All roads lead to Metropolitan Police Bureau : Suthep

Lite Beer

I will be getting the popcorn and beers for this showdown. So far the yellow shirts have proved to be just that, they declared yesterday victory day and there was no victory. Tomorrow is the next deadline, and there will be no resignation.

Hopefully the BIB will stick it up them.

When you say "YELLOW SHIRTS" it straight away shows your bias

My Thai Uni Educated wife from Kalasin in Issan is out there protesting on the streets, and so are 6 of her girlfriends

and sorry my friend but they hate the Yellow Shirts

But they Love the freedom needed in Thailand

Shame you not feel the same

• Like 2

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent speech ,he summed up the puppet yingluck after his talks with her and the shameful police who fire tear gas at peacefulnprotestors and failed to protect the ramkhamhaeng students when their red buddies rallied next to the uni. Time for the army to come out and support the people.

cutting down the barb wire, pulling down the barriers, trying to overthrow an elected government, "peaceful protesters?" you are nut's read your histroy about hitler. and the other despots if you are even educated enough to read. sound like a frenchman or brit to me!

• Like 1

I am struggling for words, how to describe what I am just thinking.

The guy is seriously suffering from delusion of grandeur!

Yes, you are indeed struggling. Struggling to think.

Take off the red sunglasses and take a look at what is going on in Thailand, and has been going on for years now. Thailand is on a downward spiral into chaos and anarchy, and it has been escalating in the past 2 to 3 years.

Thanks to Yingluck, the PTP, red shirts, UDD and Thaksin, Thailand is on the verge of becoming a failed state.

While I do not support Suthep's 'citizens council', I do think a moratorium on policics should be imposed with an appointed caretaker government whose sole job would be to keep the country running. However, real democratic general elections would have to be held within one year. By real democratic I mean no vote buying, direct or indirect.

I would also like to see pretty much all existing politicians banned for life, but I am not sure how that could be accomplished democratically.

One solution might be to lay charges against every politician who has committed or been involved in criminal acts, including corruption, and then change the law to ban anone convicted of a criminal charge from ever holding public office.

Oh well, one can always dream.

• Like 1

If you ask me, I have never seen police as passive as the ones I have seen in the past couple days. Lets step it up a notch!

Where were you in 2010? These guys are hyperactive comparing with their actions in 2010. They literally did not lift a finger back then. Let's not forget that Thaksin was one of them. Old habits die hard. Once police officer, always police officer.

I agree, " Once police officer, always police officer" How long have you lived in Thailand? Do you live in Thailand?

Where do you think we would be without a police force? I agree with you the Police have always seemed to use restraint. Much more so than I have seen in other countries.

Edited by prvtdetdave

Excellent speech ,he summed up the puppet yingluck after his talks with her and the shameful police who fire tear gas at peacefulnprotestors and failed to protect the ramkhamhaeng students when their red buddies rallied next to the uni. Time for the army to come out and support the people.

To call yourself King Alfred shows you are asdillusional as him

• Like 1

I've lived in Thailand for almost 12 years, studied Thai culture and politics at MA level, lived and worked amongst Thai people, worked for the police for 6 years etc etc blah blah blah. I have a reasonabe knowledge of how the system works here - or does not work.

My humble opinion? Thailand is simply not ready for democracy. No political party here seems to understand the concept - everyone is only interested in what's in it for themselves.

I would welcome a military coup, with the army running the country for the next 5 years or so. That would give the country the stability that it so desparately needs, and allow time for Thai politicians (and ordinary Thai people) to EDUCATE themselves about the fundamentals of democracy.

We don't need another imbecile government with corrupt politicians - that's all Thailand has had for decades. There is no 'white knight' politician or potential great leader waiting in the shadows, only shallow, corrupt, selfish and ignorant, incompetent politicians.

Install a military government, with the power and will to harshly punish anyone who steps out of line.

Democracy? That word doesn't exist in the Thai dictionary.

