Roi Et woman dies in fall while being attacked by 3 dogs

webfact

Roi Et woman dies in fall while being attacked by 3 dogs
The Nation

ROI ET: -- A 69-year-old woman suffered a fatal head injury yesterday after falling to the ground while being attacked by three dogs in Roi Et's Suwannaphum district, police said.

Thongchan Onchaphew was bitten by the three Rottweilers during the attack, which occurred as she was walking along a village road on Saturday evening, before she fell and fatally hit her head.

The dogs belong to Suban Khamha, police said.

Police were alerted yesterday after Thongchan was pronounced dead at Roi Et Hospital.

An unnamed villager said local residents had earlier asked Suban to keep the dogs caged or on a leash, because the animals had roamed freely and had bitten other adults and children.

Suban reportedly visited and offered condolences to the victim's family, who said they would discuss further legal proceedings after Thongchan's funeral.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-03

I don't remember seeing anyone putting dogs over people in the other thread ??

People were defending the soi dogs rights to a life, bit different..

As for the OP, if those are the facts, then it is a typical case of negligent owner. If you dispute that then you really are just trolling for fun.

I used to live on a Moo Baan in Phuket and my dog is a liability (Ban Kaew) so he was always on a leash. When walking him I had to carry a big stick to keep other dogs away. These were always allowed to roam free by there uncaring owners. It is all too common here in Thailand.

RIP the lady who died.

• Like 2

Let's see. Where is that other running thread defending the poor defenseless soi dogs? Who were the posters putting dogs ahead of people?

Where are those who could never kill a dog?

Those dogs need to be put down, and right now.

neversure your never-right its the owner who should be put down.

Quite right,

As it is said:

Many people are still alive because it is illegal to kill them...whistling.gif

it would be sad to put the dogs down because bad training but it is a fact they have tasted blood now you can lock them up in a yard. what if they breakout which l know rotties can do. you have to put them down and make owner pay some justice

• Like 1

Let's see. Where is that other running thread defending the poor defenseless soi dogs? Who were the posters putting dogs ahead of people?

"Put down" their owner first. People who kill dogs to kill are murderers. It's no better then the guy shooting them with a gun.

• Like 2

it would be sad to put the dogs down because bad training but it is a fact they have tasted blood now you can lock them up in a yard. what if they breakout which l know rotties can do. you have to put them down and make owner pay some justice

i agree with you 100% but its going to be so difficult to re-train them[ no they havnt had any] first the age,then they have to be split up,they have to have a completely different environment.

ours [came to us at 1yr.old] he couldnt be handled by the owners,a big dog who is bred for strenght and will chase any small creature,he was let to roam and killed many chickens on a farm.he looks like a wolf and has the character insticts of one will chase anything and doesnt stop if let free.

with some love and care and obedience he is now every ones freind even chickens and cats.

Rotweiler are NOT Soi dogs

Dont try and compare them

Roti's are bred as gaurd dogs due to size and the fact they are agressive animals

I am an animal lover but do agree with dangerous dogs being kept behind high gates

The owner should be the one punished here, why would any sane person allow 3 dogs of this size to roam free

• Like 2

You have my vote Neversure and Monkey4U is absolutely right as well

Why would anyone have 3 rottweilers?

Rottweilers and Pitbulls were banned in the UK a number of years ago, due to the numerous fatal attacks - mainly to children. The vast majority of the owners of such dogs were found to be low-class low-intelligence scum - the dogs used mainly for fighting. As many say - it should of course be the owners who are put down - but that will never happen; so get over it. Any dog who has drawn blood, in an attack on a human, should be automatically put down - no questions asked; no appeal!

• Like 1

Rottweilers and Pitbulls were banned in the UK a number of years ago, due to the numerous fatal attacks - mainly to children. The vast majority of the owners of such dogs were found to be low-class low-intelligence scum - the dogs used mainly for fighting. As many say - it should of course be the owners who are put down - but that will never happen; so get over it. Any dog who has drawn blood, in an attack on a human, should be automatically put down - no questions asked; no appeal!

I'd take on 3 Soi Dogs but I would have no chances against three Rottweiler.

I have run and cycled in SE Asia for 20 years and never been attacked by a dog, but the recent trend here in Siem Reap of buying big European breeds and letting them roam scares me; I have started taking pepper spray along on my runs.

Edited by hanno
  • Like 1

...this is probably one of the dogs the expat from yesterday wants to run 999km for ????? As I said...send all dogs to Vietnam....! Good food

"as i said" send all the dogs to vietnam.....! good food. when did you say that?

AS I WILL SAY "i will say it again" w00t.gif here's a knife see what you can do with 3 rottweilers.

Rottweilers are not banned in U.K. Rottweilers are generally not used for fighting.

Monkey4u speaks common sense. Neversure, not so sure....

First of all the 3 dogs belong to someone, therefore they're not soi dogs. Secondly, it's not the dogs' fault that the owner allowed them to go bad and let them roam the streets. It's him that should be put down. Dogs can trained!!! In regards of putting them down, I disagree. Give them to someone who knows how to properly train dogs and they'll be fine.

