Chaeng Wattana Easy To Get To

One estimate said there were 20000 people at Chaengwattana. Even if thats grossly overstated, photos show only one lane open outside the Government complex earlier. Protesters are staying overnight Wenesday night / Thursday morning. Whether they stay longer won't be known until Thursday. The least you'll encounter will be gridlocked traffic.

I went through the Pak Kret area (other end of Chaengwattana) on the way home and traffic was unusually light (around 5pm). I wonder if many of the government workers went home early today. I think going next week would be a much better I idea.

It was virtually impossible to get there today, I spent a number of hours trying to get there for a visa stamp (applied for 2 weeks ago, collection date today), but left with nothing but an empty fuel tank from sitting in traffic jams. Unfortunately, I need the visa stamp (non-immigrant 'O') urgently, since I need to depart on Saturday, but it looks like I am screwed and will need to start the process all over again

It was virtually impossible to get there today, I spent a number of hours trying to get there for a visa stamp (applied for 2 weeks ago, collection date today), but left with nothing but an empty fuel tank from sitting in traffic jams. Unfortunately, I need the visa stamp (non-immigrant 'O') urgently, since I need to depart on Saturday, but it looks like I am screwed and will need to start the process all over again

I read protesters were planning to leave there tomorrow, so check with immigration tomorrow and see if you can get there tomorrow afternoon. Or try Friday. Good luck. I work close to there but don't have to pass that area. A fellow worker lives behind the government complex, so not sure how he went getting home.

• Like 1

Your post makes no sense.

What "non-immigrant 'O'" visa stamp were you hoping to obtain?

Your post makes no sense.

What "non-immigrant 'O'" visa stamp were you hoping to obtain?

It makes sense to me. He applied for non-o visa 2 weeks ago and had to return today to get the visa stamp entered into his passport. I did this a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

I need a year extension to my retirement visa. I am planning to get this next week at the One-stop Service Center for Visas in the Chanchuri Square Building at Phayathai and Rama 4 roads. Is there any problem, as of now, in getting there from Sukhumvit 77 via either taxi or the MRT subway?

What days will Immigration be closed for the King’s Birthday?

I need a year extension to my retirement visa. I am planning to get this next week at the One-stop Service Center for Visas in the Chanchuri Square Building at Phayathai and Rama 4 roads. Is there any problem, as of now, in getting there from Sukhumvit 77 via either taxi or the MRT subway?

What makes you believe a retirement extension is available from the One-Stop Service Center ?

What makes you believe a retirement extension is available from the One-Stop Service Center ?

The following: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/boi.html

If I am wrong, please let me know.

Perhaps you should consider taking BTS or MRT to Mochit and taking a taxi from there.

Don't forget you will you need a re-entry permit to keep your 90 day entry valid.

The following: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/boi.html

If I am wrong, please let me know.

You are wrong and link you posted tells you that.

It is quite clear that it is only for those that are working.

Also you will be getting an extension of stay not a visa extension. Visas cannot be extended.