Self employed / providing payslips

Morning all, my partner and I will be submitting a Tourist Visa application in January, and have a question relating to proof of pay.

I am self employed, and use the services of an Umbrella company in order to get paid. I can provide 6+ months of payslips but they are not concurrent as I have visited and spent time with my partner on 3 occasions within the past year.

They are spread over the duration of 2013 which incidentally would fall into tax year 2012-2013 and 2013-2014.

My average take home pay can vary between 1k to 1.5k per week and have a readily/available 26k in my current account, not including savings.

Is this going to be a problem? What is the crucial factor the embassy are going to be looking at if there is a shortfall on payslips?

Regards

Guemlum

Thanks guys.

Guemlum

Just a thought. If you thinking of making an honest woman of her in the future then you might want to regularise your employment a little now so it wont be such a problem in the future and you do have to start showing continuous employment and £18600 per annum

They will want to see your bank statements & see if you manage your finances sensibly, you will have to demonstrate you can maintain & accommodate your partner on the UK.

If you have savings such as an ISA include this third party accommodation financial support is also allowed on visit visa applications (parents for example).

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Thanks for sharing your concerns Kevin. Whilst being self employed with some of my contracts being lengthy, I don't believe it should be a problem. I was once married to a Thai but unfortunately she passed away 5 years ago whilst residing on a spouse visa in the UK. Being self employed back then wasn't an issue and I don't believe it to be now. Thanks for the reminder on the salary requirements...I'm all good on that one :-)

• 4 months later...

I'm also self employed but have a limited company so I pay myself (transferring money from biz account to my current account) and I don't use payslips (I'm sole owner, director, and employee). I can provide other documents (P60, tax return, company incorporation certificate, VAT registration) if required. And I assume I have to show 6 months statements from both my business account and my current account. Is that right? This is for UK visit visa.