! SEX toys? You obviously don't get out much . Home beer kits? Move back to England/Gefmany. You are so set in your ways that you

Sent from my M3 Enjoy TV Box using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Could this work as an Amazon-style option for Thailand? I am thinking along the lines of already existing businesses like Bunters, Wishbeer, InvadeIT, etc. This would allow us to order from multiple sources, pay once and receive delivery once. It might also open up an outlet like Bunters to smaller orders in more remote locations.

Thai visa home brew beer kits.

Beer kits that taste just like the beer back home.drunk.gif

Nothing wrong with home brew kits but you need 23°C ambient temperature for the initial brewing and if you have the time stocking it in a cool place foe a month or so is also desirable.

Obviously most of us yearn after food from back home, but anything that can't be stored without cooling is going to cause problems.

I spent three hours in Bankok trying to find a hait brush (not one of these horrible plastic things you use on horses back home). I imagine you can find everything in Bangkok but it usually sweaty trailing around shops being faced with galzed eyes shop assistants that are gathering breath to say 'Mai mi'. I always try to say it at the same time.

My ex wife recently sent me: a cheap coffee grinder (not the ฿3200.- Krupps thing you find here occasionally), a weather station, a couple of gardening tools, seeds, some Greyerzer cheese,

Villa Market and Tops.

They have a selection from 1965! Did you look at the attachment in my post?

You can get a debit card that can be used for online shopping.

I got one from Kasikorn Bank, and it can be used for online shopping both inside and outside of Thailand

• Like 1

Good service would be a number one requirement. That means: a proper return policy, warranty policy and not the Thai way "we got your money, now p*ss off".

Just like one of the better online shopping portals in the West. You mey need serious training of your Thai staff, though.