People and their Motorbikes in Thailand(images)

Dancealot

I see another image of mine has gone??? ^ I don't get it... why?! facepalm.gif

Carry your own specimen in case of urine test???whistling.gifsmile.png

I think the answer to your question is in the photo. Clearly, someone is taking the ........... tongue.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's much better with the tight crop, Ron! Is it my imagination, or is there a blue cast to this? (not being rude...I'm colour blind!!) I'm guessing that the rider has a white cardy and a white bike (or incredible luck in co-ordinating bike and wardrobe!) I messed with it a little in a freebie program I have, and reduced the cast a bit, but I'm sure others can do far better.

post-153732-0-92239600-1420092911_thumb. post-153732-0-67500300-1420092857_thumb.

Before After

Edited by Rob8891

Ron...on your pic #1601...

Good you cropped out the banners as suggested.

Rob...your colour correction oversaturated the

cropped pic. Then again maybe it's the diference

between our monitors?!

Ron...The whites in the pic are just too hot and yes

there was a blue cast to the whites. Try a better

white balance next time...perhaps on a white car

in the same light or even in diffused shade. Or...

set your camera to auto white balance and go from

there.

Then again...there's always this...but it's kinda still

too hot...no detail in the whites, not the fine detail,

the rough detail. Try a better white balance to start.

post-146250-0-21373700-1420103345_thumb.

Sunshine

Yup, I agree, but I wasn't joking about the colourblindness...when I was a parttime firey, I failed every test on the charts when they upped us to using BA, but since I'd been in the brigade for 11 years by then and hadn't got myself burned to a crisp, they decided I'd be OK.... I fiddled around for quite a while with that pic....am just starting to learn a little about colour balancing.

I thought the saturation was a bit high, but when I reduced it, the blue seemed (to me) to seep through again. ....Apart from the defective eyes, I guess I had better try to get treatment for the tight grip on my wallet and move away from Faststone to some serious software, as per the advice given elsewhere.

Cheers!

^^ 100% serious....All those pretty little pastel patterns with the hidden numbers?.. Didn't see a single one of them tongue.png

I got hauled into the Div Commander's office. He asked me if I could see black...Of course, says I.

Grey? Yes!

Red? YES!

Then in that case, you're too damn close to the fire. Get the <deleted> out of there. Go back to your unit and keep doing whatever it was you were doing.

100% true story

As I was just telling Goompa, it only affects me when I start to tinker with colour balances - one reason why most of my posts (except very recently) have been as naked as my camera will allow when taking jpegs. The other reason is I like o keep the shots as near to life as possible.

EDIT TO ADD... If anyone is thinking about editing software, I have just started using Faststone Image Viewer. Not bad for a freebie, but obviously itisn't going to have all the bells and whistles the big boys have. Nevertheless, it's worth a look.....and great for batch resizing photos ...

Edited by Rob8891

Ron...on your pic #1601...

Good you cropped out the banners as suggested.

Rob...your colour correction oversaturated the

cropped pic. Then again maybe it's the diference

between our monitors?!

Ron...The whites in the pic are just too hot and yes

there was a blue cast to the whites. Try a better

white balance next time...perhaps on a white car

in the same light or even in diffused shade. Or...

set your camera to auto white balance and go from

there.

Then again...there's always this...but it's kinda still

too hot...no detail in the whites, not the fine detail,

the rough detail. Try a better white balance to start.

attachicon.gifpost-153732-0-67500300-1420092857.jpg

Thanks for the tip about white balance.Previously,I've been setting the white balance to the daytime

setting so after your advice I changed to the auto setting and noticed a change straight away.Many

of the images that I have on file are on the daytime setting so you may not notice much difference

for a while.