I am afraid many people will fall over me about what I think.

1 - There are way too many dogs running around in Thailand

2 - Thai people love dogs, when they are puppies.

3 - Thai people tend to get new puppies whe the former puppie has grown.

4 - Thai people then kick the former puppie, now a grown dog, on the street.

All of which tells me something need to be done about the free-roaming, outkicked dogs.

They tend to fall back to running around in groups and getting dangerous or at least threatening, to people.

Thai people, in general, don't really like dogs, or cats seeing the broken tailed or tailless examples.

They like cuddable toys, to be sprayed any colour, and outkickable.

The solution?

We all know, but it seems we tend to forget reality.

A dog that has once bitten a human being, for whatever reason, can never be trusted again and is dangerous.

That dog should be "neutralized".

Free roaming soi dogs, in packs, are inherently dangerous for human beings.

As one attacks, being a pack animal, all will attack.

That danger should be "neutralized".

Dogs that are not taken care of by the owner should be taken away and the owner given a huge fine for possibly endangering human beings.

I love cats, I love dogs, I will take good care of my animals, but I am very realistic.

Both animals can be dangerous for people, and when they are, end of the line for the animal.

Fully agree with you about dogs.

Cats with "broken" tails don't have broken tails. It is a genetic defect very often seen in Asia.

My cat with a broken tail was born with a broken tail as the mother cat also had a broken tail.

Terrible, an old lady dies because of an irresponsible pet owner letting her dogs out on the public street. Hope she (the pet owner) is charged with manslaughter, jailed, fined and has her dogs taken away and banned from owning any more. She should also be made to pay compensation to the victims family. Make an example of her. Make it headline news so that all the other irresponsible dog owners who let their dogs run free on the public street learn that it is simply wrong to do so. Dogs should be kept on your private land behind fencing except when out for exercise when they should be properly leashed and in control of a responsible adult. If these simple rules had been followed this tragedy would never have happened.

• Like 1

poor defenseless soi dogs,where does it say they were soi dogs.

they were owned by a pompous,unintelligent,empty-headed idiotic moron.

Unfortunately this group of morons is soooooooooo HUGE ! coffee1.gif

I could nitpick and say what killed her was the impact of her head on the ground, but obviously, had the dogs not attacked her and bitten her,

this 69 year old woman, probably not stable on her legs at that age, would not have fallen and hit her head and died.

There is no mention in the OP that the dogs have been, or will be, put down.

I'd say the dogs probably followed their insticts, natural or trained, so the dogs would be less to blame.

However, being the nature of these rottweilers, as others have said (once the dogs have drawn blood...), these dogs

might very well repeat this. Unless the owner keeps the dogs confined in his own gated and walled premises, the dogs

should be put down to prevent this from happening again.

Since the owner will probably let his dogs out after a few months to walk free (Thai attitude), putting the dogs down

would be the safest thing to do.

• Like 1

"Put down" their owner first. People who kill dogs to kill are murderers. It's no better then the guy shooting them with a gun.

"People who kill dogs to kill are murderers."

I don't understand that sentence. I would only kill a dog if it would attack people or smaller pets or livestock.

I would have no problem shooting those dogs with a gun.

If that makes me a "murderer" in your eyes, I really don't care.

Yes, and also the owner.

I could nitpick and say what killed her was the impact of her head on the ground, but obviously, had the dogs not attacked her and bitten her,

this 69 year old woman, probably not stable on her legs at that age, would not have fallen and hit her head and died.

There is no mention in the OP that the dogs have been, or will be, put down.

I'd say the dogs probably followed their insticts, natural or trained, so the dogs would be less to blame.

However, being the nature of these rottweilers, as others have said (once the dogs have drawn blood...), these dogs

might very well repeat this. Unless the owner keeps the dogs confined in his own gated and walled premises, the dogs

should be put down to prevent this from happening again.

Since the owner will probably let his dogs out after a few months to walk free (Thai attitude), putting the dogs down

would be the safest thing to do.

its not the dogs fault but the owners.

you say unless the owner keeps his dogs confined to his premises[he wont]

you take the dogs off him to start,then it must be known to him if he gets another dog or dogs he will go to jail for a very long time.

10yr.suspended sentence.what compensation to the victims family well we all know what that will be.

so i will have to be careful coming up 69 that my legs are in working order.

Like I said on another thread regarding the Farang running to support dogs. I hope he has access to anti rabies treatment and a deterrent against the soi dogs. The dogs will love him. Meals on heels.xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.EHpb_n75Bh.

BS. Been running all over SE Asia, including Thailand, for 20 years and have never been attacked by a Soi dog or its Laotian, Vietnamese, Khmer, or Myanmar counterpart.

Plenty of close shaves with drunk expats in cars or on motorbikes though.

• Like 1

Any dog roaming about unleashed is a liability either through the risk of attack or causing a traffic accident, as said the owner should be brought to book and the dogs put down now (previous reports of bites etc) probably will not happen, RIP to the lady

Too many uncontrolled dogs here - Period.

• Like 1