New 'Amazing Thailand' campaign launched at World Travel Mart

webfact

New 'Amazing Thailand' campaign launched at World Travel Mart

LONDON, 29 Nov 2013 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched a new campaign 'Amazing Thailand: It begins with the People' at the 34th World Travel Market in London.

TAT Governor Surapon Savetseranee said at the world’s biggest tourism event that the campaign emphasizes the good characteristics of the Thai people, including their hospitalities and lifestyles, as the selling point to attract visitors.

Thai travel agents participating in the London World Travel Market have been suggested to readjust their advertising strategies by focusing on stories related with good experience of foreign visitors with Thai locals as well as to differentiate tourist impressions in Thailand from other countries.

The TAT also plans to heavily promote premium tourist activities in Thailand such as golfing, relaxing spa service, honeymoon taking and adventure packages.

Another major activity presented at the World Travel Market was the 'Romantic Thailand' program targeted on married couples, honeymoon goers, and people celebrating their wedding anniversary.

According to the TAT, these groups of people have the highest disposable income, which is 2-3 times higher than general tourists.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-29 footer_n.gif

They said these groups have the highest disposable income ???? So - does that mean they are guaranteed to spend more, in many cases these are the stingy ones, that's how they get the tag. The less well off in my experience spends more on his holiday.

The higher end are graded by their ATM cards ??? these lower class tourists spend cash many without record of transactions, and they spread their monies around bars food outlets, beach, clubs, a bit of touring.

TAT has always got their heads in the clouds and only want POSH tourists---STUPID.

• Like 2

It begins with the people? Like the ones opposing each other with increasing numbers each week in the run-up to the biggest tourist period of the year for this country? The ones that have, in the past, taken huge swathes of the popular tourist areas and used them to take pot-shots at each other? The people that have hi-jacked the airport, burnt down a mall frequented by tourists and continually laid siege to a popular through route for foreign tourists (i.e. Ratchdamneon Klang)?

For the record I decided long ago that I didn't have to fall on either the Red or Yellow side as I have no rights in Thailand so in this post I refer to "the people" as an entity and view them how a incoming foreign tourist would (i.e. with no particular care about their issues, just wanting the holiday that they have saved LONG AND HARD for).

It would seem that TAT have their heads firmly wedged up their bums right now.

It probably fits. My two couples I know who live in London had their honeymoons on some islands here and loved it, loved the weather, the service, the people.

And I know some folk who are on holiday now- Koh Phangan and then Hua Hin- and they're liking it so much they're planning to come back next year. In fact generally I've found when you speak to people on holiday here, the people tend to be one of the things they mention as being a positive of a country. But then they're not bitter ex-pats, dribbling over their keyboards, typing the same nonsense every day. smile.png

OOOps ive dribbled, replying to your not nonsense post, without being bitter.

The resorts you mentioned are lovely for anyone holidaying here, hardly a problem especially if they are hotel, beach with the odd tour and back to the airport. Fantastic.

The other picture is not quite the same, sorry for all the tourist that just book because of the names they know--BKK, Pattaya, to name many more. These tourists are more exposed to the darker side, but with a lot of common sense will avoid most.

Based in BKK you have a sound place to book internal/neighbouring countries. If you want a eye boggling holiday you go to Pattaya, but never go their for their sparkling sea and white sand.

To my mind Road and Rail travel should be avoided.

Your friends were wise to holiday there, and your other talk to friends are not surely speaking about Pattaya, UNLESS they know it and aware. YES Thailand can be a great place. Coming from me, other posters will not believe these words as I am thought of being a Basher. your words about ex pats is no good, referring to TVF posters, some of us enjoy. keep smiling. ginjag.

• Like 2

@ginjag

Sure, I agree although I guess the ad campaign is aimed at the sort of people who would go to Pattaya- generalisation, but you know what I mean. It's the resort, sand, sparkling sea crowd. Bangkok maybe- but even here tourist life seems to go on as normal without too much disruption.

@ginjag

Sure, I agree although I guess the ad campaign is aimed at the sort of people who would go to Pattaya- generalisation, but you know what I mean. It's the resort, sand, sparkling sea crowd. Bangkok maybe- but even here tourist life seems to go on as normal without too much disruption.

If the ad is aimed at tourist Hi So, upper bracket, then the golf fits, the beach--Then Hua Hin

Aiming at the boisterous Resort for action and LIFE, ok, but again NOT for it's clear water/ white sandy beaches.

The problem with TAT is they think they can clean up Thailand with this up-market image, they have it here so many places, BUT they will never stop the back pack-seedy side-here was built on it, TAT are trying to forget what a fine place it is for all types.

Agree some of the expats here are a disgrace, and at times I am shy to be near them. The way they dress in nice places/and speak OH!

but it takes all sorts, and Spain etc have had this for yonks.

Eh?

Amazing Thailand. Yes. Its amazing alright but not for the same reasons TAT thinks. But then again. The majority of visitors to this "amazing" country never pick up on the less delightful aspects of holiday resort shenanigans.

Good grief, don't TAT watch TV or read the newspapers these days ? Correct me if I'm wrong the last thing they should be doing is promoting Thailand as the main attraction atm. I hope they ask tourists who dare to come here to be equipped with appropriate essentials like a sterdy helmet, DIY instructions on how to build your own bunker. Failing that easy lessons on how to recognise the word 'DUCK' in Thai, should a stray missile happen to run off course. I suppose you will always get the intrepid tourist who's been already seasoned by visiting such wonderful places like Beruit or even Yemen. Yes, come to Thailand, really experience the surreal flavour of worn-torn hospitality. "It will be a holiday of a lifetime (if you survive the experience) that you won't ever forget !" TRULY AMAZING !!!

Edited by useronthenet

Good grief, don't TAT watch TV or read the newspapers these days ? Correct me if I'm wrong the last thing they should be doing is promoting Thailand as the main attraction atm. I hope they ask tourists who dare to come here to be equipped with appropriate essentials like a sterdy helmet, DIY instructions on how to build your own bunker. Failing that easy lessons on how to recognise the word 'DUCK' in Thai, should a stray missile happen to run off course. I suppose you will always get the intrepid tourist who's been already seasoned by visiting such wonderful places like Beruit or even Yemen. Yes, come to Thailand, really experience the surreal flavour of worn-torn hospitality. "It will be a holiday of a lifetime (if you survive the experience) that you won't ever forget !" TRULY AMAZING !!!

I think 99.9% of tourists never see any of the negatives that most of the posters on TV see. It is all relative. A family taking a Tuk Tuk ride may pay 300 baht for a 50 baht ride...so what?

Stop shredding you nighties ladies.

These people aren't on the same budget as the long term expats...and why should they care? You were here first? So What? The world doesn't revolve around you. Get used to it or move somewhere more suited to your budget.

Just don't come to Issan...we are happy the way we are thank you. biggrin.png

Tourism is here to stay and will be for a long time to come. Many people suggest Myanmar or Cambodia or Viet Nam as alternatives ..maybe so, but a lot of families rely on word of mouth recommendation and the aforementioned just aren't there right now.

For the single , adventurous or cheap mongers sure, but Thailand will remain the staple for quite a while yet..