December 2, 201312 yr Hello, I am divorced father with full custody of our 2 luk krueng children. My non O visa runs out July 2014, we live in Phuket however I'm going to be up in BKK over christmas so I thought I would submit my application for extension of stay whilst I'm there. Is this timing possible or do I need to wait until near the time my non o visa expires ? I've found the documents required here http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=service, however I don't read anything about timing ? Thanks in advance of the advice. Regards Arran.
December 2, 201312 yr No and No are the answers to your questions. 1) You must apply to Thai Immigtration in the area where you live. 2) 30 (in some areas 45) days before your permission to stay expiry are the max normally.
December 2, 201312 yr Author No and No are the answers to your questions. 1) You must apply to Thai Immigtration in the area where you live. 2) 30 (in some areas 45) days before your permission to stay expiry are the max normally. ok, so I can and must submit my extension of stay in phuket ? is there an immigration bureau in phuket ? or do I submit it at a different office.
December 2, 201312 yr No and No are the answers to your questions. 1) You must apply to Thai Immigtration in the area where you live. 2) 30 (in some areas 45) days before your permission to stay expiry are the max normally. ok, so I can and must submit my extension of stay in phuket ? is there an immigration bureau in phuket ? or do I submit it at a different office. There are only two immigration offices in Phuket !
December 2, 201312 yr What do you have now? A multiple entry non-o from a embassy or an extension of stay from immigration. If a visa you can do the extension during the last 30 days of any of your 90 day entries. You have to do the extension in Phuket.
December 2, 201312 yr No and No are the answers to your questions. 1) You must apply to Thai Immigtration in the area where you live. 2) 30 (in some areas 45) days before your permission to stay expiry are the max normally. ok, so I can and must submit my extension of stay in phuket ? is there an immigration bureau in phuket ? or do I submit it at a different office. Here is a link to Phuket Immigration's Webpage with location information: http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/contact/contact.php
December 3, 201312 yr Author What do you have now? A multiple entry non-o from a embassy or an extension of stay from immigration. If a visa you can do the extension during the last 30 days of any of your 90 day entries. You have to do the extension in Phuket. Thanks I've found the form to complete here http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/download/download.php
March 24, 201412 yr Author No and No are the answers to your questions. 1) You must apply to Thai Immigtration in the area where you live. 2) 30 (in some areas 45) days before your permission to stay expiry are the max normally. ok, so I can and must submit my extension of stay in phuket ? is there an immigration bureau in phuket ? or do I submit it at a different office. Submitted my application for 1 year temporary stay "Guardian Visa" at Phuket immigration, it was granted January 2014, no more 3 monthly runs to ranong, happy camper!! ( single divorced dad (42 years old) )
March 24, 201412 yr No and No are the answers to your questions. 1) You must apply to Thai Immigtration in the area where you live. 2) 30 (in some areas 45) days before your permission to stay expiry are the max normally. ok, so I can and must submit my extension of stay in phuket ? is there an immigration bureau in phuket ? or do I submit it at a different office. Submitted my application for 1 year temporary stay "Guardian Visa" at Phuket immigration, it was granted January 2014, no more 3 monthly runs to ranong, happy camper!! ( single divorced dad (42 years old) ) Excellent news - what you have however is not a 'Guardian Visa' but a One Year Extension of Permission to Stay based on Thai Family (Children) - National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.18. Don't forget to make your 90 day reports to Phuket Immigration and that will include making one in January 2015, even though that will be when you also apply for a new One Year Extension of Permission to Stay.
March 26, 201412 yr I am in the same position as the OP. I have a non O multiple visa which will finish in june. I have sole custody of my son with letters from the court supporting this. I do have 40K + baht per month going into my UK bank account, but I can not transfer this amount to my thai account every month. Is a letter from the british emabassy confirming I have funds in the uk enough for an extension? Many thanks
March 26, 201412 yr Yes, there is no requirement to receive the money in Thailand. The embassy decides what they will accept as proof of your income to issue the letter.
March 26, 201412 yr Thanks Mario. Can I extend my non O multiple at my local immigration. Or do I have to apply for a new Non O outside thailand? Thanks Edited March 26, 201412 yr by Noodles
April 2, 201412 yr Author I am in the same position as the OP. I have a non O multiple visa which will finish in june. I have sole custody of my son with letters from the court supporting this. I do have 40K + baht per month going into my UK bank account, but I can not transfer this amount to my thai account every month. Is a letter from the british emabassy confirming I have funds in the uk enough for an extension? Many thanks If in Phuket, the British Embassy here no longer issues certificate of income, I had my income certified by the German Embassy on ByPass Road.
Create an account or sign in to comment