All the good Thai stories..

krisb

There's a street lady who sits under the expressway at the traffic light junction near Central Rama 9. Yesterday I was at the lights waiting to got down towards Asoke and she's puffing merrily away on a cigarette, drinking from a Foremost chocolate milk bottle and scoffing down some moo ping. I had to smile as I thought "Bloody hell she lives better than me!"

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

Thing is only the bad news makes the headlines.

I only visit Thailand. We visit a fair bit I suppose, but I never can recall anything bad except when we have to go home. It's all good, a great place!

• Like 2

Interesting to note how thin this thread is ...

I guess you didn't quite understand the OP, and the irony of your post. facepalm.gif

And in light of current events here in Thailand, it's not too surprising that a lot of posters might be following events in the news forum.

• Like 2

Life is good here in the Rai and I have no complaints or horror stories to tell. Thais and Thailand have been good to me over the years. I am often taken aback by the mess people make of their lives but I don’t care to follow suit. In my world it is all good but that doesn’t make for an exciting story.

VF...same-same for me in Ranong. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I must admit reading the relationship and family issues on here like " My wife won't talk to me for 3 days because I wouldn't bail her meth dealing brother out of jail", "What do you do when your FIL borrows your car, smashes it up blind drunk and expects you to pay for it and his hospital bill?" or " My Thai family call me the farang when I go to their house" as far as I'm concerned they might as well be talking about Martians.

• Like 2

I was in Korat at a nightclub and it happened to be my Birthday. I went outside to have a cigarette and started talking to some local guys. They were drinking Whiskey in one glass and water from another which I did not understand. They offered me the glass with the Whiskey and being Irish I downed it. I was though quick enough to see the looks and went to ask my friends inside if I had done something wrong. They explained that I should have taken a little of the whiskey and passed the glass on to the next guy. So I bought a bottle of JW red label took it out to them an apologized. About 40 minutes later they came to my table with a Birthday cake which was a real surprise. One of many nice things that have happened to me in Thailand.

The g/f's sister is insisting she goes to the salon to make herself beautiful for my arrival in December, so I am informed this morning on the phone. Now I am worried in case I am like the Op in another topic and destined to have 2 sisters on the go.

Relief though, the sister is married!!

2nd laugh of the day has to be the idea of someone using the 'pull out method' so as not to get some bird pregnant.

I smiled at the thought of 7 more Baht to the £.

A box of Quality Street (for the MiL) at only £5 in Tesco this afternoon.

Things are getting better and better. Fun all the way wink.png

Edited by crumpled