Thailand today channel 9 (4 on the dial)

yourauntbob

So I just got finished watching English commentary on channel 9 of the protest. The newsman actually spoke fantastic English and broke down the demands of Sutep (I apologize for misspelling of names).

1) destroy the Shinawat regime

2) get rid of the constitution

3) new media to stop giving coverage to the government side

4) have an unelected board take control of the government

He then interviewed Chewit, leader of the Ruk Thai party. Chewit seemed to think this would be taking away the rights of Thai people (his English isnt very good so I didnt understand everything he said but will not hold it against him).

Are these really the demands? I thought they were the democrats. I find it humorous that these demands come from a leader of a party called the "democrats." As I was listing to this I couldnt help but think of all the posters on here supporting getting rid of the regime and criticizing Thai people for not knowing how a democracy works clap2.gif . Now I am sure I will be nailed to the cross for posting this here, but to all of you who support Sutep and this movement, do you really support the demands above, especially 2, 3 and 4? Hate me if you like, but these are some of the most undemocratic demands I have ever heard from someone claiming to be for democracy.

Just as a reminder:

de·moc·ra·cynoun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\

: a form of government in which people choose leaders by voting

: a country ruled by democracy

: an organization or situation in which everyone is treated equally and has equal rights

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/democracy

wai.gif

• Like 1