how is all the latest round of BS in bangkok going to effect us?

stevehaigh

Its not going to effect Phuket at all unless one of the groups try to close the airport like as happened before

Close the airports is not to bad for some of us. In 2008 Phuket had a blessed tranquil Christmas time.

Some of my nature friends are waiting that this happens again.

• Like 1

thailand is like the stock market right now it's time to invest!

this remind me of the tsunami when land prices was heavily reduced and guess what happened 6 months later, prices up up again! as soon as the demonstrations is over the thai currency will sky high again and you will all sit here and complain again how little you get for your money..

I don't see prices dropping now in Phuket now.

this remind me of the tsunami when land prices was heavily reduced and guess what happened 6 months later, prices up up again! as soon as the demonstrations is over the thai currency will sky high again and you will all sit here and complain again how little you get for your money..

Sorry to Question you Falkan but what land did you see drop price ?

From my memory prices didnt budge a red cent

Edited by N47HAN

Sorry to Question you Falkan but what land did you see drop price ?

From my memory prices didnt budge a red cent

He does mention "land" - but I think he is referring to the SET (Stock Exchange Thailand) and/or the value of the Thai baht.

I just hear that occupancy rate on one hotel is now down to 60% compared to 90-95% during this time of the year due this Angry birds game in Bangkok.

I just hear that occupancy rate on one hotel is now down to 60% compared to 90-95% during this time of the year due this Angry birds game in Bangkok.

Yes, heard the same street talk. Lots of cancellations from European tourists.

This hotel have nowadays mostly Chinese tourist and the cancellations were from China. The explanation (which was partly lost in translation) was that some of the cities (or provinces?) in China were telling their citizens not to travel to Thailand.

I believe the numbers are accurate, but the reasoning behind might be different what I was told.

As stated previously, Thailand is a 3rd World Country and very unstable, but it's perfectly fine to invest in property that you can never own, and in business. smile.png

Thailand is actually First world country whereas for example Finland and Switzerland are 3rd World Countries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_World :)

Developing economy, yes.

Come to think of this. During my first coup in 2006, I purchased flights out of the country. Never flew out.

Now it's quite the same, what happens in Bangkok. Nothing will really change. I'm not happy if the DSI investigations and changes which were almost going to be done, will cease in Phuket.

As Xylophone earlier wrote on this or another thread, the way to live here is to adapt to the corruption and not to become one who is involved in it.

Villa markets shelves are looking bare. Many of my usual stuff is out of stock.

that's not exactly news, i can't remember the last time i went in there and found everything i needed

i keep hearing stories from friends in the hotel business that people are cancelling booking like crazy

Villa markets shelves are looking bare. Many of my usual stuff is out of stock.

that's not exactly news, i can't remember the last time i went in there and found everything i needed

i keep hearing stories from friends in the hotel business that people are cancelling booking like crazy

Blimey. I ran out of marmite last week. That reminds me. Gotta do a VM run.

As stated previously, Thailand is a 3rd World Country and very unstable, but it's perfectly fine to invest in property that you can never own, and in business. smile.png

Thailand is actually First world country whereas for example Finland and Switzerland are 3rd World Countries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_World smile.png

Developing economy, yes.

Come to think of this. During my first coup in 2006, I purchased flights out of the country. Never flew out.

Now it's quite the same, what happens in Bangkok. Nothing will really change. I'm not happy if the DSI investigations and changes which were almost going to be done, will cease in Phuket.

As Xylophone earlier wrote on this or another thread, the way to live here is to adapt to the corruption and not to become one who is involved in it.

"the way to live here is to adapt to the corruption and not to become one who is involved in it." - just by being here, aren't we all contributing to the corruption, thus ensuring Thai society will not change for the better?