Simon

Sounds good Simon. If the military first arrest Sutep and his backers for insurrection and whatever other crimes, then, actually do something to root out all the other snouts from the trough. The current constitution is one which the military oversaw and as such they must adhere to it themselves. There have been exactly how many military coups? If history is to be observed then this is an unlikely outcome. A coup sets a precedent for the next time a power crazed fool with a following flexes his muscle.

The Thaksin bribed police force are fighting for their jobs today so this can become a very bloody end game. Hopefully when this all is over Thailand can get a professional and honest police force.

If the police are now Thaksin bribed for responding with tear gas to an armed mob, was the army Abhsit and Suthep bribed when they fired live bullets into red shirt demonstrators killing over 80 people?

It's a professional and honest police force's job to control an anarchist mob in every country around the world.

What do you want now?

"It's a professional and honest police force's job to control an anarchist mob in every country around the world."

Do you also believe that they should not come to assistance when university students get shot at?

After 30 year in this lovely country I am still searching for those "honest police" maybe after another 30 year I will be lucky to find one?

• Like 1

The current government is "ruining the country"? Any comments on that? I live in Chiang Mai,,, things are pretty good here, a lot of construction, people seem happy as they work and are out and about, new cars and new motorbikes are on the streets. Isn't this just political power grabbing? Don't you think the opposition "yellow" were just waiting for a big mistake (the amnesty bill) by the Yingluck government? WHAT, really, are "the people" upset about? Seems like these protesters are just party loyalists following their leader; minions. I hope there is discussion amongst the supposedly educated sector of the country about the following: taking over buildings, shutting down commerce, lighting busses on fire is NOT DEMOCRACY. In much of the west, inciting riots by words, even within "free speech", is indeed illegal. Announcing you are ordering your followers to take over government buildings is NOT democracy, it is dictatorial, an frankly, A LOT scarier than a businessman/politician involved with money corruption. Other countries need to start lecturing these people, not just come here for their holidays. Maybe the Thai's will respond to international shaming.

• Like 1

The current government is "ruining the country"? Any comments on that? I live in Chiang Mai,,, things are pretty good here, a lot of construction, people seem happy as they work and are out and about, new cars and new motorbikes are on the streets. Isn't this just political power grabbing? Don't you think the opposition "yellow" were just waiting for a big mistake (the amnesty bill) by the Yingluck government? WHAT, really, are "the people" upset about? Seems like these protesters are just party loyalists following their leader; minions. I hope there is discussion amongst the supposedly educated sector of the country about the following: taking over buildings, shutting down commerce, lighting busses on fire is NOT DEMOCRACY. In much of the west, inciting riots by words, even within "free speech", is indeed illegal. Announcing you are ordering your followers to take over government buildings is NOT democracy, it is dictatorial, an frankly, A LOT scarier than a businessman/politician involved with money corruption. Other countries need to start lecturing these people, not just come here for their holidays. Maybe the Thai's will respond to international shaming.

I half agree.

Violence is wrong, assaults on the state are wrong.

PTP deserve to be voted out at the next election, following a heavy-information campaign by the Dems outlining the facts and figures of PTP's years in power. As it stood pre Suthep's lunatic spiral into madness, I would have said nationally PTP/Dem were pretty much even %s in a national election. Due to the eroding PTP support w/ disgruntled farmers etc.

Re; Thaksin, businessman, money corruption, he also has more blood on his hands than the entire Addams Family. He deserves jail for life, but to start listing that would be offtopic. The grand larceny and 'mis-spending' of the Social Fund is another and also decades-in-prison case.

Suthep deserves prison too. He is has been throwing lit matches at a tinderbox nation for the last two weeks, and now the charred bodies are emerging, it is fairly obvious who to blame. If he had just demonstrated for 24 hours then gone home, the redmob would not have come out in /ragemode either. Politics are not worth the loss of life of a single person. Suthep has broken that basic moral code.

• Like 1

I am struggling for words, how to describe what I am just thinking.

