Extension of Stay - Non O Visa

Hello,

I am divorced father with full custody of our 2 luk krueng children. My non O visa runs out July 2014, we live in Phuket however I'm going to be up in BKK over christmas so I thought I would submit my application for extension of stay whilst I'm there.

Is this timing possible or do I need to wait until near the time my non o visa expires ?

I've found the documents required here http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=service, however I don't read anything about timing ?

Thanks in advance of the advice.

Regards

Arran.

No and No are the answers to your questions.

1) You must apply to Thai Immigtration in the area where you live.

2) 30 (in some areas 45) days before your permission to stay expiry are the max normally.

ok, so I can and must submit my extension of stay in phuket ? is there an immigration bureau in phuket ? or do I submit it at a different office.

2) 30 (in some areas 45) days before your permission to stay expiry are the max normally.

ok, so I can and must submit my extension of stay in phuket ? is there an immigration bureau in phuket ? or do I submit it at a different office.

There are only two immigration offices in Phuket !

What do you have now? A multiple entry non-o from a embassy or an extension of stay from immigration.

If a visa you can do the extension during the last 30 days of any of your 90 day entries.

You have to do the extension in Phuket.

Here is a link to Phuket Immigration's Webpage with location information:

http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/contact/contact.php

What do you have now? A multiple entry non-o from a embassy or an extension of stay from immigration.

If a visa you can do the extension during the last 30 days of any of your 90 day entries.

You have to do the extension in Phuket.

Thanks

I've found the form to complete here http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/download/download.php

• 3 months later...

Submitted my application for 1 year temporary stay "Guardian Visa" at Phuket immigration, it was granted January 2014, no more 3 monthly runs to ranong, happy camper!! ( single divorced dad (42 years old) )

Submitted my application for 1 year temporary stay "Guardian Visa" at Phuket immigration, it was granted January 2014, no more 3 monthly runs to ranong, happy camper!! ( single divorced dad (42 years old) )

Excellent news - what you have however is not a 'Guardian Visa' but a One Year Extension of Permission to Stay based on Thai Family (Children) - National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.18.

Don't forget to make your 90 day reports to Phuket Immigration and that will include making one in January 2015, even though that will be when you also apply for a new One Year Extension of Permission to Stay.

• Like 1

I am in the same position as the OP. I have a non O multiple visa which will finish in june.

I have sole custody of my son with letters from the court supporting this. I do have 40K + baht

per month going into my UK bank account, but I can not transfer this amount to my thai account every month.

Is a letter from the british emabassy confirming I have funds in the uk enough for an extension?

Many thanks

I am in the same position as the OP. I have a non O multiple visa which will finish in june.

I have sole custody of my son with letters from the court supporting this. I do have 40K + baht

per month going into my UK bank account, but I can not transfer this amount to my thai account every month.

Is a letter from the british emabassy confirming I have funds in the uk enough for an extension?

Many thanks

If in Phuket, the British Embassy here no longer issues certificate of income, I had my income certified by the German Embassy on ByPass Road.