dvd rental and/or purchase moved from Sripoom road

2peteok

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You can reach them here: 053-808084

Thanks for the information. Does this mean they still have a shop somewhere? If so, where? You can't rent a DVD over the phone (unless they have home delivery).

Thank you for that. I heard they moved also. I know that is also a very good video shop but the one I am looking for was on Sripoom Road near Chang Puak Gate.

I agree with you, 2peteok, the DVD shop on Sripoom Rd was excellent. I tried to find them after the shop closed, but with no success. My guess is they just went out of business, but I hope I'm wrong and they will pop up somewhere.

I'm new here and have never been to the shop you're referring to, but this one is one of the best I've ever seen for out-of-the-way esoteric movies and i have a collection of over 3,000 movies, so I am very much a film buff. Check it out.

- jf

I've been to the shop you mention, jf, many times. The one on Sripoom was better and sold DVDs also.

I agree with you exactly on that. Now we have to find out what happened to them . an unbelievable collection like they had cannot just disappear.

• Like 1

Yeah, they had a great collection there, including a lot of stuff from the Criterion Collection. You could buy a copy of any DVD in their collection (BUSTED!). It's now an optical place, seemingly specializing in sunglasses. Just what we need around here.

It was clear that no librarian had ever organized the place. It was pure chaos in there. The place was like a sauna in the hot season. Their mascot was a little foofy dog (the katoey's little precious!) who was allowed to poop at will all around the front entrance. It liked to lay in the main traffic area near the counter, and cry out when you accidentally stepped on he/she/it.

A great institution. Hope they find a new home. Without the dog!