Comet Ison set to graze the Sun - When and where?

Beetlejuice

On several nights I have been trying to see the Comet Ison, but without success.

The story is:
Astronomers anxiously wait to see if Comet Ison can survive its encounter with the Sun and brighten into a spectacular feature on the sky.

Is there anyone with astronomical knowledge on here, who can tell us when is the best times to look and where a bouts in the Thai night sky?

Details:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25129711

post-110219-0-90394300-1385663188_thumb.

For a week or so it was visible each morning just before the sun rose.

Not easy to see however, it needed a pair of binoculars and knowing exactly where to look.

The latest news is that it broke up while behind the sun and didn't re-appear.

Apparently not even dust made it out the other side.

...I would check other sources if I was you...

...NASA has been hiding something from the onset....up to shutting down...or providing poor photos or misinformation...

...the clip cuts off with no proof of disintegration...

Oh Dear, "The End Is Neigh" Repent you Sinners, those Evil People @ NASA are about to Destroy The World!

...NASA has been hiding something from the onset....up to shutting down...or providing poor photos or misinformation...

Psst... wanna buy a comet? Good nick... for the mileage.

RE: Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON)

I have been watching this with a keen interest. I checked the SOHO images from NASA and it shows clearly the comet decreased in brightness as it made its turn around the Sun, but there is still some of it still continuing its journey. You can see the updated images here: http://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/comet-ison

"Here is the latest fully processed image of SOHO/LASCO C2. We can clearly see that only a very faint streak remains of what used to be comet ISON. There is nothing left of the bright comet that had this gorgeous long tail that we saw before perihelion."

It's really too soon to say if the Comet has completely broken up based on the images.

RE: Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON)

I have been watching this with a keen interest. I checked the SOHO images from NASA and it shows clearly the comet decreased in brightness as it made its turn around the Sun, but there is still some of it still continuing its journey. You can see the updated images here: http://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/comet-ison

"Here is the latest fully processed image of SOHO/LASCO C2. We can clearly see that only a very faint streak remains of what used to be comet ISON. There is nothing left of the bright comet that had this gorgeous long tail that we saw before perihelion."

It's really too soon to say if the Comet has completely broken up based on the images.

This seems to be the case.

Even if some of the comet has survived I don`t think it will visible in the night sky with the naked eye or with binoculars.

Shhh...don't tell anyone but they never landed on the Moon.

• Like 1

There is no moon. It was sold, just like the comet. the NASA chaps stole it in 1970 or so, and replaced it with a big dinner plate.

• Like 1

There is no moon. It was sold, just like the comet. the NASA chaps stole it in 1970 or so, and replaced it with a big dinner plate.

Or watch the film Oblivion with Tom Cruise.

Aliens destroyed the moon and the Earth was trashed in the fight to beat the Aliens.

I don't mind giving this spoiler, it is an absolute pile of crap and not worth watching. LOL

There is no moon.  It was sold, just like the comet.  the NASA chaps stole it in 1970 or so, and replaced it with a big dinner plate.

Or watch the film Oblivion with Tom Cruise.

Aliens destroyed the moon and the Earth was trashed in the fight to beat the Aliens.

I don't mind giving this spoiler, it is an absolute pile of crap and not worth watching. LOL

I concur..."Oblivion" is easily the worst movie I watched on an airplane this year

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Media was pretty quick to condemn ISON, but the cool thing is that something made it. One good hypothesis is that it is in two pieces now surrounded by debris, which is pretty interesting. Whether it will be visible to the naked eye in a few weeks still remains a mystery, but this comet has been full of surprises. No worries to earth as the trajectories of anything are far removed from our path.

http://vimeo.com/80568171#