The guy is seriously suffering from delusion of grandeur!

I'm not psychiatrist or psychologist and have never met the man. Therefore, I am unable to diagnose him as being delusional or suffering from any other disorder.

I think I will sit this one out and save my comments for something I have training in.

Thailand clearly needs an independent arbitrator, somebody from UN, Martti Ahtisaari for example. He has been as negotiator in Indonesia, in Northern Ireland and in Kosovo. Otherwise, this metronome like tik-tok power game between reds and yellows will go on for many years.

Oh yeah? And you seriously think the xenophobic thais will accept someone coming and telling them what to do? I think you missed the fact that this country is proud of doing stupid things, as long as it is the "Thai way".

If the fire gets large enough, I don't think anyone will balk at which fire brigade responds to the scene. Hotter and more violent clashes in the world have been arbitrated by outsiders.

He stressed the protest tomorrow would be conducted in peaceful manner

Just like in the early hours of this morning when the protesters were driving a 20 ton plus loading shovel through barricades I suppose. giggle.gif

On BBC World News this morning, the news castor kept asking one of the organizers, 'What's next?', 'Then what?' and 'What's the point?' but the lady had no clear answer as she and probably most of the yellow/white/polka dot or whatever they are have no idea.

• Like 1

He didnt have talks he made demands, not much of a negotiation talk really ... police are there to keep order not allow mobs to run amok dont be ridiculous.

This protest was over and done the moment Suthep made stupid demands that cannot be met and is now trying to turn things nasty.

From what ive seen outside today the support and numbers are dropping rapidly not growing and the game done, This clown needs to be carted off and made an example of by his own party if they are to even be taken seriously ever again imo.

time to go home and lick the self inflicted wounds and stop trying to get people hurt for nothing but what is now just bruised ego.

A snapshot from ones window often fails to reveal the entire picture. My window is very myopic and I can't see into the future. No clowns in view. Just disgruntled, violent and perhaps misdirected people in my field of vision.

Pax Nobiscum.

Just like in the early hours of this morning when the protesters were driving a 20 ton plus loading shovel through barricades I suppose. giggle.gif

On BBC World News this morning, the news castor kept asking one of the organizers, 'What's next?', 'Then what?' and 'What's the point?' but the lady had no clear answer as she and probably most of the yellow/white/polka dot or whatever they are have no idea.

Often times, the foot soldier does not know the battle plan. Reporters, IMO, are repeaters. Investigative reporting is a rare animal these days. This particular newscaster would have been better served, by trying to track down someone higher up in the "food chain". Ask an ant why it's taking a certain path, and the answer most likely would be, "Just following the others, Sir". Edited by Benmart

The Thaksin bribed police force are fighting for their jobs today so this can become a very bloody end game. Hopefully when this all is over Thailand can get a professional and honest police force.

If the police are now Thaksin bribed for responding with tear gas to an armed mob, was the army Abhsit and Suthep bribed when they fired live bullets into red shirt demonstrators killing over 80 people?

It's a professional and honest police force's job to control an anarchist mob in every country around the world.

What do you want now?

Thailand doesn't have a professional and honest police force.

What it has is one of the largest organised crime gangs on the planet, dressed in brown.

I half agree.

Violence is wrong, assaults on the state are wrong.

PTP deserve to be voted out at the next election, following a heavy-information campaign by the Dems outlining the facts and figures of PTP's years in power. As it stood pre Suthep's lunatic spiral into madness, I would have said nationally PTP/Dem were pretty much even %s in a national election. Due to the eroding PTP support w/ disgruntled farmers etc.

Re; Thaksin, businessman, money corruption, he also has more blood on his hands than the entire Addams Family. He deserves jail for life, but to start listing that would be offtopic. The grand larceny and 'mis-spending' of the Social Fund is another and also decades-in-prison case.

Suthep deserves prison too. He is has been throwing lit matches at a tinderbox nation for the last two weeks, and now the charred bodies are emerging, it is fairly obvious who to blame. If he had just demonstrated for 24 hours then gone home, the redmob would not have come out in /ragemode either. Politics are not worth the loss of life of a single person. Suthep has broken that basic moral code.

