I purchased a new condo in Bangkok through CBRE, and the construction is expected to be complete some time in June/July time frame.

For final inspection, does it make sense to have a professional who has better knowledge regarding building contructions to be with me? If so, any idea on what type of company I could hire for this purpose and what are the costs?

Similarly, for closing/transfer, is it necessary to have a lawyer or other professional person(s) with me? I've gone through closings in the States without any legal help and have had no problems.

Thanks for your input.

I purchased a new condo in Bangkok through CBRE, and the construction is expected to be complete some time in June/July time frame.

For final inspection, does it make sense to have a professional who has better knowledge regarding building contructions to be with me? If so, any idea on what type of company I could hire for this purpose and what are the costs?

Similarly, for closing/transfer, is it necessary to have a lawyer or other professional person(s) with me? I've gone through closings in the States without any legal help and have had no problems.

Thanks for your input.

Hi mate,

If you're purchasing directly from the developer, then no probs.

The salesperson will take you around and just highlight to them any snagging that needs doing.

Normally, they will sort everything out for you.

You don't need a lawyer at all mate. I've bought properties directly from developers without the need for them. They're only useful if you're buying a second hand condo. Here it looks like you're getting something directly from the developer.

Cheers!

:o