Agoda hotel website has a major problem checking hotel prices.

ultimate weapon

It's honestly extremely screwed up and i don't know why hasn't anyone fixed it and i actually cannot believe that i have been going thru this hassle for so long since i have like booked around 15 hotels using agoda throughout a period of 2-3 years.

I am going to show how screwed up it truly is.

When you log into agoda's website and then you search the hotels and find one that you like and click on it i am sure they need to to log in again and they call it agoda rewards and not only that you have to log in every single dam_n time to find the final price of the hotels so let me show you.

so here is the login page for agoda. You just sign in.

18707341ff34bb000e8982399073cd7fb65b7e3a

ok you search for hotels. You can see that i am already signed in i blanked out my account name.

18707340576abdbfe87de23d1318268c663c587a

Here are 2 hotels and remember i am already signed in.

hotel 1

18707339793460cfd235a3af579f71e9aa91a01e

hotel 2

18707338444e55c8a622f6159dfc7c6e39cce865

rooms for both hotels are select and after that lo and behold you have to sign in a second time and 3rd time for both hotels!!!!

18707337d48f98e5dcee1e1c46397251d8bf46a9

187073368e200b6fefef5b561c8073b808eb9aa4

That is right you need to sign in every single dam_n time you check out a new hotel and want to find out the final price and what is worse they leave out one detail. The passport of your country you need to manually select that everytime

Oh and if you don't want to sign in you need to fill in all details name etc manually everytime.

See the parts i have circled and they add the price of the rooms for all the nights you are staying without adding in the service charges so you need to click continue to see the final price and that is for every single room of every hotel you are trying to look at. It's a very very big hassle and never been rectified.

187073353bae916a5ce534cfb0244e4181d41788

Edited by ultimate weapon

They have live support, have you tried discussing it with them? I should also say I have never seen this problem, so do you have anything that might be screwing up cookies? Have you tried a different browser?

Edited by Chicog

They have live support, have you tried discussing it with them? I should also say I have never seen this problem, so do you have anything that might be screwing up cookies? Have you tried a different browser?

You don't have it? You sure?

I always had it and i have upgraded my windows so it should count as a new pc and so on and it's always there.

I like Agoda mostly, but do have a problem with them publishing rates that don't include service fees and result in a higher rate at purchase. I always compare prices when booking hotels and airfare - and Agoda is usually the same or better price - but it does leave a "bait and switch" feel when the final charges are 10-20% higher than the initial quote.

• Like 1

Yes, you are right about the problem. But the bottom line for me is that Agoda has the best selection of hotels to choose from and their prices are 'usually' the best. In addtion, their customer service is very good and responsive.

I always use Agoda. I plan to go to Seoul soon so compared the hotel I want to stay at across a few sites, and Agoda was cheaper. They also do a price match guarantee that I've actually used and got money back. Had great customer service once when a hotel didn't have a room I booked.

Yes, I also get that log in thing. A little annoying, but I assumed it was to prevent fraud. i.e. make you log in again just before actually paying.

I always use Agoda. I plan to go to Seoul soon so compared the hotel I want to stay at across a few sites, and Agoda was cheaper. They also do a price match guarantee that I've actually used and got money back. Had great customer service once when a hotel didn't have a room I booked.

Yes, I also get that log in thing. A little annoying, but I assumed it was to prevent fraud. i.e. make you log in again just before actually paying.

AH i see the fraud thing. I did e-mail them and ask them about it but so far no reply from them why they do that. It's kind of stupid actually cos think about this. I don't think they save your credit card details at all so you will need to manually enter them by making payment and you need to log into paypal when you make payment via pp so either way it's not very likely one can make payment fraud and what's up witholding the final freaking price and requiriing all your details like name etc before you can even see the price. It's really stupid and other sites don't have it. It's like some sort of stunt like some little prank they are playing and doing on purpose.

• Like 1

All in prices, no need to login to see final price, best price Guarantee on rates advertised elsewhere.

300x250_thailand_hotel.jpg

how do u get that feature?

That's Booking.com, not Agoda. With Booking.com many of the rates are flexible and you can cancel if your plans change without penalty and with most of the rates you pay at the hotel

• Like 2

What am I missing here? Those Agoda rates are not cheap and whenever I look at booking.com , I can find the same hotel cheaper at the hotel"s own website. Does the loyalty program make a difference?

Booking.com is all inclusive rates, Agoda and most hotels own sites are ++, pricing also varies with dates and availability with booking sites, hotels just say that level of room is not available if its busy and try to bump you to a more expensive room, hotel sites usually do not show what is available, where booking sites the rooms shown are what is available for that day/s selected.

I always had it and i have upgraded my windows so it should count as a new pc and so on and it's always there.

I don't have this problem either. I can see the prices, and I'm not even signed in.

Their problem IMO is that they show the prices before tax (in Thailand for example it's before 10% service tax + 7% VAT, so you need to add 17.7% to the prices you see)

When travelling I do the following:

- check Agoda and/or Wotif for hotels that I reckon I might like, pick some in the same area, ones that have plenty of vacancies

- Once at destination, get taxi to the first hotel of choice, go to receiption and ask for "off the street" rate.

- Get price from reception and ask for best rate.

- If they won't beat the Agoda, or the Wotif rate, go outside get on the internet and book through Agoda, or Wotif.

- I do this because nine times out of ten they will beat the rate of the internet and give you a good room because you are dealing with them direct.

Cheers,

I don't have this problem either. I can see the prices, and I'm not even signed in.

Their problem IMO is that they show the prices before tax (in Thailand for example it's before 10% service tax + 7% VAT, so you need to add 17.7% to the prices you see)

OMG yes of course they show all prices including the percentage of taxes etc that isn't added in yet but i could prefer not to use a calculator thank you very much.

Imagine that using a calculator on hand to add in the final prices ROFL and that includes the pc calculator. I would rather sign in everytime.

Yes, you are right about the problem. But the bottom line for me is that Agoda has the best selection of hotels to choose from and their prices are 'usually' the best. In addtion, their customer service is very good and responsive.

I have 3 bookings this trip with Agoda and only received one hotel voucher after twice hitting resend and 2 emails; the other two bookings never generated a voucher despite 6 more emails and 4 resends. I complained and asked to escalate it several times but never got a reply other than one telling me I was already booked into the hotel (I new this as I had emailed them from that hotel!) so what was the problem.

Some customer service!

I remember when they were a single concern and one call to BKK sorted everything out in a couple of hours.

siad it once, will say it again.

BOTH agoda and Booking.com are run by Priceline.

Correct, and hotels that are listed on these web-sites are contractually required to provide rate parity ==> the room rate must be the same on all on-line agent web-sites. Agoda prices look cheaper because they exclude taxes/service charge etc, but the final price that is displayed just before you pay should be the same price as is displayed on Booking.com. wotif.com etc etc.

Hotels that do not offer rate parity are at risk of being delisted by the on-line web-site.

Simon

I have used Agoda numerous times never had any problems but if possible I always try to check the Hotel websites for their prices first as on many occasions I have noticed quite a variance from What Agoda is quoting as the hotels price and what Agoda are charging as their "Discount rate" one example I can think of was for a hotel in Bali which Agoda was claiming a price of somewhere in the region of $200 a night for a deluxe room with their price being $150 a night as a flash deal price but the hotels website was returning a price of only $50 per night for the period I was looking for ,so my advise is to do a little research before jumping into booking with Agoda !