My country was founded on violence and revolution, however, I don't support the violent overthrow of any government. I prefer to keep my biased, ill informed, western views out of the Thai political arena.

• Like 1

Often times, the foot soldier does not know the battle plan. Reporters, IMO, are repeaters. Investigative reporting is a rare animal these days. This particular newscaster would have been better served, by trying to track down someone higher up in the "food chain". Ask an ant why it's taking a certain path, and the answer most likely would be, "Just following the others, Sir".

Yeah know what you mean but one can't help thinking their cause is lost. Sure that family of pariahs need to go but unfortunately they were voted in (bought their way in) and in view of the constitution, the protests seem quite meaningless. (I think they know it too)

• Like 1

I've lived in Thailand for almost 12 years, studied Thai culture and politics at MA level, lived and worked amongst Thai people, worked for the police for 6 years etc etc blah blah blah. I have a reasonabe knowledge of how the system works here - or does not work.

My humble opinion? Thailand is simply not ready for democracy. No political party here seems to understand the concept - everyone is only interested in what's in it for themselves.

I would welcome a military coup, with the army running the country for the next 5 years or so. That would give the country the stability that it so desparately needs, and allow time for Thai politicians (and ordinary Thai people) to EDUCATE themselves about the fundamentals of democracy.

We don't need another imbecile government with corrupt politicians - that's all Thailand has had for decades. There is no 'white knight' politician or potential great leader waiting in the shadows, only shallow, corrupt, selfish and ignorant, incompetent politicians.

Install a military government, with the power and will to harshly punish anyone who steps out of line.

Democracy? That word doesn't exist in the Thai dictionary.

Simon

I think your views are patronising and shameful. And if you truly believe corruption in Thailand is lmited to politicians and doesn't affect the military you are also very naive!

Many people in the north were starting to wake up to the damage the government was causing to the country. Suthep has now reassured them that the other side is no better.

It is going to be a long and painful road ahead for Thailand.

Well said.

It is a rare government that is in majority favour in the middle of its term of office. With a government as corrupt and self-serving as this one it wouldn't have been at all surprising to see huge numbers of protesters at these marches but that has simply not happened. Is this just an example of the dramatic polarisation that exists in Thai politics or is it because this movement really doesn't have the numerical support it claims to have?

Add to that the astoundingly incompetent way Suthep and his cronies have managed this protest movement which has now descended to the point where many more deaths and injuries seem unavoidable - Suthep is a disgrace and a public relations disaster for the democrats.

• Like 2

The PAD started this stand off , by their protests that provoked the 2006 coup .

Without Thaksin being deposed by the coup , these riots would not be taking place repeatedly .

The injustice of the coup is what has fired up northern people to support Thaksin , not just that Thaksin is their hero for recognising that poor northern people needed to be considered and taken care of ; not just to be used as cheap labour in Bangkok and Rayong factories that then give huge profits to the

owners and elite . It is said too , that govenment officials cream off a percentage from all the major industries .

Western or advanced world people see corruption in Thailand everywhere , but to Thai people is is the way of life permeated through every strata of

society . Likewise prostitution is not seen as anything shameful , mothers and fathers are proud of a daughter who sends home lots of money , in the full

knowledge of how she earns it . Suthep is a misguided Buffalo and a fool to try to bring down the government in this way , give a man enough rope and he

will hang himself . The coup has done irreparable dammage to the balance of power in Thailand ; Northerners have woken up to the fact that they choose the government and the country will be run their way . Any attempt to have a peoples council appointed government will spark further trouble .

Like it or not Thaksin has been the strongest and best leader Thailand has had for many years . Money is God in Thailand and any government and leaders are likely to be corrupt .

