Where In Bang Kapi Is The Abandoned Plane

davejones

Apparently there's an abandoned plane in Bang Kapi that used to be used as a restaurant/bar. I want to go take a look soon, but don't know exact location. Does anyone know where it's located. Also nearest BTS/MRT. I'll take a taxi from there. I also heard that it might be cut up and taken away soon, so maybe it already has been. Anyone know?

Yes, I live near there. It used to be a beer garden that was kind of cool, but now it is closed again.

It's apparently an old 747 from the Thai Royal Air Force. You can find it on Rahmkhamhaeng Road.

If heading away from Sukhumvit (northeast), it is a few kilometers down the road on the left side. There are no wings... Only fuselage.

I too fascinated by this.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for that. So just get a taxi for Ekkamai and ask him to head for Rahmkhamhaeng Road and keep going until we see it? Is it clearly visible from the road. I need to get out more. How have I lived here for so long and not known about this?

Yes, I live near there. It used to be a beer garden that was kind of cool, but now it is closed again.

It's apparently an old 747 from the Thai Royal Air Force. You can find it on Rahmkhamhaeng Road.

If heading away from Sukhumvit (northeast), it is a few kilometers down the road on the left side. There are no wings... Only fuselage.

Good luck.

Rahmkhamhaeng Road is very long. Any idea which Soi it's near?

Good luck.

Yeah it's located a little bit after the Lam Sali intersection (Ramkamhaeng and Sri Nakharin Road intersection) on the left-hand side heading towards Minburi/Eastern Outer Ring Road/Suwinthawong Road. Soi number is somewhere around 101, maybe a little before or a little afterwards. I never bothered to memorize the Soi number only that it is very easy to spot from Ramkamhaeng Road. Basically, at this point of Ramkamhaeng Road, the road widens from 2-3 lanes in each direction (generally 2) to 4 lanes in each direction all the way to the Suwinthawong Road intersection, which marks the end of Ramkamhaeng Road.

By the way, nearest BTS stop is Ekkamai.

Which is really not near Ram rd at all. A better bet metro wise would be to take the ARL Cityline to Ramkhamheang station. BKK metro map http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/02-route-current.aspx

The best option is to get to that area quickly by public transport is to take the Klong San Saeb ferry service, http://khlongsaensaep.com/lines-route-map.html . Not the operating hours if you plan to use it in the evening.

Good luck.

Yeah it's located a little bit after the Lam Sali intersection (Ramkamhaeng and Sri Nakharin Road intersection) on the left-hand side heading towards Minburi/Eastern Outer Ring Road/Suwinthawong Road. Soi number is somewhere around 101, maybe a little before or a little afterwards. I never bothered to memorize the Soi number only that it is very easy to spot from Ramkamhaeng Road. Basically, at this point of Ramkamhaeng Road, the road widens from 2-3 lanes in each direction (generally 2) to 4 lanes in each direction all the way to the Suwinthawong Road intersection, which marks the end of Ramkamhaeng Road.

Tom gives probably the best description yet of its location.

Its located just after the bridge joins Ram.

If you are on Ram Rd just head for Min Buri, if you get to soi 115, you have gone way too far.

The plane can be seen clearly from the road.

Another option is to get the canal boat to Wat SriBunRueang, exit the temple for Ram Rd and get a bus, no more than about 5-10 minutes away.

There are two others I know of in Bkk, one on Lat Prao Rd, the other on Ram Intra rd.