• Like 1

I've lived in Thailand for almost 12 years, studied Thai culture and politics at MA level, lived and worked amongst Thai people, worked for the police for 6 years etc etc blah blah blah.  I have a reasonabe knowledge of how the system works here - or does not work.

My humble opinion?  Thailand is simply not ready for democracy.  No political party here seems to understand the concept - everyone is only interested in what's in it for themselves.

We don't need another imbecile government with corrupt politicians - that's all Thailand has had for decades.  There is no 'white knight' politician or potential great leader waiting in the shadows, only shallow, corrupt, selfish and ignorant, incompetent politicians.

Democracy?  That word doesn't exist in the Thai dictionary.

Simon

Unfortunately those heading the armed forces are just as corrupt as the politicians leading the government.

Thailand clearly needs an independent arbitrator, somebody from UN, Martti Ahtisaari for example. He has been as negotiator in Indonesia, in Northern Ireland and in Kosovo. Otherwise, this metronome like tik-tok power game between reds and yellows will go on for many years.

Thailand doesn;t need an independent arbitrator, it needs a nanny to keep all the children who run the country under control and their hands out of the cookie jar.

I wonder if Mary Poppins is available..............? rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I do not think it has anything to do with the flow of money to Isaan. Nobody from what I see is concerned with that flow if it is channeled into improvements in education for example...(current government how many months term per education minister again is it? 4 already for this government's term of two years...the train fell off the rails in how many hours? is it even perhaps minutes...its Keystone Cops stuff...sadly its a country with beautiful people, huge potential but it is being trashed by corruption and lawlessness in the guise of a whole lot of groups all in their actors suits and colours,.. yaa for the colours.

To me it seems what some thai people are seemingly against is just how far above what is reasonably, morally or politically, acceptable law in all areas of governance are they as a society prepared to tolerate". Certainly there is a huge ground swell against giving amnesty to peoples court convicted criminals, not accepting the peoples courts rulings, giving passports to peoples court convicted criminals, the list is endless and in China the perpetrators would be shot, in the good old US of A impeached? and in most of the Westminster government systems that some of us are fortunate to live by imprisoned for what this lot are doing. Solve that first and then attack the corruption and all the other garbage that is holding the place backwards. Suthep and all other groups need to stand down tomorrow, respect the next period with "thai smile" and then play out the next session. Yingluck would be wise to use that time to offer full 'coup de gras' to the Amnesty bill and Suthep then should have no axe to grind and in a normal society if he wished to continue, his arse should be arrested, but there goes the Keystone Cops stuff again..whats that Cap? he's had an arrest warrant out "for how long!!!"... and he does not have Parliamentary privilege either Cap!!! Jeez...seriously you could not script this better...choo choo and there's a MInister on board too, at least he offered his resignation from his stuff up. He should honour it.

Perhaps u are right about that.

But when seeing on facebook and else where hate photos of Thaksin and Yingluck and listening speechs of so called democrats i don't see much different of arguments that were used in Nazi Germany. The photos are awfull and made by those "civilised" Bangkokians. They are trying to make Shinawatras be like deamons who should get killed. But same they know that they are really not the only one who has abused power in Thailand make that looks like a big hypocrisy.

Most people want to belong in a group they believe is right in their opinion. That's natural. But if u are too much affected and want to be associated with some particular group u can lose perspective what is really right. Of course same thing happen with Reds and their supporters.But if we speak about farangs most of them want to ascosiate with so called hi-so bangkok Thais (prettier and high educated Thai ladies as well ; ). Not with "stupid" rural Isaan Reds. That can make people think opinions and conclusions that are not really true. Ideas that make thinking like Bangkok middle class is just more democrat than poor Isaan people than because their living and wealthy is more close to us.

Anyway I still think that class difference between Isaan voters and Bangkokian voters is major reason for this conflict. That's why Bangkok people hope another military coup to put "right" people back to power because by democracy it's not possible... And thinking that they are not in power is just too much for them to bear.

Of course this is just stereotypical assumption how Farangs or Bangkok Thais or Isaan people are.

Edited by ChillBill